TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

• 3 months later...

Hello Everyone!

First time to post here. I have a 2008 GT500 Convertible (Vapor). This is my first Mustang i have ever owned. I must say this is an amazing car. I bought it in September and only had a month with it. It is currently snowing here in Edmonton, Alberta. I tried to post a pic but it wouldn't load. Look forward to reading up on this year and style of car.

Hello fellow members,

First post on this forum. I just upgraded to a Tourch Red with Performance White stripes 07 GT500 from a 98 Mustang V6. I got the GT500 on Nov. 2nd. 2013 From a Ford dealership. So far ive picked up on alot of Info from this forum & hope to continue getting more Info.

Hello fellow members,

First post on this forum. I just upgraded to a Tourch Red with Performance White stripes 07 GT500 from a 98 Mustang V6. I got the GT500 on Nov. 2nd. 2013 From a Ford dealership. So far ive picked up on alot of Info from this forum & hope to continue getting more Info.

07VENOMWT,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your upgrade to a Shelby! Torch Red w/White Stripes is a real classic color combo! Post up some :camera: when you get a chance.

Also, it appears you may be here in California so stay tuned to the Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region for activities and events: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/96-pacific-coast/

07VENOMWT,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your upgrade to a Shelby! Torch Red w/White Stripes is a real classic color combo! Post up some :camera: when you get a chance.

Also, it appears you may be here in California so stay tuned to the Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region for activities and events: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/96-pacific-coast/

20131105_130311_zps3279d918.jpg20131102_155542_zpsd520b13b.jpg

Interior

20131107_154902_zps0b8a66a7.jpg

Yes am in the Norther Cali. North Bay area.

• 3 months later...

Another new guy here... I am going to pick up my new 2009 GT500 tomorrow. I like the style of the 07-09, and I cant afford a new one anyway lol.... Anyway I found a used one with only 13K miles four hours away, so I will be driving...

Another new guy here... I am going to pick up my new 2009 GT500 tomorrow. I like the style of the 07-09, and I cant afford a new one anyway lol.... Anyway I found a used one with only 13K miles four hours away, so I will be driving...

C_F_O

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your decision to pick up an 09 GT500. Enjoy the smiles and miles home and post up some :camera: when you finally come to a stop. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy all!

New to the forum today!

I'm going to be trying to pick up an 07-09 GT500 by late this year.

I was directed here by a forum member on another forum, he said this is this place for all info on the GT500 cars!!!

I currently own a 1992 Calypso Green Notch with a 4.6 mod motor.

I've previously owned a 2000 GT and a 1995 Convertible.

23_hellfox_23,

Welcome to Team Shelby!

Questions about 07-09 GT500's??? You came to the right place: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/16-shelby-gt500-2007-2009/

You'll find lots of help... and opinions here. Good luck in your search and I hope you find the perfect Shelby that's right for YOU!

• 1 month later...

Howdy All!

Obviously I'm new to the forum. I just picked up a Tungsten Gray 2007 GT500 four days ago. The car had 6545 original miles on it, never seen rain, even still smells like it's new off the showroom floor! I called SA and they looked up my VIN and told me it was car number 48 of 8000 for '07 and since it didn't have stripes, it was a rare model because they only made 400 out of the 8000 without stripes! I almost had a cow right there and then. Man, what a find. At least to me anyway.

I've always wanted a Mustang, but after many years in the service and raising a family, never bought one. Well, the opportunity came along and the planets aligned just right, so now I have it. I'm a retired Army Colonel and do nothing but enjoy life for a living. My wonderful wife and I enjoy camping, traveling, just hanging out and spending time together. We live in New Braunfels, Texas, between Austin and San Antonio. I've been scouring the net looking for Shelby Clubs to join and found one in SA, but only the smatterings of a group in Austin. We're looking for a group of like minded folks to make friends and hang out with.

Anyway, hope to hear and meet some of you in the near future.

^

Colonel,

Thank you (and your wife) for your service to our country! :salute:

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your first Mustang Shelby GT500. Tungsten is a great color and the stripe delete units are sleepers that allow you some stealth cover.

Team Shelby is very active in Texas, so stay tuned for activities / events in your region here: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/263-southern-plains/

Several are coming up soon (check out the Legacy Bank event on June 21st). You'll find many active, reserve and retired military members here on TS that are like minded.

Edited by SVT NAJA

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy jcapello,

Glad to hear about your purchase and I'm sure you will enjoy it. I sent you a private message with more details, but feel free to check out the San Antonio Shelby Club http://sanantonioshelbyclub.com , we aren't too far away and have all kinds of activities for you to join in.

Hello Guy's

my name is Daniel, i'm from Germany and i ride a 2008 GT500 Coupe black with white stripes.

My car have some Updates, 20" Vossen Wheels, Trufiber SS Hood, Shelby Hood Pins, SLP Loudmouth. and a Pully Update

I'm interested in Ford since i'm a little boy. I'm a big fan from GT500, Ford GT and Raptor.

If you habe any question feel free to ask me.

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. I've been into Mustangs since I was a kid, and they're all I've ever owned (aside from my DD Durango). I bought my first Mustang when I was 15; a 2004 V6, and I upgraded to a 2007 GT when I was 18. I bought my current 2010 GT500 two days after I got back from Sangin, Afghanistan in September, 2012 and I've been in love ever since. Hopefully after I get out of the Corps this year I'll have more time and funds to do what I want to it.
EDIT- Just realised I posted this in the 07-09. Oh well, still good to be here.

post-41460-0-56903900-1404615412_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarkstarStatus27

• 1 month later...

Picked up my 2009 GT500 2 days ago. it is Performance White with Satin Black stripes. Looked up in the vid decoder and it is 1 of 28 in this paint code for the year. Miles on it are high but it runs awesome. I'm heavily contemplating getting the Super Snake package done next year. I have't been able to take any decent pics. Hopefully this weekend. This is my 2nd mustang. My first is a 69 coupe that is currently undergoing a complete rotisserie resto-mod. Mostly Mustangs to Fear on the inside with a stroked 351 under the hood taking her up to 427CI with around 535hp at the flywheel.

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone!

Just formally introducing myself. I'm Jose and live is Corona, CA (SoCal). I finally bought my first ever Shelby last week. A 2009 GT500, performance white with red stripes. This car is a "Red Stripe" package car. Has the black interior with red accents, along with red accents on the exterior emblems. Absolutely love the car! Looking forward to making some more Shelby friends! Seems to me the Shelby owners are much more laid back than the regular Mustang owners. Anyways, pics below! Tell me what you think!!

IMG_7952.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7948.jpg

IMG_7947.jpg

IMG_7953.jpg

Hello everyone. Probably the newest "lucky guy", in that I located a '08 GT500 with 9000 miles only 15 minutes from my house at a very small private dealership, who was willing to trade for my 1974 Corvette convertible,(454 big block-4 speed). I'm still smiling ear to ear and enjoying that supercharger whine, along with that new car smell and a tight and smooth ride. These cars have tremendous power and acceleration (blow the old Vette in the weeds) and I intend on keeping this one til the end (and leaving it to my son.....so he tells me !!). Glad to see many other GT500 owners enjoying their Shelby ownership!! I have been to the Shelby museum in Las Vegas many times (old and new facility) and recommend that everyone that gets a chance, stop by and see it.....it's FREE no less!! Hope to stop by there again in April, this time as a new (used) Shelby owner !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Just formally introducing myself. I'm Jose and live is Corona, CA (SoCal). I finally bought my first ever Shelby last week. A 2009 GT500, performance white with red stripes. This car is a "Red Stripe" package car. Has the black interior with red accents, along with red accents on the exterior emblems. Absolutely love the car! Looking forward to making some more Shelby friends! Seems to me the Shelby owners are much more laid back than the regular Mustang owners. Anyways, pics below! Tell me what you think!!

Hello everyone. Probably the newest "lucky guy", in that I located a '08 GT500 with 9000 miles only 15 minutes from my house at a very small private dealership, who was willing to trade for my 1974 Corvette convertible,(454 big block-4 speed). I'm still smiling ear to ear and enjoying that supercharger whine, along with that new car smell and a tight and smooth ride. These cars have tremendous power and acceleration (blow the old Vette in the weeds) and I intend on keeping this one til the end (and leaving it to my son.....so he tells me !!). Glad to see many other GT500 owners enjoying their Shelby ownership!! I have been to the Shelby museum in Las Vegas many times (old and new facility) and recommend that everyone that gets a chance, stop by and see it.....it's FREE no less!! Hope to stop by there again in April, this time as a new (used) Shelby owner !!!

avinaj80 and blackcad55,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your GT500's. As you've discovered, they are awesome vehicles!

Stay tuned to your respective Regions (links below) for TS activities and events in your area.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/96-pacific-coast/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/261-northern-plains/

Also, please consider a Team Shelby membership http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/store/

Hi all,

My name is Kirk. I live in VA and own a 2007 Shelby GT500, currently has 29k miles on it. No mods yet although installing a set of rear LCA's this weekend.

post-44527-0-09610300-1422986062_thumb.jpg

thanks all, look forward to all the great posts.

Hi all,

My name is Kirk. I live in VA and own a 2007 Shelby GT500, currently has 29k miles on it. No mods yet although installing a set of rear LCA's this weekend.

attachicon.gifgt500.jpg

thanks all, look forward to all the great posts.

Hey Kirk, welcome! Where in VA? I'm Northern, Burke/Fairfax area. I have a 2007 also. Visit the forum often. Lot of activity and discussions. More pics!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning my name is Chris and I live in Southeast Texas. I've recently picked up an Alloy 08' GT500 and have already gotten bit by the mod bug. here's some pictures; JLT Intake, Borla Stiners, Custom H Pipe, Metco 2.6, Eibach Sportlines, BMR Panhard, BMR UCA+LCA's already installed and 3.73 gears to be installed within the next few weeks!.I've come from the dark side, previously owned 3 GTO's, Big Turbo STI swapped wagon, and C5Z.. Best decision I've ever made joining the family!

Screenshot_2015-02-17-15-01-24-1.png

0205151804-12.jpg

0128152125a.jpg

Edited by c.santiago2525

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone new to the site but not to mustangs. Just purchased a 2007 GT500 Performance White w/blue stripes. I'm in the Mountain region, AZ - the hot box. Enjoying the car and the site

yjzonie,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your 2007 GT500 with the classic color combo! Perfect for that Arizona sun.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

10646768_10202609243303468_2625258663410

I have an 08 Born on 12/18/2007 #57 of 297 Red Appearence Package.It is also #30 of 110 in Performance White.

Car was Dyno tuned at Dyno Jet in Vegas. Put down 629/603 on 91* A Factory Ford GT500 Clutch Upgrade Kit and a
Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter.

The engine mods.... Ford Racing supercharger and cold air intake. VMP 2.5 pulley, Cobra Jet throttle body, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, Shelby "KR" muffler kit and KR H-pipe.

The suspension mods... Shelby Baer extreme brake upgrade front and rear, Ford Racing cooling duct kit, Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack, Ford Racing short throw shifter, Steeda Billet Rear Trailing Arms.

Cooling mods... Shelby Extreme Duty Heat Exchanger, Shelby GT500 Extreme Duty Radiator and the over sized Roush coolant tanks.

Edited by VegasPackerFan