TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Hey, AML - Welcome to The Site for Mustangs!

You don't have to own one to hang out here.

We've got a very hip and friendly bunch of folks here who like to talk about cars.

And if you need info on Mustangs - you're in the right place.

Be safe "over there" and join in on the fun here.

I'd love to get a Mustang on the Autobahn! :shift::hysterical:

Bryan

Thanks for what you're doing for us, too, you hear?

Thanks RUFDRAFT. I know you would love the Autobahn. Just be careful though I blew my engine going a wee bit to fast. Oh well, not everyone can say they blew up a porsche on the autobahn huh? Not that they would want to :doh:

Hello All

I am a new member to this site but in fact it is the only site i am a part of.

I need some help/advice.

It appears that everyone talks about there new shelby coming,there new shelby they have ordered or there new shelby that there dealer is going to order. Am i the only one feeling completly used and abused by more then 10 dealerships locally and regionally.I own a 71 mach1 429 cj and am a mustang nut. I have had my eye on this car for over a year now and have had my name on 4 lists.I have already given a large deposit to a dealer and have had it sent back to me saying sorry but we will only sell our alotment of shelbys to whoever has the biggest check book. Today i called 7 dealers and every single one said if i would like to buy the car i could give them 30 to 40 thousand over sticker or come to the auction when the car comes in.What is going on here,i'am i the only one out there this is happing too?????????????

I feel speechless and disgusted at this point and many other adjectives that i can"t mention.

What is an honest working guy to do who has been working very hard for a long time to try to afford one of these cars.

My faith in the ford motor company and all its unfair dealerships is fading fast. Ford and all its dealerships are acting like they are on top of the market but last time i checked there company is losing market share fast,well there doing a good job at losing mine very fast.Can anyone help?????????????

What's Up??!!

Just joined today and wanted to say hi to all the members. Came over from svtperformance.com. I've been following the GT500 saga for a while now and am just waiting for initial buying frenzy to die down before I take the plunge. Not in any hurry so if I don't pick one up until next year that's fine with me. Hopefully by then I'll be able to get one for MSRP or less.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Jim

Montego - like Jim says here- have patience.

Read through the threads here and see how many of us have had dealer "issues." A lot.

The frenzy will cool down in the months to come.

Let those with deep pockets get their's first - then the rest of us will have a go!

Meantime - hang out and have some fun here. You hear? :hysterical:

I just signed up after spending a couple days reading threads. This is a great site as is the site I've been with for several months. It came highly recommended as it should. I'm in Baghdad working and have been for 2 1/2 years so this is my life line to know whats going on with the Shelby.

I to can't wait for the Shelby. I placed my deposit back in June 05. I got the call from the states today that I will have a DORA and/or a VIN tomorrow (I hope)..... O' I have waited so, so long for that call.

Just Glad to be here.....

Lambbo

I just signed up after spending a couple days reading threads. This is a great site as is the site I've been with for several months. It came highly recommended as it should. I'm in Baghdad working and have been for 2 1/2 years so this is my life line to know whats going on with the Shelby.

I to can't wait for the Shelby. I placed my deposit back in June 05. I got the call from the states today that I will have a DORA and/or a VIN tomorrow (I hope)..... O' I have waited so, so long for that call.

Just Glad to be here.....

Lambbo

WELCOME Lambbo and to all new members, THANK YOU Lambbo and AML for putting yourself in harms way my father was also in the military, i have nothing but respect for you guys. This site is very good we are a unique set of individuals who are ford experts. If you need any info dont hesitate to ask talk to you soon. :rockon:

Edited by STSVT

hi everyone my real name is jason. i have an alloy mustang gt500 on order. had it on order since last june. got a dealership to actually agree to sell me one at sticker price. prob only guy in the states to get that deal.

just wanted to intro. myself i enjoy this sight. still a little rusty on how to do everything .

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum.

When you say you had it on "order" since last June, I assume you mean that's when you told your dealership you wanted the vehicle, and possibly gave a deposit. Technically the cars could not be ordered through Ford until March 2006. Do you now have a DORA or VIN?

Regards, and again, welcome.

Dave

What Up! Ordered my GT500 friday June 23rd. Red with white stripes and all the extras!

I will be paying 10k over MSRP, first time in my life that I payed any where close to MSRP.

This will be my fourth Mustang and I hope my last for a year or two. The only one I should

of kept was a Black and Gold 380R. What are the going prices for the 2007 GT500's ???

Your last for a year or two? :hysterical:

Man, you go through cars faster than I go through underwear. :hysterical:

Dave

We've got a very hip and friendly bunch of folks here who like to talk about cars.

Bryan

Hip? Speak for yourself. I'm as square as a Scion xB. :hysterical2:

It appears that everyone talks about there new shelby coming,there new shelby they have ordered or there new shelby that there dealer is going to order. Am i the only one feeling completly used and abused by more then 10 dealerships locally and regionally.I own a 71 mach1 429 cj and am a mustang nut. I have had my eye on this car for over a year now and have had my name on 4 lists.I have already given a large deposit to a dealer and have had it sent back to me saying sorry but we will only sell our alotment of shelbys to whoever has the biggest check book. Today i called 7 dealers and every single one said if i would like to buy the car i could give them 30 to 40 thousand over sticker or come to the auction when the car comes in.What is going on here,i'am i the only one out there this is happing too?????????????

I feel speechless and disgusted at this point and many other adjectives that i can"t mention.

What is an honest working guy to do who has been working very hard for a long time to try to afford one of these cars.

My faith in the ford motor company and all its unfair dealerships is fading fast. Ford and all its dealerships are acting like they are on top of the market but last time i checked there company is losing market share fast,well there doing a good job at losing mine very fast.Can anyone help?????????????

You are not alone. This is happening to others as well, although not all of us. Keep looking around, search out other dealerships. Some are recommending waiting...things may cool off as the cars start coming. Be patient.

One point of clarification. You talk about Ford and the dealerships as if they are one. While Ford does have to "approve" a dealership to carry its products, the dealerships are not owned by Ford. Ford's control over what dealers charge or their sales practices is only indirect...Ford cannot TELL them what to charge. Most of us agree that Ford should exercise a bit more authority in guiding dealerships on their actions, as ultimately the dealerships are the link to the customer....and Ford is affected in a big way by how the dealerships treat us. If you do end up finding a deal, make sure to get signed documentation, with as much firm information as you can...verbal agreements have been broken too often as we've seen in this forum.

Good luck.

Dave

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum.

When you say you had it on "order" since last June, I assume you mean that's when you told your dealership you wanted the vehicle, and possibly gave a deposit. Technically the cars could not be ordered through Ford until March 2006. Do you now have a DORA or VIN?

Regards, and again, welcome.

Dave

Your last for a year or two? :hysterical:

Man, you go through cars faster than I go through underwear. :hysterical:

Dave

Hip? Speak for yourself. I'm as square as a Scion xB. :hysterical2:

You are not alone. This is happening to others as well, although not all of us. Keep looking around, search out other dealerships. Some are recommending waiting...things may cool off as the cars start coming. Be patient.

One point of clarification. You talk about Ford and the dealerships as if they are one. While Ford does have to "approve" a dealership to carry its products, the dealerships are not owned by Ford. Ford's control over what dealers charge or their sales practices is only indirect...Ford cannot TELL them what to charge. Most of us agree that Ford should exercise a bit more authority in guiding dealerships on their actions, as ultimately the dealerships are the link to the customer....and Ford is affected in a big way by how the dealerships treat us. If you do end up finding a deal, make sure to get signed documentation, with as much firm information as you can...verbal agreements have been broken too often as we've seen in this forum.

Good luck.

Dave

Hi Dave

Thankyou for the insight and i appreciate your opinions,i will hold tight and hope and pray that someone out there in ford dealership land is still fair and honest but i have many doubts.I will search each and every week to find someone out there that will sell me my car of a lifetime for msrp.

montego(Larry) in NY

Hi guys,

I just wanted to jump into the fray here. I've been reading the forums since last fall and registered a few months back, this is only my 2nd post.

I'm just trying my best to remain patient. I've had a deposit down on a GT 500 @ MSRP since last Sept. I'm 3rd on the list and my dealer (small SVT dealer) now tells me that he will only get 2 cars for 07. The first car goes to a local Dr who is a car nut. The 2nd goes to a good buddy of mine. My buddy has known the dealer owner most of his life and they give him a partial sponsorship on his drag car. The only deposits they accepted were my buddy's and mine. Our cars were at MSRP, don't know about the Doc.

So, I'm trying to be patient and he (the dealer's GM) SWEARS he will call me if he gets's the chance to order another car. He was VERY quick to want to return my deposit. I told him to keep it and if he get's another car, then great. If not, I told him I would just wait and get the FIRST 08 that he gets. In the meantime, if I run into another car @ MSRP I'll buy that one.

I'm a Ford guy from way back and have had several Mustangs, both 60's and late model. Currently have and 01 F350 dually and an 89 GT vert with only 98K miles. The wife has an 05 Explorer. (I also have a beater Camry work car) My current "toy" is Ford powered, but is not a Mustang. I got the speed bug really bad and wanted to go FAST. It's not streetable, lol, but hopefully I can get my speed fix with it and not rag on the GT 500.

My toy:

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dl...d=66449&ck=

BTW, there is a chance that I MAY get close to some of you guys' GT500's before you do. Hauling it. I'm an Engineer for BNSF Railway and we/I haul LOTS of new cars. Anything from 1-2 auto racks with 10 cars each to a full train of around 70 racks w/ 700 cars (most full trains are Honda and Mercedes from two local plants) .

Good to finally speak up.

Thanks

David Cole

Edited by Dave_C

Greetings to all.

Just joined about 30 minutes ago.

Since December 2005, 1st on the waiting list at a (not so) local Ford dealership, $500.00 deposit, MSRP...in writing, signed by the then current sales manager.

Loved the '67 and '68 Mustangs, to young to drive when new, to poor to own when I learned.

Finally got to own a '78 Mustang II (2.3L 4 speed man.)

Saw the '05 and was going to buy until Shelby...well, you know the rest. :woohoo:

Retired military, blah, blah, blah.

Hey, man. Welcome.

The blah, blah, blah is what we'd like to hear.

Very glad you're finally getting the car you want.

Good to have you with us. If you need meds until your car arrives, let us know.

We're here for ya. :shift:

Bryan

I'm a virgin here....so take it easy on me....

Anyway, I have always been a fan of Mustangs and I have two that I will restore someday.

I am also a fan of Honda Odysseys and Pilots (not the minivans or SUVs). They are single seat dune buggies. I am sure that less than 1% of you guys know what I am talking about.

I ran across this site when I heard that Ford was considering production of the GT500. Come hell or high water I am going to own one. I would never jump ship and buy a Mopar product!!!!!!

So after calls to 45 dealerships and a few arrangements I have a Black w/black interior ordered will all the bells and whistles. Call me an idiot for paying 5K over MSRP, I think it will be worth every dime.......

I seen an interesting thing on the news tonight in Topeka Kansas. Some brilliant individual that got a first run of the GT500 pilled her up somewhere downtown. They couldn't of had it more than a week. I just thought that makes mine worth just alittle bit more....LOL

Thanks for the awesome site!!!!!!!!!

post-6256-1153548560_thumb.jpg

post-6256-1153548560_thumb.jpg

The DORA is the document that the Ford order system generates to acknowledge that it has recieved the order from the dealership. If your dealer has placed the order, then they should have a copy of it already. Sorry, I just re-read you note a little more carfully. The document you have is the DORA. I do not know how long it takes for V.I.N.'s to get assigned after the orders are placed. I recommend re-asking that question outside of new member introductions and you will probably get an answser quickly.

Hope that helps.

SOG

Hi, I'm new to the site and I was wondering if maybe you could tell me what the "order code" is used for on my DORA.

I placed my order 14Apr06, and still have no info on my GT500! :banghead:

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am sooooo excited to find this site!

My salesman told me about this site.

I have 2 cars on order from same dealer. Just found out 1st car will be here in less than 2 wks with other not too far behind.

A coupe for me and a convert for wife.

Anyone else have a his and hers?

Salesman just called and said to clean out the garage as both will be here soon. :happy feet: :bandance: :cheerleader: :bandance: :happy feet: :bandance:

I am sooooo excited to find this site!

My salesman told me about this site.

I have 2 cars on order from same dealer. Just found out 1st car will be here in less than 2 wks with other not too far behind.

A coupe for me and a convert for wife.

Anyone else have a his and hers?

Salesman just called and said to clean out the garage as both will be here soon. :happy feet: :bandance: :cheerleader: :bandance: :happy feet: :bandance:

OKAY --What lottery did you win & tell us how you got two so fast ? Would your last name be FORD?

I am a new member that found this site while searching for info to keep my dealer honest about ordering dates and the like. I am happy to say my dealer has 3 shelbys coming (mine 1st eta 2nd week in August)

and I talked to them today to find out who was getting the other ones and if they would be getting theirs at MSRP and am pleased to report that the other 2 are going to loyal customers like myself at MSRP.

I am a new member that found this site while searching for info to keep my dealer honest about ordering dates and the like. I am happy to say my dealer has 3 shelbys coming (mine 1st eta 2nd week in August)

and I talked to them today to find out who was getting the other ones and if they would be getting theirs at MSRP and am pleased to report that the other 2 are going to loyal customers like myself at MSRP.

Welcome--- You are one of the few that lucked out @ m.s.r.p Is your dealer an S.V.T dealer?

Hey, lightitup, you have a stand-up dealer who recognizes relationships live beyond the sale! Feel free to post their name here -- it's good to know who the good guys are. It's too easy to forget them.

I signed up yesterday and made a few posts before I found this thread.

I live in South Florida and have been a Ford man my whole life. My first car was a 1973 Mach1 351 Cleveland, blue with factory aluminum mags. I still have her! 54K miles.

I also have an '05 GT white with blue stripes and an '07 GT500 blue with white stripes.

Great site! Wish I had found it sooner.

-Chris

I signed up yesterday and made a few posts before I found this thread.

I live in South Florida and have been a Ford man my whole life. My first car was a 1973 Mach1 351 Cleveland, blue with factory aluminum mags. I still have her! 54K miles.

I also have an '05 GT white with blue stripes and an '07 GT500 blue with white stripes.

Great site! Wish I had found it sooner.

-Chris

Welcome -- You will find alot of info on this site & the members are great people.

Tell us more about the 07G.T`500

Hello All,

I have been registered on the site for a while but hadn't really introduced myself. I truly am a carnut beginning with a 56 Ford 2 door 312 Ranch Wagon way back in the days of 19 cent gas or cheaper on a good day. How things have changed in the car industry over the years but the cars have kind of come full circle with improvements. I love my older cars but they dont match what the auto manufactures are producing today. 500 hp and in the 20's for gas mileage. My old Impala with a L-88 (yes I changed with a crate motor even back then (1967) was fast but it got about 5 mpg city/10 hwy and wasn't as quick as the new Shelby. Amazing the insurance is lot less now than then if you had a really hard core car.

Anyway that was then, I am waiting like many of you for my red coupe with all the options, red and black interior and have been going nuts for the last month because it was originally supposed to be delivered on 6/29 but I don't have it yet and no one can tell me when. Fortunately I have a black brand X plastic car with the ponies to give me my speed thrill, but alas, it is not a Shelby. I have No 1 position at the dealership even over the owner, who is a straight shooter and another Carnut.

I also have number of fast 60's fords (not stock, nothing I own is) and few Chevrolets. I have had 4 different Mustang Cobras and a 99 Lightning which I still own with nearly 100k on it. Still looks and runs as new.

All of future owners will eventually get there cars and many of them will be at MSRP. Remember the first one went for $600K at Barrett Jackson and when number 9000 is built the craziness should be over.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona and hope to be one of the first to have the car, I think it will be another keeper

Thanks for listening to my blithering

Carnut :fan: