TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

New member to the site (obviously :baby: ). I found the site searching for GT500 issues. Just bought an all black (int and ext) 08 Shelby GT500 with 11,000 miles on it. I was fortunate to pick it up locally. I have had two Mustangs before, a 96 Cobra and a 94 GT -- the Shelby certainly puts the other two cars in their place. Flowmaster mufflers were put on it yesterday. I purchased an AFCO heat exchanger, CAI, pulley, and tuner last week. I also bought Cervini side skirts as well. Blackouts for the rear lights are on the way. More than likely, I will remove the side stripes, or at least have some dark gray stripes put on the sides only. Future plans include wheels and headers. Long term plan (next year) is the blower. I bought a 5 year extended warranty, so the blower may stay on hold....

My wife and I live in Indiana. I love diesel trucks and offroading. We have two beautiful children and two dogs. I am a member of several other forums - search my username for the build of both trucks in the picture below -- the silver truck was built to tow the black one. Looking forward to learning all the ins and outs of the GT500's and meeting new people.

Picking it up at the dealer.

10-JUL-2010071.jpg

At her new home.

10-JUL-2010073.jpg

10-JUL-2010075.jpg

10-JUL-2010072.jpg

Some new parts.

july2010007.jpg

Edited by Superhawk2002

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the websit but I have had my Shelby GT500 for over a year. I had to trade my 93 GT fox body to be able to aford my dream. I have always been a Ford Fan and I bleed blue. My first car was a 1973 ford Mavrick and it was ugly but mine. It was dark green outside and bright green inside. My Shelby is a 2007 Alloy in color with only 3000 miles so far. I don't drive it much but to car shows.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the websit but I have had my Shelby GT500 for over a year. I had to trade my 93 GT fox body to be able to aford my dream. I have always been a Ford Fan and I bleed blue. My first car was a 1973 ford Mavrick and it was ugly but mine. It was dark green outside and bright green inside. My Shelby is a 2007 Alloy in color with only 3000 miles so far. I don't drive it much but to car shows.

Hello Alloy and welcome!!!!

My older bros first car was a 72 maverick, then he traded for the 73 grabber with the 302 and about a year later he dropped a Boss 302 in it with a dana rearend and some other goodies, it was a really fun car to cruise in, no suspected they would get eaten by a maverick. On the other hand, my 55 was known all too well and didn't see much action cruising the drag.

Edited by TexasShelby

• 3 weeks later...

I guess i'll introduce myself. I am good friends with Zporta and will soon become a regular here at team shelby. I had a 2007 GT which I sold last summer and bought an 04 Cobra. Well I just sold the 04 Cobra and now i'm in the market for a 07-09 GT500 and plan on making the purchase sometime this winter, within the next 4 months. I'll be lurking around here trying to learn what I can and get some ideas. Look forward to getting to know you all. I spend alot of time on the differant forums and probably have about 10k + posts between 2 or 3 other mustang forums. Anyway, glad to be here and hopefully I'll be rocking a GT500 soon

Greeting to you all from the great state of Colorado. I recently purchased an '07 GT500 which has been on my "bucket list" for many years! I love the car and look forward to years of enjoyment. I joined Team Shelby about a month ago and already have learned a few things by reading the forums. My wife and I also enjoy riding Harley Davidson motorcycles in the mountains and have to tell you that it's becoming a "burden" trying to decide whether we ride the bikes or drive the Shelby!

Onward and upward to you all!

I am a new GT500 owner! Just picked up a 2009 Performance White with Blue Stripes with 924 miles. Came with the Ford Racing Exhaust no other upgrades YET!

Welcome aboard and good luck with the car. If you haven't done so already, register your car with Shelby HERE

Edited by FiaCobra

I am a new GT500 owner! Just picked up a 2009 Performance White with Blue Stripes with 924 miles. Came with the Ford Racing Exhaust no other upgrades YET!

OATHKPR,

Congratulations on your new Shelby and welcome to TS! Do you have a picture to share with us of that classic color combo?

Greetings all! I too am a new Shelby owner. My first car (only owned trucks and SUV;s) and first Mustang is a Black 2008 Shelby GT500 with Black stripes. It is completely stock, at least for another week or so! I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to change pixel size.

Hey OATHKPR, I found the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to TS and congrats OATHKPR, eljaybee and Tinman. These cars are loads of fun.. Just beware of the mod bug. Once you start, you can't stop.

Thanks MY500SS! Too late though, I've already been bitten by the "Mod Bug"! (sequential tail lights, Tasca Stage 3 Kit - throttle body, cold air intake, pulley etc, and KR axle back: so far) Guess I should have gotten a Mod Bug vaccine. O-well!

Nice rides BTW!

i am a new owner in Philadelphia. 2007 Grabber Orange and loving it!

Welcome, good to see another "Local" I'm in West Chester 2007 Performance White. A couple of shows are still in the area before the snow hits, let me know if you want to attend any...

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am from the great state of Iowa. I am probably a little older than most of the members, but i think the Mustang GT500 has brought out the kid in me again. I ordered mine on March 17th. A small dealer that is only getting one for getting certified. I am trading my Bullitt #1879 in for the new Mustang. I look forward to the journey ahead for all of us who are waiting. Just remember, all good things are worth waiting for. Thanks.

I am from Dubuque, Iowa. I purchased a 2008 Shelby GT500 used from it's first owner. I bought it October 1, 2010 - it had 498 miles on the odometer. I see according to the first owners purchase agreement - he paid $10,000 over window sticker. So, I feel I made a great deal buying it from him. The car is Ebony with over the top Gray stripes, interior is Black with Red inserts. I really love this car, when I figure out how to post pictures on here - I'll post some.

Welcome Agent and JRiley.

It's great to another performance white owner here. There is a wealth of knowledge here as you will see, and a few old soarheads. :-)

Yeah JIM, a lot of people paid the huge ADMs. Quite a shame actually, but glad the prices have come down some. I got my 07 back in 06, and just by luck, I got a great dealership that honored the deal we made back in 05 when I put my deposit down.

Agent, did you register with Shelby for your certificate? You can also call Ford and they will send you a Certificate and numbers sheet on your car's production as well.