TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

post-7556-1162615849_thumb.jpgHi everyone ... don from sunny Florida ! My shelby should be built in a week and shipped to my dealership by the end of the mth. I interesting how everyone chooses a color scheme that they think is right, With this car, I dont think there is any right or wrong color ... they are all great looking cars regardless.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and more important like everyone else cant wait to get my Red shelby.

I work for a ford dealership and the dealer was gracious enough to allow me to order it for little ole me when customer where lining up willing to pay the big bump sticker. Yes I paid over msrp but thast all I am saying.

I also love SHO's .... I have a 89 SHO that is race prepped and gutted. Very fast car on a road course. Its gutted and has a full roll cage .... a hoot to drive when i pass m5's and stangs on the track !

Anyway ... cant wait to get my car .. and am glad they got the clutch issue out of the way before my production run.

dond

post-7556-1162615849_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1162615849_thumb.jpgHi everyone ... don from sunny Florida ! My shelby should be built in a week and shipped to my dealership by the end of the mth. I interesting how everyone chooses a color scheme that they think is right, With this car, I dont think there is any right or wrong color ... they are all great looking cars regardless.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and more important like everyone else cant wait to get my Red shelby.

I work for a ford dealership and the dealer was gracious enough to allow me to order it for little ole me when customer where lining up willing to pay the big bump sticker. Yes I paid over msrp but thast all I am saying.

I also love SHO's .... I have a 89 SHO that is race prepped and gutted. Very fast car on a road course. Its gutted and has a full roll cage .... a hoot to drive when i pass m5's and stangs on the track !

Anyway ... cant wait to get my car .. and am glad they got the clutch issue out of the way before my production run.

dond

Welcome dond. Check out the FAQ sticky... a must for newbies. As for color combo, there are some threads with stats of how many people have chosen what. Opinions run the gamut. I think the two most popular are white/blue and red/white. My last sports car was red...and I wanted a change, so I went with Alloy. Another factor is whether you are keen on the crimson interior inserts...they are only available with certain exterior color combos.

Dave

dond

Wow you new guys with these Shelby's are commin out of the woodwork. Must of been a dozen this last week. Since your a Ford employee, you have got to pull some strings for us little guys, ya hear. As far as "thast all I am saying" - We will get it out of ya one way or the other. Did'nt you read the small print when you joined. Oh ya, Spelling is a issue around here, as well as context and grammer. Get it straight, or Ruff will have your butt.

We also have rules about the Avitar. They can NOT be upside down like ORF's, so make sure your not all boozed up when you create it. If your thinkin about a motion avitar... don't, some of the old guys are havin heart attacks.

Do you got any beer? Oh ya, Welcome. B)

dond

Dond,

Welcome and congrats. I also work for a Ford dealer . I tried negotiating with them to get a Shelby also. After 5 conversations and no results. I went to my previous employer and bought from them. I paid over also, but not anywhere near 20k my dealer sold our first one for. I was the talk of the showroom when I showed up last saturday. "Where did you buy that?!" :D BTW I am a tech, not a sales person.

The car is a blast to drive, definately worth the wait.

Edited by mds370

Rob

Ok ... a few gramatical errors and mis spells .... can you imagine I am the finance manager at my store .... Never having a typing lesson .. I think i do real well ... But your right .. i meant to double check everything but forgot !

Back to the Shelby ... really glad I joined the forum ... Ie ... the hoses and the hose clamp issues. First thing that happens is the spring type clamps are removed!

What Id like to know is how many of you are using your Shelbys as daily drivers ? I plan to do so ... except in bad weather and love bug season. Have a old 1990 f 250 that i use to haul my SHO track car around ... and plan to drive that when necesary.

Also .. for those with the crimson red color .. I spoke to someone at brembo ... and they will take my black calipers and paint them red to match the car ... thinking about doing this but that means I'd have to wait anothe few weeks to drive the car ... not sure if i can do that! Price was real reasonable too. $200 a side ... if anyone has a interest ...let me know.

And a personal note to the ford tech ... you need to pm me so we can trade secrets regarding what we paid for the car. I really cant divulge that for i did promise my dealer ... he be made fun of at his dealer 20 meeting if they ever knew !

dond

• 2 weeks later...

Hello , all Iam new to this forum. I stumbled across it when i went looking for the shelby color chart. i currently have a 99 GT that i use as a show car and pleasure driveing. i wanted a shelby as soon as i heard about them ,my dog is even named shelby , but i won't be ready for it until mid 2007 . i thought my dream was over until i learned about the 2008 models as well. so iam now on the list for a 2008 . only time will tell if things work out but this is the car i want to get and keep to the grave. :hyper:

The secret is out - it was a MSRP deal. Congrats :happy feet: Now tell us about the extended warrenty, what did that cost? :hysterical:

or maybe even plan pricing <yikes!>

Welcome all newbies! ...now strap on your straight-jackets and type with ya nose if ya have to ;-) :headspin:

We were all sane once too (well, maybe not) but it passes quickly and the silly suit help prevent injury, so grab a beer and pretend you're watching TV with wifey ...your life is about to change <lol>

:shift:

Hello , all Iam new to this forum. I stumbled across it when i went looking for the shelby color chart. i currently have a 99 GT that i use as a show car and pleasure driveing. i wanted a shelby as soon as i heard about them ,my dog is even named shelby , but i won't be ready for it until mid 2007 . i thought my dream was over until i learned about the 2008 models as well. so iam now on the list for a 2008 . only time will tell if things work out but this is the car i want to get and keep to the grave. :hyper:

It is funny how we sometimes name our pets after our rides. I have a small Yorky-Poo that my 12 year old son named "Harley". You see my son loves to ride on my Harley Davidson with me, so he said lets name him Harley. He's the cutest bugger. :wub:

Why do you guys have such a sheep fettish?

I don't get it

Your not thinking of :hysterical:

Your obviousely not gettin enough. :rant:

I am sorry your having problems.

Rob, I think there's soe history here from a while back

..Dave has a cute dog sheep too! :hysterical:

..and as the indian said: "sheep lie!" :hysterical2:

man, you know we've been here too much when we remember this stuff! ;)

hello all I am carlo and I just got my cobra last sunday......and loving it.....any excuse to drive......... like when I had my 05 gt which I traded in...I am already ordering a few extras...the chrome tail light grills etc...she is sweet and all mine...

Welcome to the club Carlo.

I read you story, and I am so glad you are happy with your purchase.

I look forward to seeing some photos of your Mods.

Have fun with your car. :shift:

Apparently you're unaware of our new one-way software. Some members can see you while you post!

Welcome aboard.

Good to have you with us.

Underwear is optional. :hyper:

There you go with the optional underwear thing again. :finger: I don't know if you're scaring away or attracting. Who cares, i'm hanging out with you. :happy feet:

There you go with the optional underwear thing again. :finger: I don't know if you're scaring away or attracting. Who cares, i'm hanging out with you. :happy feet:

I'm sorry, where are my manners. Welcome all you newbies. Stick around awhile and enjoy a plethora of knowledge and fun. :hyper: