TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

hello everyone, my name is Kyle and im 18...i just bought my first GT500 a couple of weeks ago.. its the Vapor silver with black stripes.. ill get some pics up as soon as possible..

Congrats! Next to Vista Blue, my favorite color. Get some pics to us as soon as possible

Hello everyone, I am Terry from Indiana and I have been on Team Shelby for a little while now. I drive a 2005 Mustang GT and also enjoy my Motorcycles, Camping and Hiking. I have been reading all the forums and enjoying all the talk and information shared on here. I have alway wanted to own a Shelby but never seemed to be able to...... until now.

I am making a trip to see MM tomorrow and hope to have a new horse in the stable tomorrow night!

Stay Tuned..........

Here She Is!

Thanks Mike!

post-23380-1239174269_thumb.jpg

post-23380-1239174269_thumb.jpg

Edited by INDYSTANG_GT

Add me to the list. I traded my heavily modded 02 Mustang GT in on an 09 GT500 in December. My old car was a KB 2.2, full MM 3 link suspension, brakes, seats, built rear and gears, weight redux etc. It was a labor of love over the last 6+ years. I spent way too much on it and got way too little, but life moves on and I had less time to mess with it. And after 4 years under boost and over 400hp the motor and tranny were on the brink.

The new car is great to drive and really got me back to why I like having a car like this. Even though I like to do street night at the strip or weekend HPDE stuff, the majority of the time I just want to cruise on the weekends and take the wife out on a date. The Shelby, while slower and heavier, is perfect for this. Civilized and refined. I'm enjoying the car a lot. Did a muffler delete and will do an evo stage 2 when I get back from deployment next fall. After that light weight wheels and driveshaft. Oh know, it's STARTING AGAIN!!! :drool:

thanks for tuning in, enjoy yourselves gentlemen and ladies.

post-24406-1238873563_thumb.jpg

post-24406-1238873636_thumb.jpg

post-24406-1238873646_thumb.jpg

post-24406-1238873563_thumb.jpg

post-24406-1238873636_thumb.jpg

post-24406-1238873646_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spitfire

Welcome all newcomers! Whether you have a Mustang or not doesn't matter. All you need here is interest in Mustangs!

Spend some time surfing the forums and you'll be surprised on how much information is right here!

Ruf - (the voice of reason on Team Shelby!) :happy feet:

Hello to all:)

Im Damir from Europe (Croatia,Hrvatska).Im on forum for a while but i didn't post anything till now...

Im a Shelby fan...Don't have a Shelby yet but I planing to buy one. I like the new GT 500.

I have some questions about the car.Hope you will help me:)

Welcome. Glad you found us. The Shelby name travels far.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to this forum. I bought my 09 GT500 in November and have put 6000 miles on it. I live in washington and have to put it in the gargage several time due to snow. I am loving it. I just got another vehicle so I cam keep some of the miles off of it. But has it been FUN. I was down in Vegas at the first of April and went to Shelby. I signed up for the SS. my CSM is 09ss0100. Looks like next March to go Super. can hardly wait.

Dean

Puyallup, Wa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm a long time car nut new Shelby owner.

I grew up with 68-70 AMX's and now own a '67 GTO, '70 Superbee , a '70 440 six pack 4spd R/T SE Challenger and I'm in the middle of restoring a '69 S code Mach 1.

I decided I needed a car to actually drive on a trip so I just bought a 4200 mile '07 GT500 red with white stripes down in San Diego and drove it home to Central Oregon. long trip but a fun one, I think I'm going to be very happy with it.

I'll probably have a few questions and this looks like the place to get answers, thanks Dean

Edited by s code mach

Welcome!!

Has the '07 had the clutch-tranny TSB performed yet? If not, check Grabber's Clutch Tranny TSB thread since you will most likely need it done. The symptoms to look for and what you need to make sure the dealer orders/does, etc are all detailed.

Best of luck with your S-code Mach project!!! :happy feet:

-Dan

Thanks, no the TSB hasn't been done, I've been reading about the clutch problems here and I have none of them.

It has 13 months on the bumper to bumper warranty and he took out the priemum care 7 year extended warranty so if I do have an issue I should get some help, sounds more like when than if.

Hi, i'm a proud new owner of a 2007 Shelby GT500 Alloy Gray with Silver strips. I just bought my dream car last Saturday (05092008) with only 1200 miles on it. The car has been a dream of mine since I was a little child and I'm know going on 40 years old. Dreams do come true. I love the Alloy as it was not my first chose but know after I have gotten it home it is prefect for me.

Hi, i'm a proud new owner of a 2007 Shelby GT500 Alloy Gray with Silver strips. I just bought my dream car last Saturday (05092008) with only 1200 miles on it. The car has been a dream of mine since I was a little child and I'm know going on 40 years old. Dreams do come true. I love the Alloy as it was not my first chose but know after I have gotten it home it is prefect for me.

Welcome to TS, Stang5.0. Taken pictures of your baby yet??

Congratulations and welcome to Team Shelby

• 2 weeks later...

My first post was in the 2010 shelby forum but I didn't like thier attitudes so I cancelled the order on my 2010 and bought an 09...

Just kiddin about the attitude thing, however I did want an 09 but my dealer couldn't find one at the time... He called me this morning

about one they got from another dealer so I went to see it... The price was right so I transfered my deposit to it and she comes home monday!!!

0529091144[1]_disp800.jpg

It has the hid's and shaker 1000 for options so I am happy with that... Nav is nice but I figure if you are driving a Shelby, does it really matter where you are going?

I'm thinking the first thing she needs is hood stripes... They should have come with them I think... Does anyone have a pic of a red one with black stripes? What about a cold air intake? Is there a Shelby one?

Now, problem is which one loses it's garage spot??

DSC06020.JPG

This place is sweet!! Excellent Shelby info!!!

Edited by OCD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shelby friends!

I´m new on this forum from yesterday and I must say I´m impressed about the knowledge that are gethered here. Wow!

I´m a Swedish citizen and I have been in the U.S car hobby since -77. For now I have an -65 Mustang Conv. (Phoenecian yellow), -58 Edsel Citation Conv.(Copper/White)

and now I´m looking for an -09 GT 500. I had to go for a -09 where th Clutch/flywheel issue is sorted out as I´m not covered by any FORD warranty here in Sweden.

As I understand it´s now the planning starts (thinking about mod´s), That will be really funny!

Ok, Best Regards /Jonas

First time to the forum, ordered a new 2010 500 last week Kona Blue with Silver Stripes with every thing except for NAV doesn't work in Alaska. Ordered it from California as Alaska dealers told me they would charge an extra $20,000 grand, I told them they were crazy I would get it form the lower 48 and ship it and I did for MSRP, I will drive it to the dealer when I get her and let them know they have lost a customer for good. Can't wait but have heard they have not started shipping yet. Grew up with a 66 Stang this will bring back memories.

First time to the forum, ordered a new 2010 500 last week Kona Blue with Silver Stripes with every thing except for NAV doesn't work in Alaska. Ordered it from California as Alaska dealers told me they would charge an extra $20,000 grand, I told them they were crazy I would get it form the lower 48 and ship it and I did for MSRP, I will drive it to the dealer when I get her and let them know they have lost a customer for good. Can't wait but have heard they have not started shipping yet. Grew up with a 66 Stang this will bring back memories.

Welcome aboard. Hope you get it soon and I bet you don't have such a great window for driving. When you get it you are required to post pics so don't forget.

Welcome aboard. Hope you get it soon and I bet you don't have such a great window for driving. When you get it you are required to post pics so don't forget.

Yeah seasons over by the end of september, then we switch over to our winter time horsepower snowmachines 160 horsepower

and under 500 pounds. I see your from CA I am picking up the 500 in Sacremento.

Yeah seasons over by the end of september, then we switch over to our winter time horsepower snowmachines 160 horsepower

and under 500 pounds. I see your from CA I am picking up the 500 in Sacremento.

We will have to get together when you get yours , as I also live in Alaska. Just look for the guy with the 2008 SGT Convert driving with the top down and a big smile.... :happy feet:

We will have to get together when you get yours , as I also live in Alaska. Just look for the guy with the 2008 SGT Convert driving with the top down and a big smile.... :happy feet:

Are you in Eagle River? I saw a black one the other day I live up near the visitor center off Prudoe Bay

Are you in Eagle River? I saw a black one the other day I live up near the visitor center off Prudoe Bay

Yes I'm in Eagle River at bottom hill by Walmart. I have Vista Blue SGT Convert, one of 3 that i have seen in Alaska..