TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Ok, thought I'd better come clean here....

My name is really Dave. The reason my handle is "Terry" is that when I first registered, I did it from home...then when I was at work, I tried to sign on, but my company blocks certain web sites :doh: (even though I don't get paid by the hour....and believe me, I work plenty of hours to make up for it). So, I re-registered using my wife's name.

So...in case we ever meet in person....just didn't want you all to think I was some phony. I'll gladly introduce you to my wife Terry...she'll be the one WITHOUT the t-shirt that says "If it's got boobs or tires, you're gonna have problems"

:bandance:

Seriously though...she is very supportive...and she drives my '69 Camaro occasionally. Her favorite part is when I "skip" gears due to the close-ratio trans...going straight from 2nd to 4th. She's a hoot.

Dave (or you can call me Terry)

Hi my name is Rick and I finally jointed after watching this forum since I ordered the 07 GT500. See that nice blue KR at the top of the page (the one in the title bar for TheGT500Source.com)? She's mine. :happy feet: Yep, now adding a Vista blue 07 to the growing stable. Also have a 66 GT350. BTW, I have been to the factory here in Detroit and not that I am any expert, but I was impressed with the build quality of the 07's. Just wait; you won't be disappointed.

Hi my name is Rick and I finally jointed after watching this forum since I ordered the 07 GT500. See that nice blue KR at the top of the page (the one in the title bar for TheGT500Source.com)? She's mine. :happy feet: Yep, now adding a Vista blue 07 to the growing stable. Also have a 66 GT350. BTW, I have been to the factory here in Detroit and not that I am any expert, but I was impressed with the build quality of the 07's. Just wait; you won't be disappointed.

Welcome to the forum!!

Dave

Welcome to the forum!!

Dave

YIPEEE--FORD JUST ANNOUNCED PRICING ON THE SHELBY

$40,930 FOR COUPE

$45,755 FOR vERT

1300 GAS GUZLER

ETC ETC

BUD

Hi Everyone,

I've been registered and lurking for some time, but didn't post until today when I actually got pricing on my car. I put down a deposit in May of 2005 to get the first Shelby at my dealership.

I'm a long time Ford Truck Mustang guy, having owned at least one at all times since 1971. I presently have a 1970 Mach1, a 1970 Sportsroof (fastback), a Novi 1000 blown 99 Cobra, and a 2003 10th Anniversary Cobra. I also own a 2002 Lightning (the third L since 1999), a 1993 Bronco, and an 2000 F250 Superduty turbo diesel. Both Cobra's, the Lightning, and the diesel are well modded and relatively fast. I expect much more from the Shelby given some time for vendors to develop aftermarket parts and to figure out tuning.

I've gained a lot of information from this site, and want to say Thank You to all of the contributors.

I use the same screen name on SVT Performance, Chicago SVT, The Corral, F150 Online, NLOC (National Lightning Owners Club) etc. but don't find much time to post since I started the new job last year.

I usually hang out on the NLOC board when I find time, or catch me (if you can) at Byron Dragway in north central Illinois which is the most racer friendly track in the Midwest.

The best part of having a new car like this will be figuring out how to make it much faster. I'm already looking forward to numerous discussions on this topic.

Lightning Bob

post-3484-1149041447_thumb.jpg

post-3484-1149041447_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I've been registered and lurking for some time, but didn't post until today when I actually got pricing on my car. I put down a deposit in May of 2005 to get the first Shelby at my dealership.

I'm a long time Ford Truck Mustang guy, having owned at least one at all times since 1971. I presently have a 1970 Mach1, a 1970 Sportsroof (fastback), a Novi 1000 blown 99 Cobra, and a 2003 10th Anniversary Cobra. I also own a 2002 Lightning (the third L since 1999), a 1993 Bronco, and an 2000 F250 Superduty turbo diesel. Both Cobra's, the Lightning, and the diesel are well modded and relatively fast. I expect much more from the Shelby given some time for vendors to develop aftermarket parts and to figure out tuning.

I've gained a lot of information from this site, and want to say Thank You to all of the contributors.

I use the same screen name on SVT Performance, Chicago SVT, The Corral, F150 Online, NLOC (National Lightning Owners Club) etc. but don't find much time to post since I started the new job last year.

I usually hang out on the NLOC board when I find time, or catch me (if you can) at Byron Dragway in north central Illinois which is the most racer friendly track in the Midwest.

The best part of having a new car like this will be figuring out how to make it much faster. I'm already looking forward to numerous discussions on this topic.

Lightning Bob

Bob, welcome to the forum, good to have you.

I was quite content with my 2003 Harley Davidson F150 (5.4 supercharged) and was planning my future upgrades when my boss dropped the magazine on my desk featuring the 2007 Shelby GT500. I had to have one!!!! I put my Ducati up for sale and had my 5K down over MSRP by the end of July 2005. I have been waiting impatiently ever since. I will receive the first one at my dealership and have ordered a torch red coupe with white stripes, Shaker 1000, Sirius and interior upgrade. I placed my order on March 20th and thanks to this website, I was able to tell my dealer that it was time to order instead of waiting around for their call. I sold my Harley truck on May 23 and I am Jonesing hard for a supercharger fix.

I checked the status of my order yesterday and they told me that a partial VIN number had beed assigned. I am not sure exactly what that means but it made me happy.

Many thanks to all of those who posted information!!!!

Chris

I had a Mustang GT back in '96 and I'm looking to upgrade my 350Z to a Shelby but don't want to pay over MSRP. I managed to get MSRP on the Z in the first allotment so I'm hopeful that I can find a local Ford dealer that is more interested in customer service than $$$.

Anyone know the best dealerships to try in WA state?

Welcome, Daz -

Another Z'r :cheerleader:

Here's my '05 PPW.

Bryan

The Z has been a fun car - got mine in October '02 and went for the Daytona Blue which was a huge gamble as I'd never seen the color in real life until I went to pick mine up :-)

Hello, I'm new here and so far I love it! It is great being able to read information I would have never thought of knowing concerning the GT 500! I fell in love with the Mustang as a child and when I found out more than a year ago that the GT 500 would be built I was soooooo excited! In April of this year I ordered a Vista Blue/Tungsten GT500 with the interior upgrade, SIRIUS, and Shaker 1000. Lately, I have not been able to get information about my car from my dealer and sought out other sources for information. This forum has been wonderful in providing useful information I have needed. However, this week my dealer did call and informed me that I would need to pay $20,000 over MSRP ($65,000 Total) in order to stay competitive. After what I have been reading, due to the stock market and the eBAY dealer bids, that he just found out about mark ups. He had previously told me for weeks that it would be expected to pay " a couple thousand over MSRP..." I have a meeting with him next weekend (June 16-17) to discuss price. Any suggestions? Keep in mind that I have no other information. Is there anything I should ask for?(other than a lower price?!? HeHeHe) Well, hopefully I can find some information on here to help before then! It's great to be here with people that share the same kind of passion for a mustang as I do! Rebel_Chic_X

I sold my 98 supercharged cobra vert a couple years ago.It was modified front to rear the way ford should have made it before i turned the key for the first time.I kind of lost interest in the body style[99-2004] for awhile after that.in my opinion the gt500 is a grand slam and although the craziness going on around this car right now is not going to enable me to get one.if ford keeps building them,a black convertible with white stripes will hopefully be in the near future.

Edited by rock

I sold my 98 supercharged cobra vert a couple years ago.It was modified front to rear the way ford should have made it before i turned the key for the first time.I kind of lost interest in the body style[99-2004] for awhile after that.in my opinion the gt500 is a grand slam and although the craziness going on around this car right now is not going to enable me to get one.if ford keeps building them,a black convertible with white stripes will hopefully be in the near future.

I didn't like the 99-04 body style much either.........but I absolutely love the new body style!!!

hi everyone my real name is jason. i have an alloy mustang gt500 on order. had it on order since last june. got a dealership to actually agree to sell me one at sticker price. prob only guy in the states to get that deal.

just wanted to intro. myself i enjoy this sight. still a little rusty on how to do everything .

Welcome to TheGT500Source.com forums!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Hi My name is Tom I am from Ohio and I was the 1st one on the GT500 List and my dealer told me I should have mine in July sometime. I am hoping for the best. I am so lucky to be in a position to buy one. What a car. I hope all of you have the same luck as me. life is good! My car is white with Blue Strips

Hi My name is Tom I am from Ohio and I was the 1st one on the GT500 List and my dealer told me I should have mine in July sometime. I am hoping for the best. I am so lucky to be in a position to buy one. What a car. I hope all of you have the same luck as me. life is good! My car is white with Blue Strips

Welcome Tom, be sure to use the map and put your location on there. What part of Ohio? I grew up in Cincinnati...now live in southern Indiana.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings everyone, I have enjoyed watching this website for months, so I decided to join the fray. I have an order in for a 07 GT500 but I am the second on the list. I hope to have my car before winter. It would be great to have it in time for the touring session at Road America this fall. Thanks to everyone that has posted accurate information about the 07 GT500. I was very happy to see the pictures of Carroll Shebly at the Flat Rock Plant. I am looking forward to him signing my car. He was not at the Volo Auto Museum Shelby meet earlier this month due to health problems. I am glad to see that he is doing better. I have wanted to own a Shelby Mustang for over 35 years. The 2007 model put me over the edge. I think it is the greatest Mustang ever.

What Up! Ordered my GT500 friday June 23rd. Red with white stripes and all the extras!

I will be paying 10k over MSRP, first time in my life that I payed any where close to MSRP.

This will be my fourth Mustang and I hope my last for a year or two. The only one I should

of kept was a Black and Gold 380R. What are the going prices for the 2007 GT500's ???

Hello everyone, I've been a member since May but never replied to any post. I just wanted to read what you all had to say about the Gt500 and see cool vids but I guess it's about time to make an introduction. I love cars! Been a fan since I don't know when and can't wait to buy my own. Of course my dream car is a GT500 but I'm not so sure that will happen anymore considering the production #s and the fact that I don't have the cash this instant. But anyhoot It's nice to know that there are people out there that share the same interest as me and it's nice that those people are cool people to boot. Like I said, I've been reading and you guys seem like cool people. Which made me want to join the party, even though I probably will never own the awsome creation of machinery we all call the Shelby GT500. Well, I'll rap this up now. In conclusion I'm 22, live in Germany (Air Force), Love cars, and hope to make friends here.

Later

Hey, AML - Welcome to The Site for Mustangs!

You don't have to own one to hang out here.

We've got a very hip and friendly bunch of folks here who like to talk about cars.

And if you need info on Mustangs - you're in the right place.

Be safe "over there" and join in on the fun here.

I'd love to get a Mustang on the Autobahn! :shift::hysterical:

Bryan

Thanks for what you're doing for us, too, you hear?