TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Hi all, my name is Eric. I live in sunny San Diego. I just received my VIN and my est. build date is Oct 23rd. After a long wait in Material Hold Purgatory it looks like my day will soon arrive, relatively speaking. I am a long time lurker on this site and I have learned a ton from some of you seasoned veterans. I look forward to contributing useful info to this forum and meeting new friends across the country.

Blessings,

Welcome Eric, you were up late last night! If you have not already, check out the following page.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3419

And we'll want to see pics of your car when it arrives...good luck! :cheerleader:

Dave

Hi all, my name is Eric. I live in sunny San Diego. I just received my VIN and my est. build date is Oct 23rd. After a long wait in Material Hold Purgatory it looks like my day will soon arrive, relatively speaking. I am a long time lurker on this site and I have learned a ton from some of you seasoned veterans. I look forward to contributing useful info to this forum and meeting new friends across the country.

Blessings,

Welcome, Eric! Always good to see a lurker get a voice ;-) Hope you're enjoying the site and good luck for a quick ship after the 23rd! Just read somewhere recently that San Diego is now the 7th-largest metro area in the USA -- going into winter here in the northeast (upstate NY) I'll be envying San Diego very soon ;)

-Dan

Hello forum members

I ordered my GT500 covert last Monday all excited and willing to hang in tough for the wait. I must say however, after reading through most of the posts...I'm kind of discouraged (don't worry bout me though I'll be fine), as I read about dealers selling cars out from under buyers....extremely long waits....buyers getting the run around..."material holds," the shaker 1000 upgrade delays, dealers selling out my position, etc., etc....

A couple of weeks ago, I called up our small city dealer who had two coming in his allotment (one covert and a coupe) and expressed an interest in the convert. He told me he would sell it to me (and yes, it is over the MSRP, of course) and I said FINE> I'll take it. I want to have some fun in a fast car letting the few hairs I have left blow in the wind.....even though I get too many speeding tickets in my Cadillac EXT truck now...(you can tell I'm in big trouble now cause even though it ain't too easy to go slow in it, it ain't no sports car either, believe it or not). My wife blessed the purchase so I am home free and ready to drop the top and stomp the pedal.

I'm not your typical "muscle car" guy. I like fast cool cars...though maybe with a smoother ride that what I have read the GT500 gives though., but I am sure I can live with it. I bought my oldest daughter a stang last year....and I enjoyed driving it, so when the Shelby came out and in a covert...I thought it would be a blast to get....so hopefully it will live up to my expectations.

Anyway, good to meet you guys and will see ya in the forum....

Welcome, Eric! Always good to see a lurker get a voice ;-) Hope you're enjoying the site and good luck for a quick ship after the 23rd! Just read somewhere recently that San Diego is now the 7th-largest metro area in the USA -- going into winter here in the northeast (upstate NY) I'll be envying San Diego very soon ;)

-Dan

Dan---where in upstate NY are you???

Hello forum members

I ordered my GT500 covert last Monday all excited and willing to hang in tough for the wait. I must say however, after reading through most of the posts...I'm kind of discouraged (don't worry bout me though I'll be fine), as I read about dealers selling cars out from under buyers....extremely long waits....buyers getting the run around..."material holds," the shaker 1000 upgrade delays, dealers selling out my position, etc., etc....

A couple of weeks ago, I called up our small city dealer who had two coming in his allotment (one covert and a coupe) and expressed an interest in the convert. He told me he would sell it to me (and yes, it is over the MSRP, of course) and I said FINE> I'll take it. I want to have some fun in a fast car letting the few hairs I have left blow in the wind.....even though I get too many speeding tickets in my Cadillac EXT truck now...(you can tell I'm in big trouble now cause even though it ain't too easy to go slow in it, it ain't no sports car either, believe it or not). My wife blessed the purchase so I am home free and ready to drop the top and stomp the pedal.

I'm not your typical "muscle car" guy. I like fast cool cars...though maybe with a smoother ride that what I have read the GT500 gives though., but I am sure I can live with it. I bought my oldest daughter a stang last year....and I enjoyed driving it, so when the Shelby came out and in a covert...I thought it would be a blast to get....so hopefully it will live up to my expectations.

Welcome, JSK! You are one lucky dude ;-) Is your dealer non-PA non-SVT? I was shopping a Focus last week for a friend's neice in CT and talked to several dealers. I asked all of them (all non-pa, non-SVT) if they had gotten cert'd for a GT500, and ALL had. They all told me they're expecting they will see it in the spring. Is that consistent with what your dealer said -- just curious.

---------------------

Btw, 4 of the dealers had already cut deals to transfer the cars at a nice markup to a "much larger [internet] dealer," so they decided they won't bother even trying to sell theirs to the public. When I asked why, their answers varied a bit, but the general tone was that they felt it was just easier that way and didn't want to have the car on the lot since everyone would just come by to see/touch it and they have no way to protect it. These are small dealers ranging from 1-car showroom to midsized (4 salesmen) rural dealers. Two of them also had gotten Ford GTs and were "glad when we got rid of it" (same reason -- no way to protect from gawkers). Just passing it on -- you may have 'saved' a GT500 from e-bay hell ;-)

Anyhow, congratulations! How you get it quickly.

-Dan

Hello forum members

Good to meet you JSK...take a look at the FAQs at the below link. Let us know if there are any other questions you have.

Dave

Terry, when did you order yours? I hate to call my dealer today, don't want to become pest, but they told me I would see mine on Sep 6th. Do you have a vin # yet? I thought getting mine in a week was a bit too soon. Most posts I've read are closer to three weeks after build. If that's the case mine should be getting close. :shift:

Brian, sorry for the late response, but I just saw your message. I STILL have no VIN and no idea when I'll have the car.

Dave

Good to meet you JSK...take a look at the FAQs at the below link. Let us know if there are any other questions you have.

Dave

Brian, sorry for the late response, but I just saw your message. I STILL have no VIN and no idea when I'll have the car.

Dave

Good Stuff there by way of that link, Dave.....or is it Terry...I'm all confused :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Just order a vert, blue, trim package and ugrade on the sound system. Delevery due in Jan. Currently own a 65 white vert with 20,000 miles

Welcome, ILSTANG! January, not bad at all! What are ADMs running these days in your neck of the woods? Small dealer? Whatever you'd like to share I'm sure will be appreciated by all.

My best friend had a 65 blue vert (289 4bbl) back int eh 60s when I had my 68 s-code -- sweet cars all!!!

Hope you enjoy hangin' here -- great site ...have fun!

-Dan

Hey everybody,

I am new to this forum and I apologize for repeating the question. But any recent news on the GT500KR? I am thinking of buying a GT500 after this winter season but I am wondering whethere I should wait or not for a KR. I used to own a 2000 mustang and just sold it. My brother just bought an 06 GT! Will they be making a KR and will it be worth the wait, and I am sure the extra $$$? Will it look any different than the GT500, other than a lighter, on diet 500? I saw a photoshop image of a mustang that has the tail lights going all the way across, like the old ones, but any chance of those changes or is that for 2009? Thanks everyone.

Welcome, MAD -

Can't help you with your questions, but if you browse around here and hang out - I'm sure you'll be the first to know what's up.

We have a very savvy group of members here.

And - some members who need immediate therapy. :bandance:

Ruf -

edit: Dan - I haven't been getting email notifications again - for at least 5 days.

Edited by RUFDRAFT

I just registered but have been lurking for many, many months :) You are a great bunch of folks, no evil here - ha ha. I feel like I am at an AA meeting :party: Hi! My name is Cal! I am a Shelbyaholic! As you can see from my sig, I have a 2005 Mustang GT. She is Torch Red, red interior yada yada yada. I signed up and was 1st on the list for the GT500 in El Paso Texas back in May 2005 - only to be ADM'd out later on!

Anyhow, I am still "determined" to own one of these fine machines ... eventually when/if the market calms down. The only previous Mustang I have owned was a 1969 Mustang Mach1 with a 302 Boss. Sold her for $1,400 in 1984. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Live and learn :)

Cheers from Austin!

-Cal

Welcome mad103 and 05Stangster.

Re the 500KR -- the black pic with the lights across the back and dual-dualies was just a photoshop I did -- sorry if I got you going on that. I haven't heard any good (sourced) rumors on the KR.

Good luck to you both -- and if I hear anything new out here at Vegas show next week, I'll post as soon as I can.

-Dan

Hey everybody,

I am new to this forum and I apologize for repeating the question. But any recent news on the GT500KR? I am thinking of buying a GT500 after this winter season but I am wondering whethere I should wait or not for a KR. I used to own a 2000 mustang and just sold it. My brother just bought an 06 GT! Will they be making a KR and will it be worth the wait, and I am sure the extra $$$? Will it look any different than the GT500, other than a lighter, on diet 500? I saw a photoshop image of a mustang that has the tail lights going all the way across, like the old ones, but any chance of those changes or is that for 2009? Thanks everyone.

Welcome! Check out our FAQ section...although it doesn't contain any KR info.

Dave

I just registered but have been lurking for many, many months :) You are a great bunch of folks, no evil here - ha ha. I feel like I am at an AA meeting :party: Hi! My name is Cal! I am a Shelbyaholic! As you can see from my sig, I have a 2005 Mustang GT. She is Torch Red, red interior yada yada yada. I signed up and was 1st on the list for the GT500 in El Paso Texas back in May 2005 - only to be ADM'd out later on!

Anyhow, I am still "determined" to own one of these fine machines ... eventually when/if the market calms down. The only previous Mustang I have owned was a 1969 Mustang Mach1 with a 302 Boss. Sold her for $1,400 in 1984. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Live and learn :)

Cheers from Austin!

-Cal

Welcome! Hang in there and you'll find a way to get one. Check out http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3419

Dave

Hey everybody,

Don't think we have firm enough info on the KR yet...or even if there will be one....give it some time. For now it's all speculation.

Dave

Hi everyone.

GT500 owner from NJ checking in. I actually ordered my car on 10/13(Yeah, I know Fri the 13th) .Which I will admit made me kinda nervous. Vista Blue w/ tungsten stripes. I was given an eta of 6-8 weeks (yeah right) .Mine was their last allocation(3) and number 2 wasn't built yet. The dealership told me they were expecting their 1st GT500 any day,but it was presold to a dealer in Oregon.

I recieved a phone call on monday 10/16 from a friend who works for the dealer saying their first GT500 had arrived and was being unloaded. I told him I would stop by later in the day. I stopped by around 1 , looked the car over , talked to my friend and headed home around 2. I was 5 mins away from the dealership when my cell phone rang. "The Red one is available if you want it,the dealer backed out" , I was set on blue since I just traded in my Red 06 GT. I told them give me an hour or so to think it over.

Well , at 3:30 I was back at the dealership "signing and driving" . Red was my second choice, but I am still happy. Best part of it is I didn't have to wait 6-8 weeks. A time frame that I believed would have been longer anyway.

Chrome GT500 wheels on the way :bandance:

Marlon

Hi everyone.

GT500 owner from NJ checking in. I actually ordered my car on 10/13(Yeah, I know Fri the 13th) .Which I will admit made me kinda nervous. Vista Blue w/ tungsten stripes. I was given an eta of 6-8 weeks (yeah right) .Mine was their last allocation(3) and number 2 wasn't built yet. The dealership told me they were expecting their 1st GT500 any day,but it was presold to a dealer in Oregon.

I recieved a phone call on monday 10/16 from a friend who works for the dealer saying their first GT500 had arrived and was being unloaded. I told him I would stop by later in the day. I stopped by around 1 , looked the car over , talked to my friend and headed home around 2. I was 5 mins away from the dealership when my cell phone rang. "The Red one is available if you want it,the dealer backed out" , I was set on blue since I just traded in my Red 06 GT. I told them give me an hour or so to think it over.

Well , at 3:30 I was back at the dealership "signing and driving" . Red was my second choice, but I am still happy. Best part of it is I didn't have to wait 6-8 weeks. A time frame that I believed would have been longer anyway.

Marlon

Welcome Marlon, check out the FAQ at http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3419

Dave

Hi everyone.

Marlon

Welcome Marlon, Congrats. Your going to have to show us some photos when you get it home. what part of the US do you live in ?

Welcome Marlon, check out the FAQ at http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3419

Dave

Thanks Dave, already been there reading up .

Welcome Marlon, Congrats. Your going to have to show us some photos when you get it home. what part of the US do you live in ?

Rob,

I am from NJ. I've had mine since 10/16 just passed the 400 mile mark.

post-7382-1162504284_thumb.jpg

post-7382-1162504310_thumb.jpg

post-7382-1162504332_thumb.jpg

post-7382-1162504284_thumb.jpg

post-7382-1162504310_thumb.jpg

post-7382-1162504332_thumb.jpg

Howdy! As usual, I'm doing everything back asswards. I've posted a little before I found this introduction forum. Patiently (?) waiting for a schedule and the ride of my life. I may have to borrow that cat with the burp gun.

Has anyone seen the black/chamois seats in an Alloy Metallic vert? I'm having second thoughts about those.

Duh! See what I mean? Sorry didn't realize this was in the GT500 (I wish) forum. Only wish I was getting one of those!

Edited by moabman

Your Red coupe looks great. 400 miles and counting. Are you getting used to the clutch on starts? I hear that can be somewhat of a challenge. :shift:

Thanks Rob,

I'm definately getting better. A little chatter once in awhile . :doh:

Edited by mds370