TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Hello To Everyone,

My first post to this forum might be a little depressing to you, but I have to let you know why I'm here. During my son's leave from the Army in February of this year, he finally bought his dream car, a 2009 Shelby GT 500. Since he came by plane, I drove him 2 hours away to get this car; it was the only one in FL, and he had just returned from Iraq with enough money to buy it. He wanted me to drive it, but to be honest, I was intimidated by the price of the car, and never did. His first car was a 2003 Mustang GT, which I drove from here to CA for him, loving every minute.

On July 19, 2010, my son was shot to death. I have inherited his beautiful dream car, and need to learn all about it so I can take care of it for him. Sometime around April, his clutch went out. I currently have it at a local Ford dealer, where they are repairing it . Derek bought about $1,000.00 worth of parts to install in his car around July 4th of this year. I have most of the parts he bought, and was hoping that if I post a picture of them, someone here could help me out by telling me what they are, and how to install them.

Sorry to be a downer here, from here on out, I only want to learn all I can about his car from all of you, and how to maintain it, in memory of my son.

I'll include a few pictures of the car in this post. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks Everyone.

derekCobra-1.jpg

Hey! I'm from LI, NY too! I have a 2009 Shelby; I'm trying to learn all about the car, as I've inherited it from my son.

Just signed up. I'm from Long Island NY. Been a mustang enthusiast since long before I could drive, I use to hang torn out photos from the mags on the wall from the time I was about 10(1980 btw). Bought my first mustang in '88 around HS graduation Black GT, currently running a '97 Cobra Vert that I love and baby, bought it new in '97 got about 20k miles. That baby is going up for sale as I have put down a downpayment(last week) on the Shelby GT500, prelim order white coupe w/blue stripes, black/black int. I sure hope this sucker comes in before Aug/Sep, I'm awfully pumped about this ride.

N---

Hello To Everyone,

My first post to this forum might be a little depressing to you, but I have to let you know why I'm here. During my son's leave from the Army in February of this year, he finally bought his dream car, a 2009 Shelby GT 500. Since he came by plane, I drove him 2 hours away to get this car; it was the only one in FL, and he had just returned from Iraq with enough money to buy it. He wanted me to drive it, but to be honest, I was intimidated by the price of the car, and never did. His first car was a 2003 Mustang GT, which I drove from here to CA for him, loving every minute.

On July 19, 2010, my son was shot to death. I have inherited his beautiful dream car, and need to learn all about it so I can take care of it for him. Sometime around April, his clutch went out. I currently have it at a local Ford dealer, where they are repairing it . Derek bought about $1,000.00 worth of parts to install in his car around July 4th of this year. I have most of the parts he bought, and was hoping that if I post a picture of them, someone here could help me out by telling me what they are, and how to install them.

Sorry to be a downer here, from here on out, I only want to learn all I can about his car from all of you, and how to maintain it, in memory of my son.

I'll include a few pictures of the car in this post. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks Everyone.

derekCobra-1.jpg

I am very sorry for your loss. Derek's service is very much appreciated! I have an 08 GT500 same color as yours. Post your parts picks, I will do my best to help. Your in the best place for Shelby advice! Lets get you up and running in that beautiful car!

• 1 month later...

Very sorry for your lose. Post a pix or two of the parts and I will tell you what they are for and if this is something you can do yourself.

Blayne

Sorry I haven't gotten back to your reply; I will take pictures of the parts and post them for you. I really appreciate any and all help. I just had Ford fix the clutch in my son's car. It went out shortly after he bought it. He had it in storage, so the Army had it flat bedded to my home. When the clutch went out on him, he told me he wasn't sure if it was going bad when he bought it, or if it was the result of his changing to pulley to add more power. He was thinking he needed a heavier duty clutch, but since it was fixed, I've driven it around a bit, and didn't notice any problems. They did replace the stock clutch though.

Hey! I'm from LI, NY too! I have a 2009 Shelby; I'm trying to learn all about the car, as I've inherited it from my son.

Sorry about your loss.

Where on L.I. are you? I can possibly come to your house with another Shelby owner and get those parts installed for you. Let me know.

- Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the all new members. You'll find lots of great info about our Shelby's and some pretty cool people as well.

DereksMom.....I'm real sorry to hear about the loss of your son Derek. His brave service to our country will always be appreciated and the memory of all those lost will be close to our hearts.

• 1 month later...

Hi , to all Shelby owners . Just purchased a 2008 gt 500 with 2300 miles . My first hotrod. Black with alloy stripes, ( dark gray met) black and red int. no mods yet !! have only driven it home from dealer , and a quick

20 min drive . about three more weeks and the roads here in Alaska and i can start driving it. !!!!!!! I have already registered it with shelby .

Picked up a 2007 Shelby GT500, Vista Blue with Tungston gray strips with 11k miles. Has a KN CAI, SLP cat back, looks like a pulley and tune (according to when I regerstered it on here). I plan on changing the CAI, pulley and tune. Car runs good.

Darrell

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to TheGT500Source.com forums!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Just signed up to allow for a discount on parts. So many pieces to really make my 09 convertible (black w/red stripes) unique, but some are hard to justify with cost. Since buying the car new, I've spend an additional $10k on wheels, light bar and performance mods and now with getting it out of storage (live in the great white north) I'm about to throw another three grand into it. It's addicting and I can't make it fast enough and or great looking enough to stay satisfied. It's quite a car and a pleasure to own. I've owned many high performance cars over the years, from Boss Mustangs and Cougars to Cyclones and Fairlanes and this Shelby is as much fun or more to drive than any of them. I'm planning on going to Virginia over the Memorial day weekend and hope to meet fellow owners there. Great to be part of team Shelby!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just joined the other day. My new 2008 GT500 (less than 650 miles) is like a second dog that followed me home. The first is the ERA Cobra. These cars are really different; old and new school! I am looking forward to learning and adding a few comments along the way.

Cobra 29, central Florida

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new member and just purchased my first Shelby. She is a beautiful 2008 GT500 with 5000 miles. Charcoal with silver stripes, black and red interior, Shaker 1000. I have dreamed of this car for a while and finally made it reality. Proud to be part of this family and look forward to learning all I can from this group.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just traded an '06 GT for my newest addition, an '08 GT500. Blue with dealer painted white stripes.

Am looking to put gears a 65mm throttle body and tune on it.

Chris

:happy feet:

Welcome to Team Shelby.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Im Randy and my wife Debbie and I purchased a 08 GT500 with 7k miles last week. I put a intro on the first Forums page and did not see this one first. Im not on the computor much so it will take me awhile to get used to all the forum selections. We enjoy driving the Shelby and Were excited to own a car built by Shelby. We cant wait to meet some of you at future events.

Hi Im Randy and my wife Debbie and I purchased a 08 GT500 with 7k miles last week. I put a intro on the first Forums page and did not see this one first. Im not on the computor much so it will take me awhile to get used to all the forum selections. We enjoy driving the Shelby and Were excited to own a car built by Shelby. We cant wait to meet some of you at future events.

Welcome, they are a blast to drive!

Welcome, they are a blast to drive!

Welcome to Team Shelby, you will find a tremendous amount of information about your Shelby here, even more than most dealerships, so always look around here or ask a question.

As far as the GT500, it will make you a much better husband. All your wife will have to do is mention, gee honey, we are getting low on milk and bread, remind me to get some next time we are at the store....and you'll be going, don't fret over going to the store honey, I'll run and get some.

for me, 1st store is about 6 blocks...nah, not good enough, so the next is about 4 miles and about 6 miles back if I go up and get on a loop. :-) My wife just grins if she needs something from the store now...and I've had mine since '06 LOL.

Good to meet you.

-sam

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Mac,

my car is an:

08 GT500 Red w/White stripes VMP 2.59 pulley 114mm Steeda CAI FR 63.5 CJ TB SVT1's J&M LCA's SWARR bar SCT X3 Tuning 533 rwhp 513tq 14# boost (Dyno'd & Tuned on 10-07-011)

I look forward to getting some advice from everyone here.

I'm a long time Pony fan, 1st car was a 65 coupe 289 AT.

Thanks for letting me share....

Big Mac

Edited by ultramac2003

Welcome Big Mac.

There's a ton of great info on here from some really great guys and a couple of us old soarheads.

Sounds like you have gotten you a great car. Look forward to hearing from you.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum!

You'll find some good information here and great folks that are extremely helpful.

Post a pic or 2 so we can see what she looks like, seems like a new car with such low mileage. Got mine ('07 GT500) with 950 miles, still smells brand new.

Cheers,

Moncho

Hello, new to the sight. I own a 2008 GT500 Vert Black with red stripes. Currently 1923 miles.

Welcome!!! Good looking machine....out here you'd be called a "tech-ie" for the color combo. I can't recall how many red and black verts they made, I'll have to see if I have that file somewhere. Did you receive an SVT certificate with it?

Black and Red are Texas Tech colors.

Edited by TexasShelby