TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Hello, about 6 weeks ago I became the proud owner of a 2009 Black Red Stripe coupe. It's the funnest car I have ever owned! No tickets yet but I know a lawyer just in case!

GP

Hey GP500, did you buy "my" red on black GT500 from Thoroughbred Ford. :lol:

I bought my '08 from a dealership in Columbia, S.C. after looking at it for about 5 minutes! My fiancee and I had stopped in to buy her a new Fusion and she

double dog dared me. I had been following the details of the building of the GT500 for years(?) in magazines and anything else that I could get my hands on. I

have owned 4 mustangs in the past - a '65, '66, '67 coupes that I loved but were probably junk in most peoples eyes and a '91 5.0 coupe that I thought was the

fastest thing on the planet!

I bet it was the fastest GT500 sale they had ever done and I have not regretted 1 second of owning this car! Never a problem it is a great car - definitely the

fastest I have or ever will own. I love it!

By the way - I am a retired Army and state government pilot. I am enjoying retirement even more with this car! I bought it in June of this year. I am terrible on

computers and one day will have some pictures up. I just wish I could keep a Black car cleaner - It keeps me busy.

I bought my '08 from a dealership in Columbia, S.C. after looking at it for about 5 minutes! My fiancee and I had stopped in to buy her a new Fusion and she

double dog dared me. I had been following the details of the building of the GT500 for years(?) in magazines and anything else that I could get my hands on. I

have owned 4 mustangs in the past - a '65, '66, '67 coupes that I loved but were probably junk in most peoples eyes and a '91 5.0 coupe that I thought was the

fastest thing on the planet!

I bet it was the fastest GT500 sale they had ever done and I have not regretted 1 second of owning this car! Never a problem it is a great car - definitely the

fastest I have or ever will own. I love it!

By the way - I am a retired Army and state government pilot. I am enjoying retirement even more with this car! I bought it in June of this year. I am terrible on

computers and one day will have some pictures up. I just wish I could keep a Black car cleaner - It keeps me busy.

Good for you! Enjoy. These are great cars.

new guy here, got my car on the 16th and have been driving her like there is no tomorrow. 08 grabber orange, already started modding it and i am loving every minute in this car. i had a member from tms and svtp suggest that i join here after starting a thread about low hp for the mods i installed, now i am just going to start adding miles! i hope this is a good group of guys and that my brand of smart ass is not too much..lol..

james

After a year and a half of searching, 1 ordered car deal gone bad and 2 sold out from under me. Today I was finally able to bring home the exact car I had on order 9 months ago. I never thought that I would find another with the exact options I was looking for buy it appeared 30 miles from home and now it sits patiently waiting for me in my garage...Man, I love this car.

Shelby3.jpg

Shelby5.jpg

Shelby2.jpg

I just got my 09 today and I immediately got on here and and discovered this talk about dash plaques. I did'nt get one with the car. Should the dealer have had one or is this something that is ordered through Shelby.

I got mine the other day . I ordered it through Shelby. Right here on this site.

I just got my 09 today and I immediately got on here and and discovered this talk about dash plaques. I did'nt get one with the car. Should the dealer have had one or is this something that is ordered through Shelby.

Congrats and Welcome to TeamShelby

You can order the plaque from here:

Shelby Performance Parts!

Edited by Hopsgt500

Hi from just South of Houston. Just joined (1st post). I'm planning to purchase a vert GT500 in the next 4-6 months. By then I'll have the F150 paid off so the wifey should approve the P.O. without too much fuss. Still miss the supercharger whine from my '99 Lightning (never should have sold her) and looking forward to hearing that sweet sound once again.

Happy New Years to all...

Hello everyone! This is my first post here, but I've been lurking for at least the last six months.

I've had my '07 since June of last year. Got her used with 3k miles, just rolled past 10k a few days ago and she stills drives like new. She's my daily driver, rain or shine, hot or cold, the only thing that will keep her inside is snow or hail, and being in Austin I don't think I'll have to worry about that very often.

I came around 40 years too late for the original, but I have to say that I'm glad I didn't miss the resurrection. I know I'm pretty far on the young end of the spectrum, and I will admit that I haven't done anything to earn this great piece of automotive engineering besides simply being born lucky. But I still have intense passion for my car, and I hope to participate more in this awesome community.

Nathaniel

Welcome to TheGT500Source.com forums!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Newbie here, just joined.

I got my GT500 on Nov 1st. LOVE IT! I'm located in SW Ohio between Dayton and Cincinnati. My toy is locked away in the barn right now ;>(. Can't wait till spring to let her RIP.

post-23941-1231945761_thumb.jpg

post-23941-1231945761_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fletch60

Welcome to TheGT500Source.com forums!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

greetings from ireland just bought a 2008 shelby gt 500 convertable in usa and have brought it home to where ford began in cork ireland drove the car through the ford hometown in west cork ireland and she purrs like a big cat that is hungry for road its a fantastic car on a side note does any know if you can buy a hard top for winter for this car we get a lot of rain here please e mail me on timkeane@me.com if you can help thanks and here to driving in shelby

Hello all,

New member, been lurking for a few days now. Bought a new 09 GT-500 on 12 JAN 09, black w\white stripes. It's my wife's car...for now. She traded in her 07 GT for it.

Welcome to this wonderful site....i like what you wrote..."It's my wife's car...for now"...... :hysterical: Once she drives it I think she will not let go of it..... :hysterical:

Greetings everybody, not only am I new to team shelby but I'm new to shelby's. I've had several 'stangs throughout the years but I have to say my new 2009 GT500 is the best so far. Started with a '69 fastback in high school, later had a '94 GT and an '06 GT but this is, again is the best. i also want to thank you all for being patient with a newbie as I get into this new, fun adventure.

Randy