TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

I bought it 12/14, got it home late that night and it snowed the next day. Before the snow started melting it hit again. We had 18" of snow in the Mojave desert. I couldn't get to it in the back garage for a week until the snow drift melted! Now that I can get it out I'm starting to find things I would like to improve, starting with the exhaust. My '06 Gt sounded better with the flowmasters and I can't have that. I did, while it was stuck in the garage, purchase the 427 package. Can't wait to get that going

Greetings everybody, not only am I new to team shelby but I'm new to shelby's. I've had several 'stangs throughout the years but I have to say my new 2009 GT500 is the best so far. Started with a '69 fastback in high school, later had a '94 GT and an '06 GT but this is, again is the best. i also want to thank you all for being patient with a newbie as I get into this new, fun adventure.

Randy

Welcome Randy. Let us know if you have any questions.

Sorry, thought I attached a photo but it didn't work. i guess my camera is set at to high of a setting or something because it says the photo is too large. I'll have to work on that

randy

Randy,

Check out this how to thread. It might help you.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9559

Hello , Everyone I am a new member just joined and paid! I signed up back in 2005 so I have a low member number. I just bought my first shelby GT500 on December 20th 2008 . I bought a 2008 GT500 and I am so glad I waited as the car sat on the showroom for almost a year!

Anyways nice to meet everyone look forward in going to future events!

Sincerely Jason

2008 GT500 Torch Red

HID'S, Ambient lighting, GT500 trim package, NAV

post-1292-1232418474_thumb.jpg

post-1292-1232418474_thumb.jpg

Hi Jason,

Welcome back (as you signed up long ago), and congrats...

I'm down in the south bay, we just had a nice group of six cars from the Bay Area cruise to the bash together.

Don't know where you are, but if you're in need of a great, reliable, honest shop for your mods, I know the place.

Have fun, and drive it hard....

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. Im Josh and I am new to teamshelby and just purchased my first Shelby on January 26,2009. Its a 2009 Vista Gt500. I live in Teays Valley, WV and have owned several mustangs over the years. (87gt,93gt,98gt,05gt,07gtcs) Its great to see a forum with so many members that have a love for mustangs like I do.

I bought it 12/14, got it home late that night and it snowed the next day. Before the snow started melting it hit again. We had 18" of snow in the Mojave desert. I couldn't get to it in the back garage for a week until the snow drift melted! Now that I can get it out I'm starting to find things I would like to improve, starting with the exhaust. My '06 Gt sounded better with the flowmasters and I can't have that. I did, while it was stuck in the garage, purchase the 427 package. Can't wait to get that going

Man, talk about beginning mods! :banvictory: Very impressive.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, my name is Gavin and I live in South Carolina and just traded in my 03 Cobra for a 2008 GT 500. Loving every minute of it!!

Welcome Gavin, great to have you here. join in whenever you have something add. Hope you have as much fun here as I am. Don't forget to post some pics

I plan on putting some up next weekend...I have to work all week and its going to rain tomorrow...

Boy do I understand that. I have had mine since 12/14/08 and just turned 600 miles. That includes the 150 miles it took me to drive it home from the dealer. I live in the Mojave desert and it has snowed twice and rained 4" since I bought my car. :censored: Good Luck

Hello All...

My name is Mohammed and i'm from the State Of Qatar :D

I just bought a 2009 Shelby GT500. and i love the car. I used to own a 03/04 SVT Cobra. but the shelby is waaaaaaaay better.

my uncle used to own one when he was a student back in the days "40 years ago" when he saw my GT500. he was like "IS THAT REAL?"

I was laughing at him. he said to me take a good care of her.

I'm in the middle of building a special garage for GT500.

wish me all the best!

and i'm very lucky to be here among you guys :D

Mohammed

Hi All:

My Name is Rex, from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

I just traded my 06 Mustang GT last week for my new ride; 2009 Torch Red Shelby GT500 Convertible. As it is still Winter and snow is still in our near future in Canada, I have stored my new car with the dealer I bought it from till the weather improves or I can't wait any longer, whichever comes first.

I loved my GT and I am hopeful that my new ride will be 100 times more exciting ... God, hurry up Spring so I can get her on the road.

Will post some pictures after baby comes home.

:happy feet:

Edited by rexrowsell

Hi All:

My Name is Rex, from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

I just traded my 06 Mustang GT last week for my new ride; 2009 Torch Red Shelby GT500 Convertible. As it is still Winter and snow is still in our near future in Canada, I have stored my new car with the dealer I bought it from till the weather improves or I can't wait any longer, whichever comes first.

I loved my GT and I am hopeful that my new ride will be 100 times more exciting ... God, hurry up Spring so I can get her on the road.

Will post some pictures after baby comes home.

:happy feet:

Welcome Rex. You'll find this is a great place with great people and you are welcome. I also traded in a 06 GT for a 09 GT500 coupe. It is 100 X's better so for your sake I hope the weather clears. Post some shots as soon as you can

Hello All...

My name is Mohammed and i'm from the State Of Qatar :D

I just bought a 2009 Shelby GT500. and i love the car. I used to own a 03/04 SVT Cobra. but the shelby is waaaaaaaay better.

my uncle used to own one when he was a student back in the days "40 years ago" when he saw my GT500. he was like "IS THAT REAL?"

I was laughing at him. he said to me take a good care of her.

I'm in the middle of building a special garage for GT500.

wish me all the best!

and i'm very lucky to be here among you guys :D

Mohammed

Welcome Mohammed. Congratulations. And we do wish you all the luck with her. Take the advice of your uncle.

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. Im Josh and I am new to teamshelby and just purchased my first Shelby on January 26,2009. Its a 2009 Vista Gt500. I live in Teays Valley, WV and have owned several mustangs over the years. (87gt,93gt,98gt,05gt,07gtcs) Its great to see a forum with so many members that have a love for mustangs like I do.

Welcome Josh. I'm from Charleston, although the army took me away in late 1980 I still call it home. I bet there aren't many 500's around that area are there? Have fun with her and be careful.

Mark

For starters I would like to introduce myself being new to the forum and all. My name is Keith I'm currently Active duty USAF serving my second tour of duty in Japan. I've been a mustang fan since I was a kid, and proud owner of a Mustang GT.I've wanted a GT 500 since 2006,but I had a gut feeling to wait it out a bit...especialy with the Mark ups that were going on during the intial release. Anyway, I lived in Vegas for awhile and visited the Shelby Museum often day dreaming of when I would own one of these Babes! Fast forward a couple years to 2009 and I get a glimpse of the 2010 coupe...I knew it from the first couple photos this would be the year I get my GT 500 coupe IN BLACK w/Black stripes. Been shopping around dealers not sure if I wanna stay with TEXAS dealers or, order from another and have it shipped to my Local Dealer back in Texas. Anyone who has done that before? Your Advice would be helpfull! Anyway, I'm glad to be apart of this forum,nice to meet you all! and I look forward to owning my GT500 soon! I hope they continue with the SS packages for 2010?

Respectfully,

-Keith

via Korea,Houston,Japan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I joined the forum back in February and have made a few posts but just now stumbled on to the introduction page. I'm not up on my forum etiquette yet. My name is Dave and I currently have a 2006 GT which I'll be trading in on a 2010 GT500 in May. Can't wait! My mom had one off the original 65 Fastbacks and I've loved Mustangs ever since. I'm really happy to be part of Team Shelby and hope to make it to some events. If I can get the time, I may try to make the Shelby/Cobra weekend. I'm shooting for the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup too since I'm in the Denver area so if anyone comes this way, let me know.

I know I'll probably get some flak, but I ordered a Grabber Blue 2010 without stripes. It was a hard decision, but I really like the clean look. The forum and Team Shelby are great and I'm really looking forward to all the fun! Now if the blizzard would just finish :hysterical:

Can't wait to post some photos in May :happy feet: