TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

I have been around the forum for a few weeks and have neglected posting here until now. In my opinion, this is the very best forum for insight and news on the 2007 GT500 by far! Fevers have been raised here and there, but that all seems to be calming down nicely! I really like this forum!

I am a baby-boomer and I know that doesn't set too well with some of the forum members, but I really didn't have much to say about when I would be born. It is true that I am finally at a stage in my life that I can afford a vehicle such as the Shelby. I can't afford it at just any price, but I have one on the way at $5k over MSRP, whatever that may be.

I am currently in my third Mustang, an 05 GT. I had an 04 GT before that (and I got a really good deal on that one!) that I traded in when I saw what the 05 looked like. We took a beating in the trade! The 300 hp may have helped sway me a little bit! I had a 68 Mustang in the early '80s that I bought for $425. It was a fun little car (289 automatic), but nothing to brag about.

My oldest son (19) has an 03 Mach 1, so if and when we are able to get the Shelby, we will have three Mustangs and a Suburban in the yard!

Many thanks to all the forum folks. I have enjoyed my time spent here very much.

I am a Moderator on The mustang Source, a 6 year member of Blue oval news, and relatively ne to this site.

This Sept will make 25 years in the automotive business, all at the same dealership. Istarted out in sales and moved up to Truck Manager, New Car Manager and Used car manager. Since 1990 I have been running our Commercial Sales Dept, Leasing Dept, and Rental operation.

I am always happy to answer any questions without the BS that a lot of salespersons seem to have.

I have also owned several Mustangs including a 65 coupe, 01 GT Vert in yellow, 04 GT vert in yellow, 05 GT vert in black, and I currently have a Grabber Orange GT vert on order and serialized.

Glad to be on board.

I am a Moderator on The mustang Source, a 6 year member of Blue oval news, and relatively ne to this site.

This Sept will make 25 years in the automotive business, all at the same dealership. Istarted out in sales and moved up to Truck Manager, New Car Manager and Used car manager. Since 1990 I have been running our Commercial Sales Dept, Leasing Dept, and Rental operation.

I am always happy to answer any questions without the BS that a lot of salespersons seem to have.

I have also owned several Mustangs including a 65 coupe, 01 GT Vert in yellow, 04 GT vert in yellow, 05 GT vert in black, and I currently have a Grabber Orange GT vert on order and serialized.

Glad to be on board.

Welcome aboard Mid-Westerner Ford Dealer & I'm sure you will provide much needed info to many on this board & thanks for joining. And may your Mustangs run wild forever :car:

Let's see... Like most or all of us here, I am without a doubt, a card carrying, dyed in the wool Ford Fanatic through and through. If Ford made or makes it, and it performs, I love it. I bleed Ford blue. My first car was a White/Red 64' Mercury Marauder with a 390 4-bbl, and throughout my adult life I have owned numerious Fords ranging from the 64' Merc to an 06' Escape Hybrid. But my favorate is my 1972 Bronco frame-off restomod that's been highly modified with a 5.8 Cobra R engine and a AOD out of a mid-eighty's Mustang. Besides the Bronco, I also own a 87' LX Convertible, a 2003 Marauder, and the 06' Escape Hybrid (hey, with three V8's, nowdays you gotta have one gas miser in the family).

Right now I earn my living as Director of Fleet Maintenance for a large Municipality in California, and of course, I only buy Fords for our fleet. I have also worked for Budget and later Hertz Rent-a-car, so if anyone is intrested in getting one of the new Hertz Shelby's when Hertz is done renting them out, I can provide you with some information that might help you.

Thanks!

Edited by Son of GT

HELLO FOLKS!!! I HAVE BEEN READING ALL OF YOUR FORUMS FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. I HAVE TO SAY THAT YOU ALL HAVE GIVEN ME A WEALTH OF INFORMATION. I HAVE SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS OVER THE LAST YEAR TRYING TO FIND A DEALER THAT WOULD SELL ME A GT500 AT A REASONABLE PRICE. I AM HAPPY TO SAY THAT I FINALLY FOUND ONE!!!! I SIGNED A SALES CONTRACT AND MADE MY DOWN PAYMENT LAST SATURDAY. THE DEALER GAVE ME A COPY OF THE "VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION." I AM ASSUMING THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT THE "DORA" THAT I SEE A LOT OF YOU REFER TO. HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE, AFTER PLACING AN ORDER, FOR THE DEALER TO GET A "DORA"? HOW LONG AFTER THE "DORA" DOES IT TAKE FOR A VIN TO BE ASSIGNED? I AM A PRIORITY 10! I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY RESPONSES TO MY QUESTIONS.

Hello Everybody and thanks for all the fantastic info on the GT500. I have been reading the posts for about a month. I had been reading other forums for about 9 months until I found this one and now it's my #1 site. I'm a lifelong Ford guy. First car was a 68 Mustang coupe. I've owned a 69 SCJ Mach1 since 1984. It is currently unrestored with 80,000 orig miles. I'm currently restoring a 68 coupe with my 15 yr old daughter. 96 5.0, AOD, 4w discs, Azure pearl with white LeMans stripes. Should be done by her 16th in Dec. I was able to get my GT500 ordered last week as several people ahead of me at my dealership backed out when it was time to put money down. :bandance: I live in Bend OR and I hope my Stang shows up before the snow flies. Thanks again and I can't wait to see the first posts from people that have gotten their car. Better yet, I'd like to be the first. :party:

Hello All. I am 36 and recently married to my wonderful husband. We have 4 kids between the two of us (brady bunch). I have been reading posts on this site for a few months now. After visiting many other sites, I must agree with others that this one has offered the highest quality of information and been the most interesting and fun.

I am a huge muscle car fan and I have owned two Mustangs; an '88 Mustang GT and a '90 Mustang GT California Edition. The California Editions were a joint venture between San Jose area Ford dealerships and Saleen. There were only 110 ever made (60 in '89 and 50 in '90). I loved that car! I put over $13k and tons of hours into keeping it emaculate and making it faster. I did a lot of work to it myself and enjoyed drag racing and racing at the local road course. Anyway, a year ago today, a 91 year old lady driving a big, old truck didn't see me while trying to cross a major street and drove straight into the driver side of my car, pushing me into another oncoming truck. I was ok, but she totalled my beloved car! After settling with her insurance company, I sold my car on eBay and now I'm saving up for the GT500.

I started calling dealerships in May 2005 to buy the GT500. I have contacted almost 100 dealerships (mostly California & Oregon) and have yet to get one at the price I want ($5k over MSRP). I have had all the same horror stories that I've read in here. Everything from changes in the agreed-on price to my name somehow being dropped from or moved way down the lists. Needless to say I am very frustrated! But I will get this car! I'll just have to wait. I have been saving my money (including the settlement $) and I should be able to pay cash for the car (once I find one). I'm feeling sad now because I see people getting VIN numbers and placing orders (jeolousy, I guess). I think I must have said all the wrong stuff to the dealers since it's been a year and I still haven't secured a deal. Live and learn!

Anyway, it is very nice to meet all of you. I love the movies, info and laughs!

post-4003-1146356655_thumb.jpg

post-4003-1146356709_thumb.jpg

post-4003-1146356655_thumb.jpg

post-4003-1146356709_thumb.jpg

Hello All. I am 36 and recently married to my wonderful husband. We have 4 kids between the two of us (brady bunch). I have been reading posts on this site for a few months now. After visiting many other sites, I must agree with others that this one has offered the highest quality of information and been the most interesting and fun.

I am a huge muscle car fan and I have owned two Mustangs; an '88 Mustang GT and a '90 Mustang GT California Edition. The California Editions were a joint venture between San Jose area Ford dealerships and Saleen. There were only 110 ever made (60 in '89 and 50 in '90). I loved that car! I put over $13k and tons of hours into keeping it emaculate and making it faster. I did a lot of work to it myself and enjoyed drag racing and racing at the local road course. Anyway, a year ago today, a 91 year old lady driving a big, old truck didn't see me while trying to cross a major street and drove straight into the driver side of my car, pushing me into another oncoming truck. I was ok, but she totalled my beloved car! After settling with her insurance company, I sold my car on eBay and now I'm saving up for the GT500.

I started calling dealerships in May 2005 to buy the GT500. I have contacted almost 100 dealerships (mostly California & Oregon) and have yet to get one at the price I want ($5k over MSRP). I have had all the same horror stories that I've read in here. Everything from changes in the agreed-on price to my name somehow being dropped from or moved way down the lists. Needless to say I am very frustrated! But I will get this car! I'll just have to wait. I have been saving my money (including the settlement $) and I should be able to pay cash for the car (once I find one). I'm feeling sad now because I see people getting VIN numbers and placing orders (jeolousy, I guess). I think I must have said all the wrong stuff to the dealers since it's been a year and I still haven't secured a deal. Live and learn!

Anyway, it is very nice to meet all of you. I love the movies, info and laughs!

Welcome fellow newbie! Most sorry to hear about the loss of your 1990 CE GT, but it's good to hear that you were not seriously injured as you indicated. Don't be discourged about getting a 500. Remember that you are at a site that could be considered the center of the GT500 universe right now, but even with concentrated Shelby fanatic base here, I don't believe that there are 7,500 to 10,000 of us here to wipe out this year's run, and another 8,000 to 10,000 to wipe out next year's run.

I just can't imagine that there won't be enough 500's to go around. Sure, you may not get one of the first units, but on the other hand your patience might reward you with a significantly lower purchase price than some people may end up paying for the early units. The worst thing about the dealer ADM situtation that could prolong the over M.S.R.P. pricing is the flipping customers who have more money than god, but don't know crap about the car, have no common sense about these matters, (you know, the Paris Hilton types) but end up paying $$$ over M.S.R.P. at our expense because they only know that the car "is hot". But I sincerely believe that the 500 pricing will stabilze quickly and you'll be able to get one of your own too! :bandance:

HEY!!!! IS ANYBODY OUT THERE!?!?!?! I INTRODUCED MYSELF AND ASKED SOME QUESTIONS YESTERDAY AND TO DATE HAVE HAD NO RESPONSES!!!! THOUGHT MAYBE I WAS ON AN ISLAND BY MYSELF. HOW 'BOUT IT?????

The DORA is the document that the Ford order system generates to acknowledge that it has recieved the order from the dealership. If your dealer has placed the order, then they should have a copy of it already. Sorry, I just re-read you note a little more carfully. The document you have is the DORA. I do not know how long it takes for V.I.N.'s to get assigned after the orders are placed. I recommend re-asking that question outside of new member introductions and you will probably get an answser quickly.

Hope that helps.

SOG

Edited by Son of GT

HELLO FOLKS!!! I HAVE BEEN READING ALL OF YOUR FORUMS FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. I HAVE TO SAY THAT YOU ALL HAVE GIVEN ME A WEALTH OF INFORMATION. I HAVE SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS OVER THE LAST YEAR TRYING TO FIND A DEALER THAT WOULD SELL ME A GT500 AT A REASONABLE PRICE. I AM HAPPY TO SAY THAT I FINALLY FOUND ONE!!!! I SIGNED A SALES CONTRACT AND MADE MY DOWN PAYMENT LAST SATURDAY. THE DEALER GAVE ME A COPY OF THE "VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION." I AM ASSUMING THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT THE "DORA" THAT I SEE A LOT OF YOU REFER TO. HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE, AFTER PLACING AN ORDER, FOR THE DEALER TO GET A "DORA"? HOW LONG AFTER THE "DORA" DOES IT TAKE FOR A VIN TO BE ASSIGNED? I AM A PRIORITY 10! I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY RESPONSES TO MY QUESTIONS.

Hello rmustgt. I'm glad to see that you found a dealer that is not gouging you. I think the best person to answer this question would be Five Oh B he works for a dealership :shift: Welcome to StangsUnleashed :rockon:

WELCOME TO ALL , DSWHALEN THAT 1/2 HORSE POWER STANG MUST GET GREAT GAS MILEAGE (LOL) YOU ALL HAVE AWSOME STANGS. HANG IN THERE FUN 5.0 GIRL I SOLD A 2004 COBRA CONVERTABLE WITH 400 MILES ON IT LAST YEAR :banghead: TO ORDER A GT500 I GOT GOUGED BY A DEALER WITH THE PRICE WHERE I HAD AN ORDER PLACED SO I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR UNTIL 2008 TO GET MY GT500 I HAVE NO OTHER STANGS LEFT IN MY GARAGE SO PATIENCE IS VERY HARD AT THIS POINT, GLAD TO HEAR YOU WERE NOT INJURED( STANGS ARE BUILT FORD TOUGH ) SO HANG IN THERE, SOON YOU WILL BE BURNING RUBBER IN YOUR NEW GT500 :party:

Edited by STSVT

New to StangsUnleashed.com, found it on a google search.

My Mustang heritage goes back to my first car, a 1967 blue coupe with a 289/3 speed. Second car was a maroon 1966 convertible, 289 hipo with a 4 speed, pony interior. Damn that was a great car. Sold both in college.

First fell in love with the Shelby's when my friend's father had a red '66 GT-350. That car was everything you'd want and then some.

I've been looking to get back into a classic, but I find it hard to pull the trigger not knowing the lineage of the car and what the seller is hiding, especially now that you can't pick up anything decent for less than 10K. So here I am, thinking that the next best thing is a new Mustang. But should I get a GT, maybe a Roush, or hold out hope that I can find a GT500??? Patience seems to be a virtue now...

Hey everyone -

I've had 4 Mustangs:

1985 Black Hatch GT

1989 Red Vert - LX - 5.0

1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan

2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1

(and soon - the Shelby!)

I teach English at East Carolina University in Greenville NC.

Last car (still for sale) - 2005 Nissan 350Z.

Let's ride. :shift:

New to StangsUnleashed.com, found it on a google search.

My Mustang heritage goes back to my first car, a 1967 blue coupe with a 289/3 speed. Second car was a maroon 1966 convertible, 289 hipo with a 4 speed, pony interior. Damn that was a great car. Sold both in college.

First fell in love with the Shelby's when my friend's father had a red '66 GT-350. That car was everything you'd want and then some.

I've been looking to get back into a classic, but I find it hard to pull the trigger not knowing the lineage of the car and what the seller is hiding, especially now that you can't pick up anything decent for less than 10K. So here I am, thinking that the next best thing is a new Mustang. But should I get a GT, maybe a Roush, or hold out hope that I can find a GT500??? Patience seems to be a virtue now...

You might be able to still get one if your willing to pay over MSRP. If you post that you are in this forum I bet that you hear from someone that is watching this site. You would be lucky to find one for MSRP there are some on Ebay going for 60K+. Anyhow glad to see you on StangsUnleashed check out the videos and photos of all the Shelbys. At least you can pick out a color combination that you like. :shift::party:

Hey everyone -

I've had 4 Mustangs:

1985 Black Hatch GT

1989 Red Vert - LX - 5.0

1991 Grey LX 5.0 Sedan

2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1

(and soon - the Shelby!)

I teach English at East Carolina University in Greenville NC.

Last car (still for sale) - 2005 Nissan 350Z.

Let's ride. :shift:

Welcome :party:

Hi to all from Victoria in Beautiful British Columbia, this is my first post to the forum , To any that work at FlatRock Mic Thank-You for building me a Beautiful 2005 Mustang GT last on vin # 2264 I have not had to date any problems that seem to show up with other owners every where ? so Kudo's for a Job well done and if your ever out this way I'll buy you a drink or meal ! Now I've had my 05 for just over a year and now would like a ShelbyGT 500 but there are only so many to be made and dispersed to dealers and such ! and I just paid off my pony for my birthday, so I've had it in me to try and get one of these since I heard they were coming. ps every well pretty stranger that likes my Mustang I usually let go for a ride and after they drive it they want one Too ! Ed

Hi all.

Ray here from Toronto.

I am in LOVE with the GT500, gotta be Grabber Orange with Tungsten stripes for me. (inset leg humping smilie here)

Getting married this Saturday so no official order on the GT500, YET!!

But man oh man, I don't know how, I don't know when, but I REALLY really want one!

Hello Everyone

Just checking in I'm glad to be here. Searching out an 07 Mustang GT500 to buy and related information. Very fortunate to find this very extreme GT 500 site. Best Regards to All B) Chuck

Hello to all

Just joined tonight. I have watched this site a few times as recommended by some people in my Mustang club.

I don't do a lot of computer stuff but this site looks interesting. I have several classic mustangs and one '66

gt350 now. However the big news is, I did find out Monday what the serial number is on my Vista blue with white strippes gt500. So my dealer tells me it will be one of the first ones. I HOPE!

I hope that this site will help me with all my cars and that I will get tomeet some of you at some point.