TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Hi guys I'm new here. I've been a member for a while, but I haven't posted yet. I don't have a Shelby or Mustang, but I have been completely obsessed for as long as I can remember. Right now I drive a modded 2000 Explorer that is lowered with 18 in Saleen wheels and some other goodies. I hope to get a Shelby or some kind of Mustang as soon as I can once I graduate college. Currently I'm in my freshman year of college majoring in mechanical engineer, so maybe I can work in the designing cars in the future.

Welcome. If you are serious about car design or engineering check out the Ford intern programs.

Hi guys I'm new here. I've been a member for a while, but I haven't posted yet. I don't have a Shelby or Mustang, but I have been completely obsessed for as long as I can remember. Right now I drive a modded 2000 Explorer that is lowered with 18 in Saleen wheels and some other goodies. I hope to get a Shelby or some kind of Mustang as soon as I can once I graduate college. Currently I'm in my freshman year of college majoring in mechanical engineer, so maybe I can work in the designing cars in the future.

Hi and welcome!!!

Well, this is my first posting on this forum, on any forum for that matter! I am very excited to now own a 2007 Shelby GT 500. I purchased mine used with 1234 miles on it and I know have 1800 miles. It is torch red with the red and black interior. The Shelby is completely stock to date. The air bag door is autographed by Mr. Shelby and I've ordered the dash plaque and patiently waiting for that to come in. I'm located on Long Island and dreading the winter cuz I won't have good driving weather. My screen name is shelbypt, PT standing for physical therapist. I was just voted physical therapist of the year for the US by Advance for Physical Therapists Magazine. I look forward to learning as much as i can about this beast. I have experience with mustangs after restoring a 66 GT fastback, 69 big block Mach 1, 66 Sunbeam Tiger, and my first car a 65 Falcon Sprint. All when I was in my late teens and 20's. It's been about 20 years since owning a Mustang, last was my 87 GT. I never thought I would get a Shelby though!!

Well, this is my first posting on this forum, on any forum for that matter! I am very excited to now own a 2007 Shelby GT 500. I purchased mine used with 1234 miles on it and I know have 1800 miles. It is torch red with the red and black interior. The Shelby is completely stock to date. The air bag door is autographed by Mr. Shelby and I've ordered the dash plaque and patiently waiting for that to come in. I'm located on Long Island and dreading the winter cuz I won't have good driving weather. My screen name is shelbypt, PT standing for physical therapist. I was just voted physical therapist of the year for the US by Advance for Physical Therapists Magazine. I look forward to learning as much as i can about this beast. I have experience with mustangs after restoring a 66 GT fastback, 69 big block Mach 1, 66 Sunbeam Tiger, and my first car a 65 Falcon Sprint. All when I was in my late teens and 20's. It's been about 20 years since owning a Mustang, last was my 87 GT. I never thought I would get a Shelby though!!

Hi and welcome to the site. I myself am new too. I never knew this topic existed. I never introduced myself here... :doh:

Welcome. If you are serious about car design or engineering check out the Ford intern programs.

I just now saw this, I must have missed it earlier. Thanks for the help. I'm assuming you can apply on their website?

Also, do you know of any other companies that offer design internships? I want to do as many of these kinds of things as possible to get experience and make connections.

Hi everyone, nice to meet apart of this community. Just got my GT500 last week (Wednesday for my B-day [20th]). Already in love with it completely, I came over from a 2007 335i BMW. Owned alot of BMW's but I also have a 86 F-150, 88 K1500, and 85 318i currently. Car is a 2009, Alloy/satin silver. BTW i'm in Albuquerque NM.

Hi everyone!

I just pulled the trigger last night and now am an excited owner of an '09 GT500. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from all the really informed members that are here. I've already put to use information that I learned here during my negotiations for the car. Please bare with me if my questions seem simple, but I want to make sure I do nothing that will adversely affect my car. For example, what's the best break in period? My salesman wasn't as knowledgeable as he should have been.

Anyway, here's a pic of my trade-in '98 Cobra and my new GT500.

100_0133.jpg

Kind of new here. Been "lurking" for awhile, til I found what I was looking for in the For Sale forum. '09 Alloy/Satin Silver Stripes!! (I hate the stripes) May go naked, debating it. Good site here. Just had it del Thur. night. AND I have yet to drive it!!! Dealer forgot to put paper plate on car and I don't want to get pulled over. Plate should be here Sat.!!!! :happy feet:

Welcome to TheGT500Source.com forums!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Hey...

I live in NW Ohio...

Just bought a Black '08 GT500 Vert...

Love it!!

Added the 600HP blower kit, 3.73 gears, shifter, headers...

Looking to add some better tuning, smaller pulley, and idler...

I would like to add some 20" wheels similar to the Super Snake including the ram air type hood...

Can't wait til spring...

Todd

post-22594-1228533217_thumb.jpg

post-22594-1228533217_thumb.jpg

Edited by toddakline

Hey...

I live in NW Ohio...

Just bought a Black '08 GT500 Vert...

Love it!!

Added the 600HP blower kit, 3.73 gears, shifter, headers...

Looking to add some better tuning, smaller pulley, and idler...

I would like to add some 20" wheels similar to the Super Snake including the ram air type hood...

Can't wait til spring...

Todd

Welcome to TS Todd. Nice looking ride you have.

Let us know if you need any help with anything.

Rob

Edited by Grabber

Hey everybody. I am now a proud papa of a 07 GT500 white convertible with FACTORY blue stripes. Bought it off of a poor guy who had to unload for personal reasons. I have brought the beautiful girl into my home with open - loving arms. She had 561 miles on her - so is still just an infant. She is finally walking at just over 1000 miles. She is going in Monday to switch to the toddler pants (TVS). She has been hand signed - and will never be taken for granted. :drool:

Hi everyone, I am new here too. I currently own a 2005 Mustang GT and have owned many Mustangs over the last 32 years. I am hoping to pick up a nice slightly used 07-09 Shelby GT 500 in the next 6-9 months. Nice Forum you got here. I will be hanging out with you all if thats okay. My usual hang out is TMS.

Hi everyone, I am new here too. I currently own a 2005 Mustang GT and have owned many Mustangs over the last 32 years. I am hoping to pick up a nice slightly used 07-09 Shelby GT 500 in the next 6-9 months. Nice Forum you got here. I will be hanging out with you all if thats okay. My usual hang out is TMS.

Welcome Indy!! Glad you found us here!

Dan

Kind of new here. Been "lurking" for awhile, til I found what I was looking for in the For Sale forum. '09 Alloy/Satin Silver Stripes!! (I hate the stripes) May go naked, debating it. Good site here. Just had it del Thur. night. AND I have yet to drive it!!! Dealer forgot to put paper plate on car and I don't want to get pulled over. Plate should be here Sat.!!!! :happy feet:

Welcome Silverghost! Pictures please! :happy feet:

Hey everybody. I am now a proud papa of a 07 GT500 white convertible with FACTORY blue stripes. Bought it off of a poor guy who had to unload for personal reasons. I have brought the beautiful girl into my home with open - loving arms. She had 561 miles on her - so is still just an infant. She is finally walking at just over 1000 miles. She is going in Monday to switch to the toddler pants (TVS). She has been hand signed - and will never be taken for granted. :drool:

Welcome 5helbyTX :yahoo: PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES! PLEASE.

After years of owning Ford trucks, I decided to buy a 2008 black Mustang GT back in May '08. I liked it so much, I decided to check out the Shelby GT 500. I found a dealership in Columbia, SC, that had 2 '09s (a black one and a white one) so I decided to ride over and check them out. I knew I wanted to be sure that purchasing one was the result of a careful and deliberate research process. So after about 30 minutes, I bought the black GT 500. That was 4 days ago, and I have loved every second of my decision.

Thanks for providing this site.

After years of owning Ford trucks, I decided to buy a 2008 black Mustang GT back in May '08. I liked it so much, I decided to check out the Shelby GT 500. I found a dealership in Columbia, SC, that had 2 '09s (a black one and a white one) so I decided to ride over and check them out. I knew I wanted to be sure that purchasing one was the result of a careful and deliberate research process. So after about 30 minutes, I bought the black GT 500. That was 4 days ago, and I have loved every second of my decision.

nice....congrats and welcome, you'll find a wealth of info and good people on this site, of course, you are REQUIRED to post pics or you may be exiled to an outpost in Siberia

Edited by Cali_KR

Welcome, this is a great site. Where are you at in Texas?

Welcome to the site & Congrats On your new Shelby remeber Drive It Like You Stoled Her. Please post some pictures ,& be careful after your 10th post.

Welcome to the site & Congrats On your new Shelby remeber Drive It Like You Stoled Her. Please post some pictures ,& be careful after your 10th post.

Thanks....I am waiting until the new rims are mounted before I post any pictures, which hopefully will be after Monday, December 15. Besides when my 2 kids were born, the first time I jumped from an airplane in the Army and losing my virginity, I would be hard pressed to describe a better feeling than when I drove off the dealership lot behind the wheel of a Shelby GT 500.

Hi I'm new to this board but not Mustangs or shelby's

I'm the owner of powerhouse racing and performance in S.W. Florida (Naples). I also have a decent little retail Ford Mustang and Shelby GT500 website www.powerhouserp.com. I tune vehicles, sell and install power adders in my MustangDyne equipped shop. We specialize mostly in the 05+ mustangs and Shelby's. I currently own 1 06 mustang gt, 2, 07 GT500's and 2, 08 KR's # 96 and # 314. My wife races her GT500 and now has a whipple 3.4. I race the 06 GT with 2.3 whipple and 250 shot of nitrous. I'm currently working on an H-pipe that will make a Gt 500 sound like the KR with the appropriate mufflers that we are also working on and will be releasing in the first part of Jan 09! We are very knowlagable with the cars so if you have any question please ask and I will try and answer.

Edited by Wes K