TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Hello all, I'm stidog, I hail from TN, and just yesterday purchased an 08 Vapor Metallic GT500. She is my 10th Mustang, and 2nd Shelby. Though the first shelby was a dodge ;) The Mustangs in year order were 64 1/2, 65, 66, 69 Mach I, 69 Grande, 74 Mustang II (came with the exwife), 89 coupe, 92 vert, and an 05 vert.

I'm a member of MidSouth Mustang Club, and the MCA. I'm also a S197 judge for the MCA. I'm in the same local club as the infamous Farmdog. I believe I met a few of you last spring at the Bristol race also, when we drove the drivers around.

To get this lovely peice of detroit iron, I was forced to give up my 05 Legend Lime, V6 convertible. After leaving the V6 for the GT500, its a bit of getting used to. I do already miss the little six, but I think Sylvia will fill the void adequately ;)

Thanks for having me and I look forward to seeing you guys around.

Welcome Stidog! :happy feet:

Hello all, I'm stidog, I hail from TN, and just yesterday purchased an 08 Vapor Metallic GT500. She is my 10th Mustang, and 2nd Shelby. Though the first shelby was a dodge ;) The Mustangs in year order were 64 1/2, 65, 66, 69 Mach I, 69 Grande, 74 Mustang II (came with the exwife), 89 coupe, 92 vert, and an 05 vert.

I'm a member of MidSouth Mustang Club, and the MCA. I'm also a S197 judge for the MCA. I'm in the same local club as the infamous Farmdog. I believe I met a few of you last spring at the Bristol race also, when we drove the drivers around.

To get this lovely peice of detroit iron, I was forced to give up my 05 Legend Lime, V6 convertible. After leaving the V6 for the GT500, its a bit of getting used to. I do already miss the little six, but I think Sylvia will fill the void adequately ;)

Thanks for having me and I look forward to seeing you guys around.

Welcome to the site Larry! Nice to have someone else local on here! I believe we now have Jimmy, Russell, Terry, Dr Thomas, You and I from our club on here (although Russell, Jimmy and Terry don't post much). I guess you and I will have to carry the MSMC torch!

Hello from the Motor City... Have had my '08 GT500 Convertible (w/FRPP & FRHP) a few months - traded off a CTS-V Cadillac - but this is my first post in the "New Member Intoductions" section. Met a few great folks at Woodward and the Ford Proving Grounds outing this summer. Other than the mods that came with my "used" '08 (it had 1,600 miles on it), I just got my signed dash plaque, "Powered by Venom" cupholder trim, and "Shelby" map light trim. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. Also enjoyed the enthusiuasm and comraderie I noticed with other Shelby owners at Woodward. Putting her away for the winter in a few weeks (just bought an '09 Dodge Caliber SRT4 for winter) - my wife thinks I'm nuts.... Hope to meet up with some other Shelby folks in the Detroit Metro area sometime (Rochester/Auburn Hills area). Looking forward to possibly getting some 20" Alcoa's and a Trufiber Venom hood in the spring. Cheers.

Welcome Rick, Eric and DQ,

Glad to have you aboard. You'll love this place and the members. An invaluable sourse of knowledge on our GT500s.

There are a great bunch of guys (and gals) on here, and a few of us old Sore Heads.

So don't be shy, jump right in!

And being a pilot, safety is my first concern, so please, no laptops open while driving. LMAO.gif

Edited by TexasShelby

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys. new 09 shelby owner, red with white racing stripes in nyc. I've been a die hard mustang and shelby fan forever. always wanted a 67/68 gt500 but dont have the funds for one of those. when the 07s came out i thought it was the next closest thing so I waited a few years to get the cash and got a great deal on my 09 in june of 09. since then it has 1300 miles, 373s a 1 piece aluminum drive shaft and a shelby billet short throw.

future mods is the suspension, intercooler with fans and a kenne bell.

looking foword to seeing a few of u around new york

-Ben

Torn between a Vista blue with silver stripes or a Black with deleted stripes or flatblack stripes, coupes that is. Got some time to think about it though.

Vista blue vista blue! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hello everyone, I just got my Torch red 08 July 13th from fellow team member MjBarnett. He and his wife are super nice people. It only had 394 miles on it. Its too bad he felt compelled to sell it, but he and his wife had a little girl a few months ago and didn`t have time to drive it. My girlfriend and I had been wanting one for a while, but kept putting it off. Recently she was diagnoised with breast cancer so we said screw it lets start having some fun. Actually she said she would recuperate faster if I took her to her chemo appointments in a Shelby. I think she played me a little bit, but who cares, you have to have some fun because you just never know.

If that's not a reason to buy one, I don't know what is! Best of luck to your girlfriend, and enjoy!

hi everyone my names nathan. I am the new owner of a 09 vista blue with white stripes gt-500 with 1k miles on it. this has been my dream car since they first come out and i still cant belive i finally got one they are truly amazing cars. i live in western pa anyone know any local mustang or car clubs i can join

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well I am really not new to the forum but I will post that I did trade my 07 SGT in on an 1800 mile 08 GT500. Alloy with satin silver stripe. I got a good trade and a great price on the 500. I love my SGT but the 500 was just tooooooo tempting. Got it from Corning Ford. The guy traded it in for a SVT rapture. Well here I am Jonny on the spot with 35 grand in my pocket after selling my FFR cobra. It was a rare opportunity so I went for it and reallllllllllly love the 500. It seems to remind me of my orginal 67 gt500 with the big car, big engine, bad handeling charactoristics. I love it. A real muscle car. It also reminds me of my 70 mach 1 428, which I do not have any more. Now if I can only keep the rear tires from roasting and not get any speeding tickets I will be happy. I have been practicing with the power evey chance I get. SUDDEN.

Where at in Cali are you? :lurk:

Hey from Dallas, this is my first post to the forum. I picked up a new '09 GT500 back on March 2nd and have loved every minute of owning it. Ebony with alloy stripes, it's still bone stock. I keep debating whether to make any performance mods or just keep it stock, so it's stock until I can make a decision one way or another.

09shelby.jpg

When these cars were reintroduced, I promised myself that if they made it to an '09 model then I would get one no matter what. I had a '69 GT500 from '84 to '88 and regret letting that one go. I liked the idea of having another car exactly 40 years newer.

shelby4.jpg

When I went to look at cars, one salesman made a pretty convincing case not to buy the Shelby and just go with the standard GT model. I came home and my wife asked me if I had bought the car, I explained that the salesman had just about talked me out of buying one. She got real upset and told me that she had heard me whining about having a Shelby for 20 years now and she was tired of it. Go to another dealer and buy a f***ing Shelby! So I have a Shelby again. :happy feet:

Hello All,

I picked up a new '09 convertible (Shelby GT500, of course), black with no stripe. A beautiful, almost stealthy ride. This supplements my daily driver for the last ten years, a '98 Contour SVT (still a fun car even for commuting) and is a substitute for an older black Mustang convertible. I must say this car is just awesome. I passed 1200 miles and it has really loosened up; almost like night & day from when I drove it off with 14 miles on the clock.

I'm glad to be here and just eating up all of the great stuff posted here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I've been looking around here a bit and decided to join up today. I purchased an 08 GT500 convertible back in August. It had 3,000 miles when I picked it up on the first. It now has almost 12,000!

I traded in an 08 GT/CS that I only had for 18 months. I liked the Mustang, but with those GT/CS stripes on the side a lot of people thought it was some sort of Shelby. I got tired of explaining what a California Special was. So, when I stumbled across a good deal on a Shelby well .... here I am.

My Shelby is Alloy with silver stripes.

Hello everyone!

I've been looking around here a bit and decided to join up today. I purchased an 08 GT500 convertible back in August. It had 3,000 miles when I picked it up on the first. It now has almost 12,000!

I traded in an 08 GT/CS that I only had for 18 months. I liked the Mustang, but with those GT/CS stripes on the side a lot of people thought it was some sort of Shelby. I got tired of explaining what a California Special was. So, when I stumbled across a good deal on a Shelby well .... here I am.

My Shelby is Alloy with silver stripes.

Welcome to candy land!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

But honestly, welcome. Sounds like with the weather out there you're not going to have much drive time as of late, huh? Well... me neither. Congratulations on your buy - I'm sure you are going to be pleased! And I've put about 23k on mine since a year and a half ago. :shrug: Too much fun to drive!!

Welcome to TS.

Been lurking on the forum for a while, this is my first post. Recently traded my 2008 GT California Special like 08ragtop.

Found a beautiful 2008 GT500 at my dealer with 3200 miles. Performance White with Blue stripes. Already had FRPP performance pack, FRPP handling pack, FRPP ceramic headers and FRPP 3.73s.

Like everyone else here, I love this car.

Welcome to TS.

what part of Oregon are you in?

Was that Pic taken by central Oregon?

Thanks for the welcomes!

to answer questions,

1- I live in Northeast/Northcentral Oregon

2- That photo was taken between Wasco and Condon Oregon (I guess that is Central OR). It was my birthday and I had driven all the way to Hood River just for something to do. I took the back roads on the way home and stopped to take some pictures.

And to answer svtakach62; The only Photoshop work was some minor adjustments to levels and remove this one big bug splatter on the splitter.

Thanks for the welcomes!

to answer questions,

1- I live in Northeast/Northcentral Oregon

2- That photo was taken between Wasco and Condon Oregon (I guess that is Central OR). It was my birthday and I had driven all the way to Hood River just for something to do. I took the back roads on the way home and stopped to take some pictures.

And to answer svtakach62; The only Photoshop work was some minor adjustments to levels and remove this one big bug splatter on the splitter.

Cool. I knew it was Central Oregon. I get upo that way a couple times a year. My Dad has a place in Prineville. I also vacation in Bend for thanksgiving. I used to water ski Lake billy Chinook every year for 20 years.

New owner here. I just bought a one owner 08 GT500 with only 2500 miles on it for under 35k. I live in North Las Vegas just north of Aliante Station (Shelby Bash Hotel) and the Shelby factory is just a five minute ride from my house.

Got my 07 Cobra in may of 09 after returning from the big sand box. I have done the typical Mods to get in the mid 11's at the Clay City, KY Drag Strip and I have more parts to install and some coming in the mail now. I'm a member of SVTPerformance.com, KYHorsepower.com and CrazyHorsePerformance.com, so I thought I should get myself introduced here. Web site is awesome and I look fwd to joining in.......Quade

Edited by Quade

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just purchased our newest mustang last week in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. Shopped for a month after selling our 96 convertible Corvette in efforts to purchase a 08 GTH convertible. When the car arrived it was not in the condition I expected and declined to purchase the car. Natrually we were very disapointed. We own two other Mustangs. My wifes daily driver 01 GT and a 01 Bullitt 9400 on the odo. My wifes car has your typical bolt ons but is in great condition which was not the case with the GTH. So we decided to raise the bar if our expectations were as high as they are. We spent quite a bit more money than we initially expected to but got the car we really wanted and the car in the condition we expected. She is a Beaut. We purchased a Grabber Orange 07 Shelby GT500 convertible in showroom condition with only 4305 on the odo. We look forward to being part of the TeamShelby family and thank you for having us. Hope we can meet some of our fellow Shelby owners. Thanks again for your support. :shift::yup:

:peelout: New Shelby Owner here. My wife bought this for me for my birthday. She said " You've always wanted one and I want you to have this before we're too old to really enjoy it." How cool is that. I love my wife and this car!!!!!! :peelout:

2009 GT500 Convertible, Stripe Delete (added flat black rocker stripes) Stock for now!

post-26908-126296915446_thumb.jpg

post-26908-126296915446_thumb.jpg

:peelout: New Shelby Owner here. My wife bought this for me for my birthday. She said " You've always wanted one and I want you to have this before we're too old to really enjoy it." How cool is that. I love my wife and this car!!!!!! :peelout:

2009 GT500 Convertible, Stripe Delete (added flat black rocker stripes) Stock for now!

First off let me say Welcome to the site and nice car!

Now I will add that I'm jealous! I had to divorce my wife before I could get a Shelby! :hysterical: You got one of the good ones!!!

Edited by Doug_GT350

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Finally stopped lurking and joined up. I technically won't belong until some time next week--but heck, I couldn't wait :happy feet:. I don't have many questions, I've been reading a lot from both this forum and fordgt500. I do have a few questions about what sort of prices other guys paid. I am trading in my beloved GT... mostly because I want a 6 speed and a whine, and then putting another few grand down... They want $40,000 for certified pre-owned with 25xx miles. I will keep you all posted with progress.

Some of my past and present rides:

DSC00644.jpg

n504016417_1150030_6298.jpg

n1367700026_30052505_9525.jpg

Been lurking on the forum for a while, this is my first post. Recently traded my 2008 GT California Special like 08ragtop.

Found a beautiful 2008 GT500 at my dealer with 3200 miles. Performance White with Blue stripes. Already had FRPP performance pack, FRPP handling pack, FRPP ceramic headers and FRPP 3.73s.

Like everyone else here, I love this car.

Howdy neighbor and welcome, i'm in PSL.Enjoy. :woot:

• 2 weeks later...