TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

I guess I'm doing this a little backwards. I never introduced myself, I just started posting. :shrug:

I'm a Ford Fan. Have been since I was a kid. As far back as I can remeber, there has always been at least one Ford in our driveway. Once I became a productive member of society, meaning after I graduated from the Never Never Land of secondary education, I bought an F-150. My job requires me driving something that can tow and haul.

I've never been able to justify two vehicles for myself. So my list to date is all trucks, bought through the company.

F-150s - 1989, 1992, 1995

Expeditions - 1997 (best vehicle I ever bought), 2003

Excursion - 2004 (current vehicle)

My dad also bought Ford trucks, all through the company too. Every time I got one, he'd get one the following year. We even got an Escape for my mom when they first came out. Unfortunately, my dad passed away in 2002.

All trucks were purchased at the same dealership I'm dealing with for the GT500.

This September I turn 40. I can finally justify a reason for a second car. I call it my birthday present to me. As I said in other threads, if I don't feel like my business is wanted, I will go to another manufacturer. I'll find another car I like (maybe not as much as the GT500) and I'll buy it.

I can't say for sure what will happen with my truck buying habits. Fords are built the best, but my ancestry is German and I can hold a grudge.

Edited by Orf

My first post.

This website is awesome.

I really enjoy the civil/collegial tone and the information on this site! It really gets me excited about the car and makes the whole process alot more fun.... and remember that is what it is all about!

I can tell you that because of this site, I know more about the car than does the dealership!

I am currently 1st in line for the GT 500 at a dealer in Boulder, CO. I tried to place my order yesterday and the GM was not even aware that we could place the order. i sent him the PDF "ordering guide"... so hopefully, he'll get in the system soon and get it done!

I currently own a 1969 428 SCJ... that car has 335HP from the factory!... i can't imagine what the 475+HP will feel like in the GT 500. I'm excited about the car. I have owned a 1987 GT as well.

I, too, am concerned about dealer markup.. unfortunately the dealers each have dozens on their waiting lists and the law of supply and demand prevails. unfortunate, but it is reality.

Hello all,

Wanted to let you know that this site rocks. I have been watching your posts since October and have found it to be the best source of info around when it came to the GT500. Without this site I would have gone crazy with anticipation because the dealer was totally in the dark until today.

Like the rest of you I am a motorhead, owning cars that get the fluids moving. I have been that way since my father restored a Devin before I could see over the dash when riding with him. Then the muscle car era came, where my friends and I would go to Telegraph to watch the Mustangs, Cuda's, Vettes do the Saturday night steet racing. When I was old enough to drive, my parents and insurance agent made sure I wouldn't own one of those legends but they found me a nice Pinto to drive :wacko: . Then I found myself in my early 20's and decided to fulfill my dream of owning a 70 Boss 302 but all I could find was junk. Most all of the cars I found were beat up and required alot of time and money to restore. But during my search I came across this red GT350 with an R apron "love at first site". Ever since then I have been a Shelby owner and have enjoyed every moment of it. But there is one drawback to being a performance car owner for me, keeping it within the limits of the law. So when I take delivery of my 07, the first place I will go is to the local track for a little warranty testing. :rockon:

GOOD TO MEET ALL YOU GT500 FANS OUT THERE . MY STORY IS , I HAVE HAD A DEPOSITE ON THE 500 FOR JUST ABOUT 1 YEAR . IVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH MY DEARLER ON A MONTHLY FRIENDLY CALL. WELL THE BAD NEWS CAME ON MONDAY NIGHT 20,000.00 OVER STICKER. WHEN I LEFT MY DEPOSITE THE DEALER SAID TO ME WE WILL NOT OVER CHARGE LIKE OTHER DEALERS. SO HE THE DEALER SAID TO LET A FEW DAYS GO BUY AND CALL BACK. I CALLED FORD MOTOR COMPANY 313-322-3000 I WANTED TO TALK TO WILLIAM CLAY FORD,OF COURSE HIS EXTENSION IS NOT AVAILABLE SO I SPOKE TO A BRIDGET HUNT. AND I WAS TOLD FORD DID NOT OWN THE DEALERS AND THERE WOULD BE NO HELP FOR ME. :headscratch:

Welcome to TheGT500Source.com forums!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

:D

Hello everyone,

I am here in sunny Minnesota, my first Mustang was a 1965 coupe that I still have today, I take the cover off of it and drive it a couple of times each summer. The Shelby GT 500 will be my second and probably last, that is I can get one.

Jerry

Edited by Jerry19702

:D

Hello everyone,

I am here in sunny Minnesota, my first Mustang was a 1965 coupe that I still have today, I take the cover off of it and drive it a couple of times each summer. The Shelby GT 500 will be my second and probably last, that is I can get one.

Jerry

Welcome Jerry! I'm also in MN (Twin Cities) and also have a classic - 68 coupe. There's another guy (dtgoods) who's here with us...

:idea: Maybe we could try to get a dealer to give us a deal if we all work together?? :yahoo:

I am new to this site.

I am in sunny, but cold Detroit. I hope my location will allow for more GT500's to my dealer.

Not real confident in the info I received from my sales guy. I had to let him know that orders could be placed on Monday 3/13. I have an order #4608, not sure what that means?

I have been viewing this site for a long time, THANKS for all the info!

Hoping for a Aug/Sept delivery.

Welcome Jerry! I'm also in MN (Twin Cities) and also have a classic - 68 coupe. There's another guy (dtgoods) who's here with us...

:idea: Maybe we could try to get a dealer to give us a deal if we all work together?? :yahoo:

:D From what I have hear and seen I don’t think that there any deals left, I think most of the first Shelby’s have been spoken for. Fortunately I have made a deal with Bob Lowth Ford here in Bemidji for the first one they get. I just talked to the sales manager today and he says they have not heard a thing from Ford. Hopefully it gets here before next fall, I would like to put a few miles on it before the snow fly’s next winter.

Hi All

I'm a somewhat older (52) musclecar enthusiast, having owned two 442s (69 and 72), a 454 chevelle, two trans-ams (one with nitrous), a Z-28 and a turbocharged supra. Noticably, I have never owned a Ford musclecar. Due to family, kids etc, I have actually become an exclusive Ford buyer, but only with SUVs, trucks and now the new AWD Freestyle (great in snow by the way). Back in late Fall 04 I was getting ready to buy a new GTO, when someone made me aware of the upcoming GT500. Sure am glad I didn't move too fast on getting the GTO. I have been tracking this car and talking to dealers for the last 1 1/2 years, and have been a daily reader of this forum and two others. I thought it was about time to weigh in and give my two cents worth on a couple of topics. I actually live north of Kansas City, MO in a rural area between Liberty and Kearney (home to Jesse James for what that is worth) and have a wonderfully tolerant wife and 2 boys (17 and 21). My order for a white shelby with blue stripes went in last monday; details and thoughts to be posted in other areas.

The shelby looks to be a pretty sweet car, and am really looking forward to it. Both boys are pushing on me to learn how to drive a stick shift so that they can share in the joy when it shows up. I got to drive an 05 GT mustang with a 5 speed the other day and it reminded me a lot of a friend's 69 442 with a 4 speed (mine was only an auto). Having the shelby with another 200 HP or so is really going to be a fun trip.

Thanks to all posters over the last 1 1/2 years; I have thoroughly enjoyed your thoughts and insights, and even your arguments. I hope that all of you who really want a shelby can end up with one.

Hi All

I'm a somewhat older (52) musclecar enthusiast, having owned two 442s (69 and 72), a 454 chevelle, two trans-ams (one with nitrous), a Z-28 and a turbocharged supra. Noticably, I have never owned a Ford musclecar. Due to family, kids etc, I have actually become an exclusive Ford buyer, but only with SUVs, trucks and now the new AWD Freestyle (great in snow by the way). Back in late Fall 04 I was getting ready to buy a new GTO, when someone made me aware of the upcoming GT500. Sure am glad I didn't move too fast on getting the GTO. I have been tracking this car and talking to dealers for the last 1 1/2 years, and have been a daily reader of this forum and two others. I thought it was about time to weigh in and give my two cents worth on a couple of topics. I actually live north of Kansas City, MO in a rural area between Liberty and Kearney (home to Jesse James for what that is worth) and have a wonderfully tolerant wife and 2 boys (17 and 21). My order for a white shelby with blue stripes went in last monday; details and thoughts to be posted in other areas.

The shelby looks to be a pretty sweet car, and am really looking forward to it. Both boys are pushing on me to learn how to drive a stick shift so that they can share in the joy when it shows up. I got to drive an 05 GT mustang with a 5 speed the other day and it reminded me a lot of a friend's 69 442 with a 4 speed (mine was only an auto). Having the shelby with another 200 HP or so is really going to be a fun trip.

Thanks to all posters over the last 1 1/2 years; I have thoroughly enjoyed your thoughts and insights, and even your arguments. I hope that all of you who really want a shelby can end up with one.

Welcome. The GT500 will be light years ahead of those other cars. Don't get me wrong, I love the old muscle cars, too. The advances in technology will make it shine. I think you will be pleased.

btw, what was your impression of the Mustang GT?

Welcome. The GT500 will be light years ahead of those other cars. Don't get me wrong, I love the old muscle cars, too. The advances in technology will make it shine. I think you will be pleased.

btw, what was your impression of the Mustang GT?

I agree that the new shelby will be quite a bit more sophisticated than the old musclecars. It's amazing that us older racers didn't kill ourselves off considering their relatively poor brakes and suspensions. My first car of choice is actually still a 69 Hurst Olds, which I could probably get for not much more than the shelby; but as my wife so wisely pointed out, it would have been more of a museum piece than a car that I could reliably and safely drive on a routine basis. If I ever win the lottery tho, you can bet I'll have one in my garage that I can just sit and look at.

I had a very favorable impression of the Mustang GT. If for some reason I could not have gotten the shelby, I think I could have been satisfied with just a GT. It feels good inside (plenty of room), handles nicely and predictably, and has very good acceleration (although I would mod it for another 50 HP or so). It also has an impressive exhaust sound that is not overwhelming. Throw in its appearance and the relatively low price, and it becomes quite a value. As with any car there are certainly some negatives, but I didn't see any that would keep me from enjoying it.

I agree that the new shelby will be quite a bit more sophisticated than the old musclecars. It's amazing that us older racers didn't kill ourselves off considering their relatively poor brakes and suspensions. My first car of choice is actually still a 69 Hurst Olds, which I could probably get for not much more than the shelby; but as my wife so wisely pointed out, it would have been more of a museum piece than a car that I could reliably and safely drive on a routine basis. If I ever win the lottery tho, you can bet I'll have one in my garage that I can just sit and look at.

I had a very favorable impression of the Mustang GT. If for some reason I could not have gotten the shelby, I think I could have been satisfied with just a GT. It feels good inside (plenty of room), handles nicely and predictably, and has very good acceleration (although I would mod it for another 50 HP or so). It also has an impressive exhaust sound that is not overwhelming. Throw in its appearance and the relatively low price, and it becomes quite a value. As with any car there are certainly some negatives, but I didn't see any that would keep me from enjoying it.

That is how I felt about it. I am biased as I have been a Mustang Fan for 30 years. I have owned 2 and trying to buy my 3rd. I drove a GT the other day just for kicks. I was really impressed with the overall package. I just wanted to know how someone that didn't necessarily bleed Ford blue felt about the car. Thanks for your input. Enjoy your Shelby.

I'm in my mid-30s and a 4 time Mustang owner (in 10 years), the last two being a 00 ROUSH 2, and (currently) an 01 ROUSH 3. When I was growing up in the 80's, I had friends with 5.0s, and somehow lived to tell about it. I joined the military after high school, and came home from overseas and bought a Rio Red 95 GT. Soon picked up a 5.0 Mustang mag, found out what an SVT Cobra was, and the seemingly neverending aftermarket mods that were available... -- and the mod madness began.

I spec'd out my 95 GT to a 95 Cobra motor, with 95 Cobra R wheels, a STEEDA Level-3 G-TRAC suspension, and Kenny Brown Extreme Sub and Matrix System for extra bracing.

95 GT 'vert was my wife's daily driver w/ a Flowmaster exhaust.

Sold the 95 STEEDA Q clone to a fellow open tracker, and bought the 00 ROUSH 2.

I looked hard at an 04 SVT Cobra 10th Anniv. edition, but already had so much ROUSH stuff I went with a ROUSH 3!

I learned about SHELBY Mustangs and Cobras from participating in Mustang clubs in my early 20s. I really want an 07 with the GT 350H colors, but it's looking more like Black with Tungsten stripes. I've done the same dance with dealers here in SC as everyone else has but it looks like its not going to happen until I come back from the sand box. Sucks that I qualify for X Plan, but at this rate, I may never get the opportunity (I could've had X plan with the 04 10th Anniv. though).

I knew I'd end up w/ an SVT product, as I have the 26 x 32 posters of each the 95 Cobra R, 98 Cobra, 99 Cobra, 00 Cobra R framed in the garage, along side all my ROUSH swag.

Good luck to all on getting what we want! Nay, NEED!

When placing my order on 3/13 my order # was 4608 with a priority #33.

What is the priority # reference. Is this the pretain to the dealership list ( I was the first to order at my dealer) or is this an overall wait list? Or is this based on my color and option selection?

Thanks for any help on this question

When placing my order on 3/13 my order # was 4608 with a priority #33.

What is the priority # reference. Is this the pretain to the dealership list ( I was the first to order at my dealer) or is this an overall wait list? Or is this based on my color and option selection?

Thanks for any help on this question

Congratualations on ordering your car!!! :happy feet:

The priority code refers to where in line your order is on that dealerships priority list.

That means they are ordering 32 other (Mustang V6/GT) before your car to be delivered.

How long a wait does that translate into...???

KingCobra.

Hey everyone,

I've been following other message boards but just found this one. Looks like lots of others have as well. That makes the info better!

I'm on the Shelby bubble. I am #2 on a waiting list. I've been given the order sheet. But the dealer won't know for sure if he'll get a second car this year or not. He's only sure about the first one for now. I'll have to play the waiting game. But I'll be so happy, even if I don't get one until 2008, just as long as I get one.

Man, this is the coolest car I've ever seen. I like it even better than my previous dream car ... the 67 shelby.

Now I've just got to get the wife on board! She's not as convinced as me that I NEED this car. She seems to think I only WANT this car. I"ve got my work cut out for me before they start building mine! (Vista Blue with Tungsten stripes ... OH YEAH)

Great site, great forum. Currently an '04 Z06 pilot,( 2nd of 2 Z06's), but determined to make the switch.

Dealarship called yesterday. Order guides are in. Hoping, any day now.

Historically speaking, did own a '70 Mach1 (?), back in 1980. (Before the divorce). But I digress.

Good luck to all.

FYI for you guys that are ordering for MSRP, you don't know how good of deal you are getting errr maybe you do. Ford is Charging dealers $1,500 for certification AND they have to buy a tool kit, which cost is unknow as of today 3-23-2006. Say a dealer gets 1 or 2--his profit is gone with just tool kits and tools. maybe more if tool kit cost thousands. That doesn't include his training cost for sales staff and mechanics.

Good luck. we are getting only two for the 2007 model and one is sold sold for $5,000 over--One left guys!!!!

Bud Murray

bud@fishervincentford.com

I signed up the other day but have been reading post for quite a while now. I hope to be placing an order within the next couple of weeks. My dealer states he won't place the order for the car until the order banks are open. The price is still up in the air and he states that until he know msrp he can nail down a price. The car is for my father, my son, and myself to spend some time together.

I signed up the other day but have been reading post for quite a while now. I hope to be placing an order within the next couple of weeks. My dealer states he won't place the order for the car until the order banks are open. The price is still up in the air and he states that until he know msrp he can nail down a price. The car is for my father, my son, and myself to spend some time together.

The order banks are open. Prices are not set.

My son is only 6, but, we will be spending time learning about how to take care of cars and enjoying them. I'm hoping he picks up some of my OC when it comes to car care. Then, maybe someday, the car will be his.

Hello All,

Boy.....I can't stop coming over here and looking and reading about this car, have had seven Mustangs in my life including a 93-98-03 SVT Cobra Mustangs.......

I currectly own a stunning red 1965 tri-power GTO. It would be nice to have a GT500 sitting next to that in the garage, problem is I can't afford two cars, would need to make a decision........l

Anyway.........thanks for reading and keep up the great work here on this website.

Mike

This is my 1st post & I would like to say "Hello" to everyone here from Canada...!!!

I am on my dealer's list for a 2007 GT500....cannot wait to get behind the wheel of this car this summer !

Talked to my dealer last Friday & he has no official date as to when I will be able to order my car.

I can't believe the mark-ups over & above MSRP in the USA.

My SVT dealer is selling me the car for MSRP, & he figures it will be around $53,000-$55,000 CDN.

Let me tell you not all the dealers up here are such because I talked to one dealer earlier on in Edmonton, Alberta & he told me flat out out if I don't have $90,000+ CDN to lay down on this car than as he put it "don't waist my time"....our conversation ended pretty fast.

I will keep everyone up to date on news from Canada.

Best of luck to everyone here, & I hope you will all drive a GT500 this summer !!!!

Sincerely,

Tony

Greetings, I am a 37 year old male, soon to be a Shelby GT500 owner.

I feel like a soon to be new father with the GT500. I have waited a long time for this car passing on the 03&04 Cobra's hoping that Ford would do something good. And that they did. :yup:

I enjoy chatting on websites with people who all have things in common, like the love for cars. And look forward to mingling with all of you on this nice website.

Edited by LSR

Hello, I am from the great state of Iowa. I am probably a little older than most of the members, but i think the Mustang GT500 has brought out the kid in me again. I ordered mine on March 17th. A small dealer that is only getting one for getting certified. I am trading my Bullitt #1879 in for the new Mustang. I look forward to the journey ahead for all of us who are waiting. Just remember, all good things are worth waiting for. Thanks.

Hi, Everybody:

Have been lurking around the forum since tripping over it a couple months back. Joined today to see the videos and otherwise to come out from the shadows.

Been a Mustanger for 23 years. 65 Coupe to 65 GT Coupe (A-Code AC Bench Seat) to 71 Boss 351 (still miss that one, which I restored) to 90 LX (GT-40'ed, etc.) to 95 Cobra (still in the stable...Cobra R drivetrain...so it's got the speed plus AC, leather, back seat, tunes) to my current daily driver, an 03 Cobra Coupe.

It's the 03 that's going to go once a GT500 finds a home at my place.

I'm in SoCal. Had to work hard to get my '03 at sticker around here back in August of '02. Lots of luck repeating that feat with the GT500. :nonono:

Now, on to the videos...