TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Yes I'm in Eagle River at bottom hill by Walmart. I have Vista Blue SGT Convert, one of 3 that i have seen in Alaska..

I have not seen yours yet. Will have to hook up when I get mine in around end of August. We used to live off Hill Crest and 3rd near you before will built a new place off Prudoe.

hello fellow cobraheads....i picked up my 09 blk/w.red stripes gt500 about 3 weeks ago.....the way that supercharger hisses under acceleration it even sounds like a "COBRA"....I have only put about 300 miles on it so far but it continues to find new ways to put smiles on my gearheaded face every time i drive it....with it's power and handling......mmmmmmmmmmmm.....pardon me while i go gaze at it's beauty somemore....I'm back...our foum here is too koool for words...this is a dream come true for me... :happy feet:

Welcome :happy feet: :happy feet:

Robert and I just visted Alaska last week. We had the best time!!!

Where did you go? up on vacation? next time let me know if you come up to Anchorage I can show you and your husband around and I should have my nedw 2010 by then if they ever start shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
Howdy All!!

My names Steve, considering buying a GT500 end of the year. Current toys are 90 Notchback 5.0, 95 Gen 1 Lightning, and a 01 Viper GTS.

Welcome Steve, You wont regret the purchase of the GT500, fantastic ride

Hello,i'm from Fl.I picked mine up May 28th(alloy met.with silver stripes).The car makes me feel like a kid again,haven't had a V-8 in forty years(last one was a 69 corvette/L-46).Over the years have had some muscle/sport cars:66 chevelle ss396 L-34,67 sunbeam alpine,67 chevelle malibu L-79,68 roadrunner 426 hemi,69 corvette L-46,72 240z,75 cosworth vega,83 shelby charger,98 eclipse gsx,07 350z nismo.Thats enough isn't it...lol. I Love the car and this is a great site(i can spend hours here).Thanks for letting me be a part of it.:)

Edited by cyberdemonbfg

Hello,i'm from Fl.I picked mine up May 28th(alloy met.with silver stripes).The car makes me feel like a kid again,haven't had a V-8 in forty years(last one was a 69 corvette/L-46).Over the years have had some muscle/sport cars:66 chevelle ss396 L-34,67 sunbeam alpine,67 chevelle malibu L-79,68 roadrunner 426 hemi,69 corvette L-46,72 240z,75 cosworth vega,83 shelby charger,98 eclipse gsx,07 350z nismo.Thats enough isn't it...lol. I Love the car and this is a great site(i can spend hours here).Thanks for letting me be a part of it.:)

Congrats, Posting pictures is a must.

Hello TEAM Shelby! My name is Peter and I've been a member, but haven't done an intro. So...

Bought a GT500 coupe White/Blue stripes several months ago at dealer cost, plus gas guzzeler, tags and title. Under 47K!!! :happy feet:

What a deal. What a CAR! :shift:

TheEnd-1.jpg

Hello TEAM Shelby! My name is Peter and I've been a member, but haven't done an intro. So...

Bought a GT500 coupe White/Blue stripes several months ago at dealer cost, plus gas guzzeler, tags and title. Under 47K!!! :happy feet:

What a deal. What a CAR! :shift:

TheEnd-1.jpg

Very nice,Congrats.Btw how do you get the signed dash plaque?

Hello everyone, I just got my Torch red 08 July 13th from fellow team member MjBarnett. He and his wife are super nice people. It only had 394 miles on it. Its too bad he felt compelled to sell it, but he and his wife had a little girl a few months ago and didn`t have time to drive it. My girlfriend and I had been wanting one for a while, but kept putting it off. Recently she was diagnoised with breast cancer so we said screw it lets start having some fun. Actually she said she would recuperate faster if I took her to her chemo appointments in a Shelby. I think she played me a little bit, but who cares, you have to have some fun because you just never know.

Hello everyone, I just got my Torch red 08 July 13th from fellow team member MjBarnett. He and his wife are super nice people. It only had 394 miles on it. Its too bad he felt compelled to sell it, but he and his wife had a little girl a few months ago and didn`t have time to drive it. My girlfriend and I had been wanting one for a while, but kept putting it off. Recently she was diagnoised with breast cancer so we said screw it lets start having some fun. Actually she said she would recuperate faster if I took her to her chemo appointments in a Shelby. I think she played me a little bit, but who cares, you have to have some fun because you just never know.

welcome aboard sounds like a great car.great site here and alot of information to be had.enjoy the car and be safe.

hope everything works out for your girlfriend

Hi Team Shelby.

I am in the UK & my delivery miles 2008 White/blue GT500 is shipping out of Miami next week. I am a long term Mustang fan, having owned a 69 Mach 1, 10 sec 90 GT & a Saleen blown 05 GT amongst others. I plan to fit a KB or TVS plus full suspension to the Shelby.

Will post pics when it arrives & passes the homologation test required here.

Great forum, loads of info.

Cheers

Jeff

hi everyone my names nathan. I am the new owner of a 09 vista blue with white stripes gt-500 with 1k miles on it. this has been my dream car since they first come out and i still cant belive i finally got one they are truly amazing cars. i live in western pa anyone know any local mustang or car clubs i can join

Well I am really not new to the forum but I will post that I did trade my 07 SGT in on an 1800 mile 08 GT500. Alloy with satin silver stripe. I got a good trade and a great price on the 500. I love my SGT but the 500 was just tooooooo tempting. Got it from Corning Ford. The guy traded it in for a SVT rapture. Well here I am Jonny on the spot with 35 grand in my pocket after selling my FFR cobra. It was a rare opportunity so I went for it and reallllllllllly love the 500. It seems to remind me of my orginal 67 gt500 with the big car, big engine, bad handeling charactoristics. I love it. A real muscle car. It also reminds me of my 70 mach 1 428, which I do not have any more. Now if I can only keep the rear tires from roasting and not get any speeding tickets I will be happy. I have been practicing with the power evey chance I get. SUDDEN.

Edited by sudden

Congrats cyberdemon! Looks like you've had quite a collection of muscle over the years.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

My name is Dennis and I just bought my 09 GT500 vert in Vapor Silver with stripe delete last month new with 36 miles on it. As of today it is just over 1300 miles on it. Unfortunately, I had to sell my 65 Mustang fastback that I owned for 20 years, so I could afford the payments and to make room in the garage. Boy was that ever the right choice. While I miss having the 65, the 09 is soooooo much more fun to drive.

This is the 6th Mustang that I have owned over the years and the first one I ever bought new:

1st car in high school was a 70 coupe with a 302 auto that was rusting out, but fast......

2nd was a 66 coupe Sprint 200 6cly auto, new 1/4 was put on top of old to cover the rust, live and learn...

3rd was a 84 fastback 4cly 4-sp the only daily driver, looked good, drove slow.....

4th was the 65 fastback 289 2bbl auto, had 42K org miles at purchase and 59k when sold last month

5th is my 69 Mach1 428 CobraJet R code Shaker scoop 4-sp, which I plan on never getting rid of.......

and of course #6 is the new 09 GT500 vert.

There were some non-Ford products over the years as well, used for daily driving.

Hope to see some of you around the Chicago burbs.......

Hello everybody,

My name is Dennis and I just bought my 09 GT500 vert in Vapor Silver with stripe delete last month new with 36 miles on it. As of today it is just over 1300 miles on it. Unfortunately, I had to sell my 65 Mustang fastback that I owned for 20 years, so I could afford the payments and to make room in the garage. Boy was that ever the right choice. While I miss having the 65, the 09 is soooooo much more fun to drive.

This is the 6th Mustang that I have owned over the years and the first one I ever bought new:

1st car in high school was a 70 coupe with a 302 auto that was rusting out, but fast......

2nd was a 66 coupe Sprint 200 6cly auto, new 1/4 was put on top of old to cover the rust, live and learn...

3rd was a 84 fastback 4cly 4-sp the only daily driver, looked good, drove slow.....

4th was the 65 fastback 289 2bbl auto, had 42K org miles at purchase and 59k when sold last month

5th is my 69 Mach1 428 CobraJet R code Shaker scoop 4-sp, which I plan on never getting rid of.......

and of course #6 is the new 09 GT500 vert.

There were some non-Ford products over the years as well, used for daily driving.

Hope to see some of you around the Chicago burbs.......

Congrats and Welcome. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I'm stidog, I hail from TN, and just yesterday purchased an 08 Vapor Metallic GT500. She is my 10th Mustang, and 2nd Shelby. Though the first shelby was a dodge ;) The Mustangs in year order were 64 1/2, 65, 66, 69 Mach I, 69 Grande, 74 Mustang II (came with the exwife), 89 coupe, 92 vert, and an 05 vert.

I'm a member of MidSouth Mustang Club, and the MCA. I'm also a S197 judge for the MCA. I'm in the same local club as the infamous Farmdog. I believe I met a few of you last spring at the Bristol race also, when we drove the drivers around.

To get this lovely peice of detroit iron, I was forced to give up my 05 Legend Lime, V6 convertible. After leaving the V6 for the GT500, its a bit of getting used to. I do already miss the little six, but I think Sylvia will fill the void adequately ;)

Thanks for having me and I look forward to seeing you guys around.