TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

You might be able to still get one if your willing to pay over MSRP. If you post that you are in this forum I bet that you hear from someone that is watching this site. You would be lucky to find one for MSRP there are some on Ebay going for 60K+.

I have a tolerance for paying over MSRP, probably up to about $60K...I get that number based on the cost of the Roush Stage 3's. I personally would rather have the real Ford SVT team's work with a Shelby placard, than a Roush. Where/how would you suggest posting that on this site?

I have a tolerance for paying over MSRP, probably up to about $60K...I get that number based on the cost of the Roush Stage 3's. I personally would rather have the real Ford SVT team's work with a Shelby placard, than a Roush. Where/how would you suggest posting that on this site?

I sell these cars for a living and have sold one of the two we have allocated. We have one left.

email at Bud@fishervincentford.com

we are a small dealer in Central Texas

thanks

Bud Murray

Hey everyone -

I've had 4 Mustangs:

1985 Black Hatch GT

1989 Red Vert - LX - 5.0

1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan

2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1

(and soon - the Shelby!)

I teach English at East Carolina University in Greenville NC.

Last car (still for sale) - 2005 Nissan 350Z.

Let's ride. :shift:

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

E. C.

you look so good to me!

I couldn't help it.... I went to ECU my freshman year in college!

and they have done tought me english real good, too!

welcome to the site. hope all is well in greenville.

is there still a bar there called the "elbow joint"

this is of particular interest to me, as I am now an orthopedic surgeon.

cheers

Here goes...My first post here. Hi Everyone, I'm in SoCal. My GT500 was ordered on May 2nd...Performance White/Vista Blue Stripes...NO OPTIONS. Waiting patiently... My first Shelby encounter was in 1980 as a 16 year old. I went with a friend to look @ a 1967 Fairlane GT that was being offered for sale...After talking to the seller for about an hour, he asked if we would like to see his Shelby Mustang! In the garage he had a 65' w/28,000 orig. miles. The car had been the personal car of Mr. Coberly (Coberly Ford, SoCal) and this guys dad was one of the agencies top salesmen...I was instantly hooked! The first generation cars still get my BP to an unsafe level!...The closest I ever came was owning a 1985 GT that I bought new as a 21 year old...A feeble 210 hp, but nonetheless a very fun car that I have missed for a long, long time. Enter the GT500...Now I'm 42 and about to own the most powerful factory built Mustang ever...I have waited so long for this moment...Thanks for the great forum, Gary :happy feet:

My name is NOSHOULDERS, I am a Gt 500 holictided. I have been living one day at a time since I got

hooked on "new car fever" when I test drove a 2004 Cobra. I've been living on bologna and canned ham

eversince to buy a GT 500. Therapy is going well. I have my order confirmed for a Torch Red GT 500 w/

Preformance White stripes. I am able to sleep up to 4 hours a night. Also, I have sworn off conglomerate

dealerships,and I have found a friendly God fearing southern mississppi Ford dealer who grew up in the

same dealership he now is the GM of. I am only to pay MSRP & after sighning the order contract, I didn't

have to go to the Emergency Room to get a rape kit preformed on me.

Hello to all fellow GT 500 Fans.

Odered my GT 500 late march. Vista Blue w/ white stripes. All interior extras and stereo upgrade. Got mine through dealer in Dearborn, MI by way of good friend who is ford power train engineer. $1000 deposit already paid. agreed to pay 15k over msrp (I don't care if you think i'm crazy for paying that much).

Crank shaft fix news is accurate per my connection. Production delay may result from crank problems. est first run now late june (1st estimate was June 5th.) I'm told my order was early enough to make the first 10 cars off the line.

Would welcome contact from other new GT 500 owners here in my state of Colorado.

Can't wait to get behind the wheel and savor the moment!!!

:happy feet:

Trek75

:party:

Crank shaft fix news is accurate per my connection. Production delay may result from crank problems. est first run now late june (1st estimate was June 5th.) I'm told my order was early enough to make the first 10 cars off the line.

:doh:

What do they say about SC pully modifications - can it handle the horses

Edited by NOSHOULDERS

Hello!

I thought I did this once before but can't find my post!!

My name is Paul and I'm from Pittsburgh PA. I own a1969 MACH-1 390 that is all original. I just turned 46K miles on this Candyapple Red beauty.

So, on MArch 11, 2006 I placed my order for the GT-500 in Grabber Orange with White stripes. The amount of miss information flying around on the internet is enough to make you crazy. Wish Ford would just get the MSRP out there and we can move on and if lucky have the car before October.

Tis is a :happy feet: cool site and I have seen a lot of GOOD info here.

Won't be seeing my postings much after I get my 500, except to write HELL YA!!!!!!! Because I'll be either driving it or sitting in it :shift:

Good afternoon gents....first post here and a hopeful GT500 owner. Current ride is a stock 97 Cobra. This site has been very informative.....thanks to all that have contributed.

Welcome, y'all. :cheerleader:

This is the only site I visit for the Shelby.

We have a very interesting mix of members.

Some, sadly, are in need of therapy - they suffer from PSDS - Pre-Shelby Delivery Syndrome.

But - we're here for them. :happy feet:

My name is Paul and I'm from Pittsburgh PA.

Welcome Paul. I'm just south of you in Washington County. I will be driving an Alloy 'vert sooner, or later, depending on when my order gets pulled.

We might have to be founding members of the Pittsburgh chapter of the GT500 Owners Club. :party:

Hope to see you on the streets.

Hi Orf - how do you feel about your boy jumping ship to drive Toy-o-tas next year?

Maybe he'll make enough money to stop gouging folks at Dale Jarrett Ford in Charlotte! (don't believe me? Call 'em!)

It must be a big store, though. They have 100 cars on the showroom floor!

Bryan

DJ has 2 years left, and looking for a nice little nest egg. Little compared to the one he's already built, that is. :)

Regarding the Ford dealership: I might be wrong, but I think they pay him for the use of the name. Much like the name on the back of the GT500.

I would have a problem with their pricing if they told someone last year that it could be had at MSRP. That is my only gripe with dealerships and the whole GT500 atmosphere. If they never comitted to a price, let them get what they can. The ADMs will become smaller as the production run continues.

Hey, fellow 'Stangers! I've already been posting for a few days, but thought I should do an intro.

I'm a speed-crazed 43-year-old: cars, bikes, boats, etc. I'm from Oklahoma, but am currently living near Chicago to care for my fiance. We were in a near-fatal auto accident last year, and she is now a C5-6 quadraplegic. Due to my personal financial success and a large settlement from the accident, I'm still able to indulge my passion for "FAST STUFF".

On 04/14/06, I ordered a 2007 GT500 Coupe: Ebony Black w/Both Stripe Deletes/Shaker/Sirius/Interior Upgrade - at MySaneReasonablePrice!

On 05/02/06, my 2006 Ford GT was delivered: Black w/Side Stripe Delete/McIntosh Audio/BBS Wheels/Red Calipers/No Racing Stripes - at MSRP.

Yesterday (05/16/06), I ordered a 2007 GT500 Convertible: Ebony Black w/Side Stripe Delete/Shaker/Sirius/Interior Upgrade - at MSRP.

I'm looking forward to the addition of some other late-model stuff on-order at or below MSRP, and I have several nice examples of older muscle: 1969 Camaro RS/SS 396/325hp; 1968 Mustang 429/370hp; 1971 Charger R/T 440/370hp; 1969 Chevelle SS 396/375hp; 1970 Trans Am 400/366hp RAIII; 1967 Riviera 430/360hp.

Love the forum. Lots of good members, and Admin is great. See you in the posts!!

L@@KING FORWARD TO JOB 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to TheGT500Source.com forums!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Hi toall the members I`am Shelby001 & enjoy all the info .

Would like to hear from the two members that have their name in at Kennedy Ford Oakville.

Aha!

I smell a deal in the offing! :happy feet:

Or - someone getting offed? :shift:

No , No deal just interested in how they are making out, as it appears I`am going to face the same thing with an S.V.T dealer just down the road from Kennedy.Your "LUCkY" Your deal as they say "IS A DONE DEAL" some of us are still trying to be taken to the cleaners. :shift:

Welcome to TheGT500Source.com forums!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

hi, i am from italy but i live in germany.35 years old.since 1993 owner of a golf gti 16v.

ther are no official import for mustang here,but only private importeur.

a normal mustang gt premium costs 36.000 euros,as expensive as a normal car like little bmw or audi.

shelby gt 500 is now aviable for 65000 euros,at this site:uscars24.de

but i find another in www.autoscout24.de for 79.000 euro!

the american cars that go to italy are coming for germany.a normal gt premium costs 4.ooo eur more than in germany.

i think in italy will be hard to see one of them

well...i dream whit the shelby,and i hope i will be a owner, one day.

ciao ciao from europa

hey fella's, I figured I'd finally drop a line. I've been a member for a couple of months now but mostly reading and not writing. I ordered ebony coupe with tungsten stripes and all options. I got my vin about 2 weeks ago and was wondering if anyone knows if they will put data plates on these with production #'s etc...?

Welcome Jerry! I'm also in MN (Twin Cities) and also have a classic - 68 coupe. There's another guy (dtgoods) who's here with us...

:idea: Maybe we could try to get a dealer to give us a deal if we all work together?? :yahoo:

Joe G, have you found any deals out there yet? :doh:

I have not heard anything from my dealer yet, hopefully soon. :unsure:

Hi Jerry - don't wait to "hear" from your dealer!

Carpet bomb the Ford Stores.

If you want one of these bad enough - get online and start calling dealers.

There might be some deals left - or cancelled deals.

Time to roll up your sleeves and go fishin'! :shift:

:) Just curious, I wonder if there is anyone in this group so far that has been driving the same Mustang as long as I have; I bought mine when I was 18 years old in 1965 and am still driving the same car today, it now has a different engine and transmission but it still looks and runs like new. It is too bad that I did not know then what I do now, for the first few years that I owned it I beat the c__p out of it, at least I did not wreck it.

Joe G, have you found any deals out there yet? :doh:

I have not heard anything from my dealer yet, hopefully soon. :unsure:

Nope, sorry Jerry. I have a bunch of lines in the water, and I can see the fish, but I haven't been able to hook one yet. I'm meeting with one of the 2 that I think I have the best shot with on Friday. We'll see...

Hi Jerry - don't wait to "hear" from your dealer!

Carpet bomb the Ford Stores.

If you want one of these bad enough - get online and start calling dealers.

There might be some deals left - or cancelled deals.

Time to roll up your sleeves and go fishin'! :shift:

RUFDRAFT,

I have a deal, put down my deposit and signed a contract with my local dealer, my order was placed on 4-16, just waiting for a VIN number and build date, I was just wondering if Joe had found a cooperative dealer yet.