TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Hi all,

from southwest Ohio. Was able to buy an 09 Torch Red GT500 coupe last week. I was lucky enough to get the dealership owner (a friend) to sell it to me for invoice :drool: . The car is incredible !! I am a fairly serious collector of SSP mustangs (14) but finally pulled the trigger on this one and I am very impressed with the car.

I will be doing a few mods to the car to enhance the handling and exceleration aspects, but nothing outragious. Hope to be able to learn alot from this site.

Jim

Congrats with the new acquisition...I see you've been a member for a while, so you know the benefits of this forum.

Thank you. Glad to be onboard. I had hoped to have gotten the GT500 before now, but I really enjoyed my Cobra. I hope the next person does as well.

Hey everybody,

My name is Greg, GTCPA, Ford blue blood & Sudguy4 told me about this site. I am currently in the process of buying a house & will be getting a GT500 shortly after.

Some of the previous rides, all are sold now except for the 67

1967 Mustang Coupe (now a project car)

1995 Mustang Coupe

1999 Mustang Coupe

1999 Mustang GT mostly stock

2003 SVT Cobra Kb, Kooks LT's & X-pipe, Mac 3" & many more. 640hp 600trq

2004 SVT Cobra Lightly modded

2007 Shelby GT

2007 Mustang GT loaded

Been looking at the board for the past month or so, got mt GT500 2 weeks ago. 09 Black with Red Stripe package. Great information here.

Jim

Welcome all!! Great site and great folks ...hope you enjoy!

Jim, love your sig! ....we don't need no stinkin' Hemi :hysterical:

Dan

Picked up my new '09 coupe yesterday. Black with Red Stripe package. Had a '07 Mustang GT for the past 2 years and, although built on the same base, the Shelby feels like a totally different car. This site is a wonderful source of information.

Welcome if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Sharon

Hi all, I'm Steve. I just purchased a 2008 Shelby GT500, vapor metalic with black stripes, black interior. Dealer had the supersnake supercharger upgrade, Ford SVT lowering springs and Ford Performance exhaust installed. This is one amazing ride that gives me a smile everytime I crank it up. I haven't installed any mods yet but am looking at having some LT headers, xpipe installed. If anyone has any suggestions on some good headers for the cobra I would appreciate it. Take care all. :shift:

post-22715-1224128521_thumb.jpg

post-22715-1224128521_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Greetings, I am a 37 year old male, soon to be a Shelby GT500 owner.

I feel like a soon to be new father with the GT500. I have waited a long time for this car passing on the 03&04 Cobra's hoping that Ford would do something good. And that they did. :yup:

I enjoy chatting on websites with people who all have things in common, like the love for cars. And look forward to mingling with all of you on this nice website.

Just had to read LSR's first post.

:mellow:

Hey Everyone, I just purchased an 08 Shelby GT500 Convertible. Red exterior and Red on Black interior. Ive always been a huge mustang fan it kind of runs in the family. I bought my first one an 08 Mustang GT when i got home from serving overseas had it for about 10 months and traded it in for the Shelby i have now. I love it! It is everything i could hope for and more. No mods yet havent desided what i want to do with it yet, probly lower the suspension and new exhaust but we will see. I love the site alot of helpful information. post-22874-1225570577_thumb.jpg

post-22874-1225570577_thumb.jpg

Hi All

I'm a somewhat older (52) musclecar enthusiast, having owned two 442s (69 and 72), a 454 chevelle, two trans-ams (one with nitrous), a Z-28 and a turbocharged supra.

Hello all. My first post. I also am from the 60's musclecar era. I owned a '65 GTO, '69 Z28, '71 Z28, '73 Chevelle SS454, and my favorite (until now) a '73 Trans Am SD 455. I now have a 2008 Shelby Gt 500, White with blue stripes. I love the true American musclecar feel of the Shelby. I don't care if it handles the corners at Daytona, it goes fast in a straight line.

I live in the Dallas area. My brother has a 2007 Shelby Gt 500 'vert that he is bringing to Quantum next week for a Super Snake conversion. That should be fun!-

Hello all. My first post. I also am from the 60's musclecar era. I owned a '65 GTO, '69 Z28, '71 Z28, '73 Chevelle SS454, and my favorite (until now) a '73 Trans Am SD 455. I now have a 2008 Shelby Gt 500, White with blue stripes. I love the true American musclecar feel of the Shelby. I don't care if it handles the corners at Daytona, it goes fast in a straight line.

I live in the Dallas area. My brother has a 2007 Shelby Gt 500 'vert that he is bringing to Quantum next week for a Super Snake conversion. That should be fun!-

welcome to the Team :happy feet:

Just saying "Hi".

I don't usually get into posting on Forums, mainly because in my experience it turns into a pissing contest between morons that don't know what they are talking about.

This forum seems to be much better and much more technically minded, ( which suits me just fine being a Mechanical Engineer )

I just bought my '08 GT500. Black with dark gray stripes, HID lights ( the only option I really wanted ), extra options that were on the car I found include shaker 1000, ambient lighting, car cover, sirius radio.

Already added the Steeda CAI. Looking at adding the TVS supercharger.

My other cars/toys are: '96 Cobra (black). Bought brand new in oct. 95 and driven for the last 13 years and 175,000 miles with very little problems.

'85 Mustang GT. Had since High school, Very, very modded. I call it my toy.

'95 Ninja 6R sportbike

'08 Ducati 1098 Superbike

I just bought my '08 GT500. . . .

My other cars/toys are: '96 Cobra (black). Bought brand new in oct. 95 and driven for the last 13 years and 175,000 miles with very little problems.

'85 Mustang GT. Had since High school, Very, very modded. I call it my toy.

'95 Ninja 6R sportbike

'08 Ducati 1098 Superbike

Welcome, and it sounds like you have a nice mix of vehicles.

Hi all,

My name is Harry and I'm from northwest Indiana. I picked up my 08 Grabber Orange with White strips GT500 in September. Car was built in May, thanks to all that have replied to questions I have had. Future upgrade plans are a Kenne Bell stage 3 kit as well as the usual bolt ons, exhaust, springs etc.

Hi all,

My name is Harry and I'm from northwest Indiana. I picked up my 08 Grabber Orange with White strips GT500 in September. Car was built in May, thanks to all that have replied to questions I have had. Future upgrade plans are a Kenne Bell stage 3 kit as well as the usual bolt ons, exhaust, springs etc.

Harry,

Welcome to TS bud, and excellent choice on the Grabber Orange. :happy feet:

Let me know if you ever need any help.

Rob

Grabber,

Have you heard of any issues concerning thin paint? I have had mine back at the dealer once already for flaking, thin paint in the trunk drip channel area and the underside of the trunklid. I will be going back to the dealer for more paint work because of flaking off the underside of the passenger door corner where the door meets the front fender and also under the gas fill door you can see the primer on both the underside of the gas door and around the gas filler neck. Any info would be great.

Thanks again,

Harry

Grabber,

Have you heard of any issues concerning thin paint? I have had mine back at the dealer once already for flaking, thin paint in the trunk drip channel area and the underside of the trunklid. I will be going back to the dealer for more paint work because of flaking off the underside of the passenger door corner where the door meets the front fender and also under the gas fill door you can see the primer on both the underside of the gas door and around the gas filler neck. Any info would be great.

Thanks again,

Harry

Harry,

The paint problems have been far and inbetween. Not many at all have been reported here. I can think of about 3 or 4 over the last couple years and they were not over "thin" issues. I hope this gets taken care of to your satisfaction very soon.

Hi guys I'm new here. I've been a member for a while, but I haven't posted yet. I don't have a Shelby or Mustang, but I have been completely obsessed for as long as I can remember. Right now I drive a modded 2000 Explorer that is lowered with 18 in Saleen wheels and some other goodies. I hope to get a Shelby or some kind of Mustang as soon as I can once I graduate college. Currently I'm in my freshman year of college majoring in mechanical engineer, so maybe I can work in the designing cars in the future.

Hi guys I'm new here. I've been a member for a while, but I haven't posted yet. I don't have a Shelby or Mustang, but I have been completely obsessed for as long as I can remember. Right now I drive a modded 2000 Explorer that is lowered with 18 in Saleen wheels and some other goodies. I hope to get a Shelby or some kind of Mustang as soon as I can once I graduate college. Currently I'm in my freshman year of college majoring in mechanical engineer, so maybe I can work in the designing cars in the future.

wishihad,

Welcome to the site. You'll like the content and people here. Hopefully, we can get your avatar changed to ihaveone!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Stuart