TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Welcome!!! Good looking machine....out here you'd be called a "tech-ie" for the color combo. I can't recall how many red and black verts they made, I'll have to see if I have that file somewhere. Did you receive an SVT certificate with it?

Black and Red are Texas Tech colors.

Thanks, I think there were 131 Black Convertibles with the Red Stripes produced in 2008. All with Black tops. I do not have an SVT Certificate, how can I get one?

2008 Production numbers:

My link

Edited by 08BLACKVERT

Thanks, I think there were 131 Black Convertibles with the Red Stripes produced in 2008. All with Black tops. I do not have an SVT Certificate, how can I get one?

2008 Production numbers:

My link

Here is how you can get one:

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=12454467670111114100831041570120110311&store_id=1&dept_id=-1&product_id=6878

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my name is Jaye. My current ride a track toy supercharged Miata. Came into some money and wanted to get something unique, that had a different character than my Miata (no problem there with Shelby's). So I came here to learn ahead of my purchase...next 6 months or so. Looking at 911's, Cayman's, M3's and Shelby's. One of the reasons I like the Shelby is that I believe a 2008ish car will not depreciate much...and they are brutes. I also remember sitting in one at a dealership in KC when I was about 11. I have vague memories of the car but I believe it was a 69 500KR vert. I remember the flat roll bar. Dad took me on a test drive...I think I held my ears the whole time.

So I will research the forum and occasionally as questions about known problems, best upgrades, etc.

Hi my name is Jaye. My current ride a track toy supercharged Miata. Came into some money and wanted to get something unique, that had a different character than my Miata (no problem there with Shelby's). So I came here to learn ahead of my purchase...next 6 months or so. Looking at 911's, Cayman's, M3's and Shelby's. One of the reasons I like the Shelby is that I believe a 2008ish car will not depreciate much...and they are brutes. I also remember sitting in one at a dealership in KC when I was about 11. I have vague memories of the car but I believe it was a 69 500KR vert. I remember the flat roll bar. Dad took me on a test drive...I think I held my ears the whole time.

So I will research the forum and occasionally as questions about known problems, best upgrades, etc.

Best of luck in your hunt for your GT500. They are out there and can be had for a decent price, try looking for one with low miles.

Welcome to TS!

Cheers,

Moncho

• 4 weeks later...

Just purchased this Thursday, can't wait to drive it 1500 miles on her.

Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the GT500 Super Snake package

- Optional Black Shelby/Kenne Bell supercharger upgrade kit

- 6-speed transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

- Optional 1 piece driveshaft, Borla performance exhaust

- Optional Ford Racing handling package

- Shelby/Super Snake designed 20" Alcoa wheels

- Ford Racing short throw shifter

- Optional (red) Baer 6 piston brakes, Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors

- Front brake cooling ducts

- Optional 1/4 window scoops, 40th grill badge and non shaker 500 mats

- Unique carbon composite hood, Shelby lettering across front edge of hood and rear deck lid

- Super Snake badging, official Shelby CSM dash plate #79

- Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats

Hello, I am a new Shelby owner as of 1:00am yesterday morning. Its an '08 coupe, 12k miles, red w/black stripes, and Nav. Only mod is a custom axle back. Here are some pictures from it in the dealership showroom. I am waiting on the weather to clear up so i can take some recent pictures. It is spotless. The undercarriage is super clean.

photo.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

Also ups came today and brought me a set of these....

2010gt500-blk.jpg

Thanks everyone. So far I drove the car from work to home and it was a blast. I cant wait to see how this car is with a pulley/tune.

Jeremy

Jay here. My wife Pam and I bought an '07 GT500 last Friday. Black with tungsten stripes. 970 miles (now 1400). Completely stock. We're already ordering parts (ie dash plaque, hood struts, etc). I'm contemplating a pulley/CAI/tune combo. These cars are fantastic. Love the upscale feel and the power of course. I've been a Mustang fan since childhood and had a '69 Mach 1 in high school. In 1976, an acquaintance who belonged to the Kansas City Shelby Club gave me a ride in his '68 GT500 KR and I've wanted one ever since. Thrilled to finally get one. I also have an '87 supercharged 5.0 coupe that I may sell (havent really decided yet). Merry Christmas everyone.

Hello, I am a new Shelby owner as of 1:00am yesterday morning. Its an '08 coupe, 12k miles, red w/black stripes, and Nav. Only mod is a custom axle back. Here are some pictures from it in the dealership showroom. I am waiting on the weather to clear up so i can take some recent pictures. It is spotless. The undercarriage is super clean.

photo.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

Also ups came today and brought me a set of these....

2010gt500-blk.jpg

Thanks everyone. So far I drove the car from work to home and it was a blast. I cant wait to see how this car is with a pulley/tune.

Jeremy

Jay here. My wife Pam and I bought an '07 GT500 last Friday. Black with tungsten stripes. 970 miles (now 1400). Completely stock. We're already ordering parts (ie dash plaque, hood struts, etc). I'm contemplating a pulley/CAI/tune combo. These cars are fantastic. Love the upscale feel and the power of course. I've been a Mustang fan since childhood and had a '69 Mach 1 in high school. In 1976, an acquaintance who belonged to the Kansas City Shelby Club gave me a ride in his '68 GT500 KR and I've wanted one ever since. Thrilled to finally get one. I also have an '87 supercharged 5.0 coupe that I may sell (havent really decided yet). Merry Christmas everyone.

Welcome fellas, you've come to the BEST place for all new gen Shelby knowledge and camaraderie.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays.

Check your prospective regions for events when the weather clears in the spring, and of course, perhaps you can join us for the Shelby Bash in March at Las Vegas!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I just bought a 2009 GT500. White/blue. 2,875 miles. It came with a cat back Bassani exhaust but otherwise is stock. I am thinking of a K&N or Airaid filter and a re-map to put things in harmony. Can anyone tell me why the rear suspension sits so high? Also, how do I find the stats I see others use to describe their cars? You know, 1 of XXX made in a certain year.

I would like to attend some of the activities this spring in Pomona celebrating the 50th. Lots of great times then, the old brick building in Culver City.And the raw horsepower. Pretty tame now, no fenders rattling off.

I also own a 2011 F-150 4X4 Lariat, '74 bronco, Harley, etc.,etc.

I'm glad to be here, looking forward to learning a lot and enjoying my new toy.

Good morning,

my bucket List is almost complete

my Shelby being unload 12/19/2011

shelbyarrives.jpg

yes I was just about besides myself since I purchased the car long distance and only had photo's to look at

thefirstIhearherroar.jpg

but with 13,150 miles on her she was pretty much in mint condition

looks like I need to think about rear tires soon

which is another post becuase the F1 has two models and one is $200 more than the other?

had the windows tinted and have ordered Matte Black stripe kit for it and that will be done next week

homeatlasthomeatlast.jpg

then comes a Axle back exhaust system

07shelbyback.jpg

the new Cal Cover and Shelby floor mats should be here this week!

Now to find a place in my Ford barn,

she looks pretty good next to my 66 F100 show truck on one side and my new F150 Platinum on the other

Boy is pissed because he just has a SVT Focus! just!

From Friendswood Texas

Mike

this makes my 18th Ford in 15 years..... I'm done!

Just purcased our 2012 in December. All black no stripes but will put some side striping on as it looks a little plain and a little chrome-gas cap cover and door handles. So far only about 1000 miles driven but when warmer weather comes then we will be headed down the road! I enjoy reading the posts on the forum. Very few Shelbys around here and the information is really good that others post. Wish we could go to the Vegas Bash but that won't work this year. For those that are going-have a great time!

Hello, Steven in Katy, Texas. Purchased my Black/Tungsten 07 in April with 7K miles.....now it has 15K and the mods are beginning. Thanks to all the posters for the great info and links on this site, nothing like experienced feedback!

Hello, My name is Paul. I bought my 2007 GT500 back in January of 2010. Found it at a dealership in Myrtle Beach with 1007 miles on it and had to have it. It is Torch Red with white stripes. I drove it across country to AZ where we live now. So far it has a metco 2.6" pulley, JLT intake, Roush extreme off road exhaust system, MGW shifter, J&M lower control arms, and staggered 18x9/18x10 chrome 10th anniversary SVT wheels wrapped with Nitto 555 255/45/18s and Mickey Thompson ET's 305/45/18 on the back. Just ordered a red stripe appearance emblem conversion kit for it with extra "Shelby" letters for the hood. Can't wait to get them on the car and to center the letters on the trunk. My wife and I are huge mustang fans as we own three. We got her a '65 coupe, and also have an 89 LX convertible. I look forward to talking with some of you and maybe meeting at an event or two. Cheers!

HUTCH

• 4 weeks later...

hello, my name is Steve. i bought my GT500 last year. an 07 with less than 900 miles on her. previous owner barely drove her but did manage to remove the stock stripes. ill be putting some back on but a little different...

since then, already had 3 sets of custom wheels on her :bandance: with about 20 sets more to go! lol.

been on svtp for years. been a member here but rarely posted till now since ive become an authorized vendor here on TS.

first set of wheels in 20"

IMG_5521Large.jpg

second set in 19"

IMG_3307.jpg

third set in 20"

IMG_0053.jpg

only exterior mod ive done besides billet antenna are my True Forged billet hood vents

IMG_0091.jpg

supsension so far is tokico Dspecs, eibach pro kit, MM panhard bar.

motor is stock for now. going to get a pulley and tune eventually.

So, finally a Shelby owner.. Been a long time coming.

Erik from Kempner TX, currently hanging my hat in Afghanistan.

First car I drove (legally) was my mother’s 1966 289 Coupe in Silver Blue

First car I owned that same year.1969 Fastback, in Hunter Green.

Bought a 1st edition, first car on the lot 2005 S197 GT in Windveil blue, same basic color of my late mothers ’66, This S197 was built on the same day/ month as my wife’s B-day, Had to have it, paid cash, that afternoon.

And 7 years 109,000 miles later, we added a 2007 GT500, 12,000 mile, showroom condition Shelby in White with blue stripes. Perfectly stock (for now)

This will be a new daily driver, wife will park her F350 CC, LB, 4x4 truck, and we will draw straws on who drives which car to work each day.

So raised as a Mustang family, still a mustang family, and now, a long sought after GT500 comes to stay in our stabile.

My wife picks up the car tonight, and I get to dream about it for another 2 months and I get home…

Bought a 1st edition, first car on the lot 2005 S197 GT in Windveil blue, same basic color of my late mothers ’66, This S197 was built on the same day/ month as my wife’s B-day, Had to have it, paid cash, that afternoon.

And 7 years 109,000 miles later, we added a 2007 GT500, 12,000 mile, showroom condition Shelby in White with blue stripes. Perfectly stock (for now)

This will be a new daily driver, wife will park her F350 CC, LB, 4x4 truck, and we will draw straws on who drives which car to work each day.

So raised as a Mustang family, still a mustang family, and now, a long sought after GT500 comes to stay in our stabile.

My wife picks up the car tonight, and I get to dream about it for another 2 months and I get home…

Welcome to TS!

Very cool picking up a GT500 for your daily driver. Post some pics your new ride. Be safe!

Welcome Erik and congrats on getting your Shelby...........................Be safe over there, you've got lots more to come home too.

Hi,

After listening to me for many years saying I wanted a Shelby my wife said "If you want one go buy one." So in Aug. 2011 I

got my Shelby. It is a 2007 GT500 with 5,000 miles, white with blue stripes. It has Steeda springs,Steeda pulley and Steeda

cold air kit (all original parts were in the trunk). Just waiting for my dash plaque and air bag cover to be returned from the

Shelby Foundation with Mr. Shelby's autograph. Looking forward to spring and Carlisle.

Chuck

Welcome Chuck, pictures required...LOL. Carlisle was a lot of fun last year. Looking forward to it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO

My name is Robert, just recently over this past weekend bought a 09 GT500 convertible no stripes. It has 16,000 miles i luv this car traded in my 02 supercharged gt for it.It is bone stock not sure on mods yet but after roaming around more ill get some ideas.

Robert

HELLO

My name is Robert, just recently over this past weekend bought a 09 GT500 convertible no stripes. It has 16,000 miles i luv this car traded in my 02 supercharged gt for it.It is bone stock not sure on mods yet but after roaming around more ill get some ideas.

Robert

Robert,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new GT500 vert. Post up some :camera: when you get a chance and stay tuned for events in your region here: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/263-southern-plains/

• 1 month later...

Forgot to introduce myself since joining. Took delivery of an 09' White convertible stock with a dealer installed tune and FRPP air box with 1800 miles on the clock this past November. Since then I installed Alex's MMS/MAC mufflers, Amsoil air filter, Shelby shift knob and ordered the small pulley and tuner from VMP (installing soon). Getting the blue stripes installed this week and purchased them from John aka Mr.Farmdog.

Great forum, great group of people here sharing a ton of information!!

Posted in another thread earlier today regarding Mr. Shelby's health - Speedy recovery to getting back in the saddle !!