TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Hi Guy and Gals. I am not new here, just haven't really looked at this site in quite sometime. I am gonna be in the market for a GT500 in the next year or so. so hopefully I have something to show lol.

I have a few questions though. Is it possible to take a Gt500 and have it converted into a KR or just a super snake?

Also Do you guy's think that the Gt500's will come down in value over the next couple of years? or do you think they made enough of them for it not to be a limited production vehicle?

New to the gt500... I will post pics once I pick it up... Had to have it shipped from alabama to South Carolina, it is a new to me 2008 Red with stripe delete on the top stripes still has side stripes and only 6000 miles. :banghead: That is me waiting for it to get here!!!!!!

Hi Guy and Gals. I am not new here, just haven't really looked at this site in quite sometime. I am gonna be in the market for a GT500 in the next year or so. so hopefully I have something to show lol.

I have a few questions though. Is it possible to take a Gt500 and have it converted into a KR or just a super snake?

Also Do you guy's think that the Gt500's will come down in value over the next couple of years? or do you think they made enough of them for it not to be a limited production vehicle?

Welcome to the site. Now, to answer your questions. No, you can't take a GT-500 and have it converted into a KR. That was a separate limited run. As for a super snake, yes you can have a GT-500 converted. You'll need to contact Shelby and see what allotments they have left. I believe they set aside 1000 slots apiece for the 07 and 08 models. 500 were given to the 09 models and only 250 to the 2010 model.

The 07-09 GT-500's will come down in value, just like any other car ever made. It may take several decades for them to rise in value.

I think the total production of GT-500's for 07-09 were somewhere around 22k units.

Welcome to the site. Now, to answer your questions. No, you can't take a GT-500 and have it converted into a KR. That was a separate limited run. As for a super snake, yes you can have a GT-500 converted. You'll need to contact Shelby and see what allotments they have left. I believe they set aside 1000 slots apiece for the 07 and 08 models. 500 were given to the 09 models and only 250 to the 2010 model.

The 07-09 GT-500's will come down in value, just like any other car ever made. It may take several decades for them to rise in value.

I think the total production of GT-500's for 07-09 were somewhere around 22k units.

Thank you for your response!

• 2 weeks later...

My first post.Well as of 30 Jan I now own 2009 GT500KR #0069 of 712 Blue and Silver,still kinda in shock shes mine.Love the beast.Looking forward to seeing other GT500 owners.Saw one in San Diego the first day driving pulled up beside waived got no love. :headscratch:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I picked up my new 09 GT500 tonight. It was an 09 left over with 90 miles on it. Vapor metallic with black stripes and crimson red interior. Thanks to the wealth of info on this board I was able to make an informed decision on what was a fair price to pay. I have wanted a Shelby since I was beat by a 1969 GT500 back when I was running a 396 Chevelle SS in high school. In the numerous ensuing years I have owned two mustangs a 1983 GT and a 1990 Seven-up edition Convertible. I am thrilled to finally get the Shelby I have always wanted.

Hello everyone, I picked up my new 09 GT500 tonight. It was an 09 left over with 90 miles on it. Vapor metallic with black stripes and crimson red interior. Thanks to the wealth of info on this board I was able to make an informed decision on what was a fair price to pay. I have wanted a Shelby since I was beat by a 1969 GT500 back when I was running a 396 Chevelle SS in high school. In the numerous ensuing years I have owned two mustangs a 1983 GT and a 1990 Seven-up edition Convertible. I am thrilled to finally get the Shelby I have always wanted.

Welcome aboard and congrats! You'll love the car! Go Gators..........class of '92! There's a few of us on here.

Hi,

Although I’ve made a couple of posts, thought I would “officially” say hello to everyone as a new member.

After wanting a Shelby Mustang since the mid 60's, I was finally able to get a 2007 GT500 last November from a local SC Ford dealership. The one-owner, 4,000 mile, white/blue stripe car sat in the used car showroom for about 6 months. The original owner had paid $63,000+ for the car new (ouch!), kept it in a garage for three years and obviously didn’t drive it very often. The sales people at the dealership were great and we were able to negotiate a price of $36,300 for the car. Since the original warranty has expired about 30 days before I bought the car, I also purchased the Ford Premium Care Extended Service warranty (3 year/36,000 miles) which gives me the same coverage as the new car warranty. With the dreaded flywheel/clutch/trans TSB issue always pending, it’s better to have some insurance although I realize the clutch will not be covered. Fortunately, the car hasn’t shown any of the symptoms of clutch issues.

The car was in excellent condition and required only some minor detailing in the engine compartment to get it in “perfect” shape. I plan to keep the car as original as possible and any modifications will be those that are easily converted back to stock. So far I have only added Shelby GT500 floor and trunk mats and installed Ford Racing KR mufflers. Considering a Ford Racing SVT shifter (if the dealer will guarantee no impact on warranty) and have a Shelby white shift knob on order. Also, sent in my Team Shelby application last week so waiting on my membership package.

Thanks

Hello everyone, I picked up my new 09 GT500 tonight. I am thrilled to finally get the Shelby I have always wanted.

Hi,

Although I’ve made a couple of posts, thought I would “officially” say hello to everyone as a new member.

Also, sent in my Team Shelby application last week so waiting on my membership package.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Team Shelby! This is a great web site with wonderful people and tons of info! You both have great cars! :happy feet: :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

My car was traded in with only 2518 miles on it, I saw it parked out front and went out to look at it, when I looked through the glass I saw a familiar face and asked "What are you waiting for" I've always wanted a Shelby and here was one traded in with upgrades and in mint condition. That was nearly a year ago and my wife is almost talking to me now! As soon as she starts up I'll look for another one :) Fun part is having a college son drooling over it and I won't let him drive it. Son, paybacks are hell. :)

IMG_9834 cobra side resized.JPG

IMG_9834 cobra side resized.JPG

My car was traded in with only 2518 miles on it, I saw it parked out front and went out to look at it, when I looked through the glass I saw a familiar face and asked "What are you waiting for" I've always wanted a Shelby and here was one traded in with upgrades and in mint condition. That was nearly a year ago and my wife is almost talking to me now! As soon as she starts up I'll look for another one :) Fun part is having a college son drooling over it and I won't let him drive it. Son, paybacks are hell. :)

Welcome to Team Shelby! This is a great site with great people. I have a daughter who's a senior in high school and she can't drive mine either lol... :hysterical:

• 2 months later...

My wife found mine at the dealership while her's was having a state inspection. I have been wanting one for fourty years and she found the one. It is a 2009 GT500 Torch Red with White stripes and less than 8000 miles and lin mint condition. I took it for a test drive and fell in love again. Since we only have a one car garage and her Tbird has it I must build a garage for all my toys. She says I need new mufflers so she can hear me coming. I have installed the FRPP CAI with a tune and ordered the dash plaque & sill plates. So far the wife has not said no. I am so LUCKY. Now I want a road trip to Las Vegas & the wife says OK. It's great to get all the looks and comments at the stop lights. Oh she only made me make one promise- this was my last car. I told her this was my last car and yes I drive it every day.

• 2 weeks later...

New Shelby GT 500 owner here. Just purchased a Vista Blue 2008 with just 1400 miles.

I am perusing the forums, and looking forward to learning a lot more this fantastic car.

Located in the Heartland.

Welcome to the forums, make sure you join Team Shelby and get your car registered here. http://registry.teamshelby.com/

POST SOME PICTURES.

Hi All!

Just traded my 03 Z06 for a leftover 08 white GT500 vert with 140 miles on it last Friday. Never thought I'd see this dream realized! I loved the Z and have nothing bad to say about it..it just wasn't a Shelby. My first car was a 1976 black/gold Cobra II w 302/auto...I know.... YUCK!!!! right? Back then I loved it...and let's face it...there wasn't much good rolling off the automotive assembly line in the mid-70's.

In the 33 years since I've had a drivers license and 30 since I last saw that car and went off to join the Air Force, I've owned 4 more cars with snakes on the fenders...a 93 teal Cobra, two 97 Pacific green Cobras and now my 08. Almost feels like I'm "home again"...

I'm very excited about the car and while I don't plan to go hog-wild with mods (I know...a LOT of us don't plan on it...we just catch that illness), I do want to do some tasteful mods (light bar, sequential tail lights, hood prop struts...and then maybe a bit later I'll probably do a shifter, exhaust, CAI, maybe some nicer wheels, etc. I'm a retired Air Force Master Sergeant, so I'm FAR from wealthy. I've just always been a Mustang (especially the venomous varieties) NUT!

Lookin' forward to gettin' to know y'all and learning more about my new toy!

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Edited by scottq60

Hi All!

Just traded my 03 Z06 for a leftover 08 white GT500 vert with 140 miles on it last Friday. Never thought I'd see this dream realized! I loved the Z and have nothing bad to say about it..it just wasn't a Shelby. My first car was a 1976 black/gold Cobra II w 302/auto...I know.... YUCK!!!! right? Back then I loved it...and let's face it...there wasn't much good rolling off the automotive assembly line in the mid-70's.

In the 33 years since I've had a drivers license and 30 since I last saw that car and went off to join the Air Force, I've owned 4 more cars with snakes on the fenders...a 93 teal Cobra, two 97 Pacific green Cobras and now my 08. Almost feels like I'm "home again"...

I'm very excited about the car and while I don't plan to go hog-wild with mods (I know...a LOT of us don't plan on it...we just catch that illness), I do want to do some tasteful mods (light bar, sequential tail lights, hood prop struts...and then maybe a bit later I'll probably do a shifter, exhaust, CAI, maybe some nicer wheels, etc. I'm a retired Air Force Master Sergeant, so I'm FAR from wealthy. I've just always been a Mustang (especially the venomous varieties) NUT!

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Nice Shelby! Welcome & congratulations!

Hi All!

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Very Nice and Welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2009 GT500, I live in West Texas and look forward to being appart of this forum.

WesTxGT500,

Congratulations and welcome to Team Shelby. You found the right place. But as others here will tell you, we need to see pictures of your new Shelby!

Here is a tutorial on how to do that: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9559-how-to-host-your-photos-with-photobucket/

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2009 GT500, I live in West Texas and look forward to being appart of this forum.

Hey WestTx, welcome aboard. It's a great place to hang out, and since you are from west Texas, I've adopted (stolen) a line from Stanton, great bunch of guys here and a few of us old sore heads. How far west do you live?

Disclaimer:

That shot of the certificate is a joke, it's not real, I photoshopped it and thought I left enough to the eye that you could tell. I'm sorry for any confusion it has caused. I received pm asking why mine was different from theirs. It's just an old joke on here about which color is fastest.