TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

I s'pose its time to introduce myself. My name is Greg. The Shelby is the 6th Mustang I have owned, three of which I still have. My first was/is a '65 GT 4spd/4bbl coupe. I got this car while in high school. Currently, it's non-op. My second Mustang was a '69 Mach 1 390 4spd. I never should have sold that one. My first modular is a '96 GT 5spd, currently my best ET in that car is 12.33/114.666. I see if the Shelby is faster on this coming Wed. I've also had a '95 GT 5spd and a '98 GT 5spd.

I teach Auto Shop at a high school in Walnut Creek, CA.

I look forward to becoming a member of this community.

Welcome!

I wish you lived nearby!

We have a great bunch of Mustang people here.

Congrats on your Shelby. Keep up posted and hang out with us, you hear? :shift:

Great numbers on your '96. Post some pics if you can.

Edited by RUFDRAFT

I s'pose its time to introduce myself. My name is Greg. The Shelby is the 6th Mustang I have owned, three of which I still have. My first was/is a '65 GT 4spd/4bbl coupe. I got this car while in high school. Currently, it's non-op. My second Mustang was a '69 Mach 1 390 4spd. I never should have sold that one. My first modular is a '96 GT 5spd, currently my best ET in that car is 12.33/114.666. I see if the Shelby is faster on this coming Wed. I've also had a '95 GT 5spd and a '98 GT 5spd.

I teach Auto Shop at a high school in Walnut Creek, CA.

I look forward to becoming a member of this community.

Nice stable, Greg! ...and welcome! Hey, maybe you can write-off the Shelby as 'educational materials' for the class <lol>

-Dan

Nice stable, Greg! ...and welcome! Hey, maybe you can write-off the Shelby as 'educational materials' for the class <lol>

Yeah, I can show all of the kids how to roast a pair of tires into oblivion... and look good doing it.

Looks like you got that 96` to hook.

Not really, the best so far is a 1.937 60'. I'm working on it, though. :headscratch:

My '96 GT

Hi I,m Ole. Waiting for my GT500 conv like the rest. Ordered in June but no news yet. Dealer took my large deposit and said thanks. It will maybe come in march to two feet of snow? I'm in Montana waiting for the cold. Is anyone going to the International Mustang meet in Edmonton , Alberta on labor day? Sept. 1-4.

Hello,

Been reading the post here since May, alot of excellent information to say the least. This is my second post, first didn't fly too well. (LOL) I ordered my Shelby from a small dealer, got the VOC 5/09/06, the DORA on 5/31/06 and only partial vin. # so far. The wait is killing me. Ordered the torch red with white stripes, interior upgrade. Already deaf, so I didn't need the 1000 shaker. Went thru the same stuff some here have, had name on 2 different list for year or so, got the call from both within 1 week of each other for me to come in and order, wanted 15k above, said no thank you. Got pissed and went to war, found a small dealer in north Florida to order it for me, $1,500.00 over because of the certification, (after contacting every small dealer in the state). On the map I see there's a few members that are from the Tampa Bay area, I'm in Lutz, (Lutz= Loots) . Promise, no more stories about body parts!

Lutzcat

I'm new here, my second post.

Name is Bob, live in PA.

Got our Shelby 9 August 2006. Car is AMAZING!

Hey, Bob, Welcome!!!

That's a sweet stable you have there, you lucky man ;) the '07 sure looks good in white too.

This is a great site -- you'll love it.

-Dan

Hi everyone!

I've been reading the posts here since earlier this spring. I live in Uppsala, Sweden, with my beatiful wife, kids and a whole bunch of animals! I currently drive a -05 GT which has been quite heavily rebuilt with Steeda parts!

I'm currently waiting for my GT500 to arrive by boat to Stockholm, Sweden in a couple of weeks... :happy feet: :cheerleader: :happy feet: !

I work as a small animal veterinarian and have two clinics here in Sweden.

/Nick

Hi Nick - good to see we have some Mustang fans "over there."

Feel free to hang out with us and give us some info on car ownership in Sweden.

Do you have "ricers" over there, for example? Street racing? Drag strip racing? 93 octane? :shift:

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all, brand new to your web-site. My name is Brian and I too am waiting for my Alloy coupe that was ordered on June 24th. It was a gift given to me by my wife who knew there was no way I would pay the high premiums, but could not live without one. HA! HA! My wife Marilyn is a keeper for sure. My build date was August 28th and rolled off the final line on the 30th. Now I have to wait for a train going east. You would think these Shelby's would get top priority, but I guess not. I curently own a 66 coupe with MA plates PONI66 that I bought in 1980 in New Mexico. That was a replacement for my first Mustang a 1970 Grande. My new Shelby's plates are waiting for me at the registry MYSHLB. Hope to see it soon. Again I'd like to say hello to everyone. :shift:

Hi to all, brand new to your web-site. My name is Brian and I too am waiting for my Alloy coupe that was ordered on June 24th. It was a gift given to me by my wife who knew there was no way I would pay the high premiums, but could not live without one. HA! HA! My wife Marilyn is a keeper for sure. My build date was August 28th and rolled off the final line on the 30th. Now I have to wait for a train going east. You would think these Shelby's would get top priority, but I guess not. I curently own a 66 coupe with MA plates PONI66 that I bought in 1980 in New Mexico. That was a replacement for my first Mustang a 1970 Grande. My new Shelby's plates are waiting for me at the registry MYSHLB. Hope to see it soon. Again I'd like to say hello to everyone. :shift:

Hey, Brian -- welcome! You are one lucky man!! I think you'll enjoy this place, so pull up a keyboard and chill with us ;) Hope she ships quickly for ya..

-Dan

HI Brian, welcome. I have an Alloy coupe on order also...no idea when I'll get it.

Man, I feel like the WalMart greeter here. :hysterical:

HI Brian, welcome. I have an Alloy coupe on order also...no idea when I'll get it.

Man, I feel like the WalMart greeter here. :hysterical:

Terry, when did you order yours? I hate to call my dealer today, don't want to become pest, but they told me I would see mine on Sep 6th. Do you have a vin # yet? I thought getting mine in a week was a bit too soon. Most posts I've read are closer to three weeks after build. If that's the case mine should be getting close. :shift:

My name is Max. Although, I have been viewing and learning alot from this forum, I now have

joined. This is new to me.

I have ordered a red coupe back in May and still waiting. My dealer was not a SVT nor President

award winner, but I just found out that my car is supposed to be built next week. I am hope that I can recieve it by mid October.

I do thank everyone for the information that is on here, as I have learned alot. Does any one

know the paint code for the red? I want to get scoops before I pick up my car.

Hey, welcome, Eph and Prestige!

Prestige, when you get a chance, post some pix and tell eveyone a little about how you're enjoying your new ride! You are your wife are soooo lucky ;)

-Dan

-Hey 68fastback,

Do you have one or have one on the way? Enjoying this car is a understatement!! I'm like a 4 yr. old in a candy store again. This car puts a perminate smile on my face from the point were I take the cover off till it go's back on.

When I seen this car on Barrett Jackson I told my wife ''that car is mine!'' She said as long as we can get kids in the back she was ok wih it. I think I fell 3 times to the phone to call my local dealership to get one ordered. :hysterical: Ya, I know, my wife rules, she even buy's guns for my B-day. (i'm a hunter).

Little did we know that car seats are not made for the GT500. At least not when we put our seats were we want them.

Anyway i'm not exactly computer literate so I will try to figure out how to get pictures on this forum.

On another note, did you see the doctors grabber orange and white GT500, awesome color selection, (mine is black and tungstun) I'm going to maybe steal his idea for my GTKR / GTR. Good pick Doc!!!

-Hey 68fastback,

Do you have one or have one on the way? Enjoying this car is a understatement!! I'm like a 4 yr. old in a candy store again. This car puts a perminate smile on my face from the point were I take the cover off till it go's back on.

When I seen this car on Barrett Jackson I told my wife ''that car is mine!'' She said as long as we can get kids in the back she was ok wih it. I think I fell 3 times to the phone to call my local dealership to get one ordered. :hysterical: Ya, I know, my wife rules, she even buy's guns for my B-day. (i'm a hunter).

Little did we know that car seats are not made for the GT500. At least not when we put our seats were we want them.

Anyway i'm not exactly computer literate so I will try to figure out how to get pictures on this forum.

On another note, did you see the doctors grabber orange and white GT500, awesome color selection, (mine is black and tungstun) I'm going to maybe steal his idea for my GTKR / GTR. Good pick Doc!!!

Hi Prestige... no, I don't have one on order -- I'm waiting to see how prices go and what the Boss302 looks/prices like.

You are one lucky guy!!! ;)

For posting pics, when you're in REPLY mode, scroll down a little to FILE ATTACHMENTS and click BROWSE to select a picture on your computer, then click ADD ATTACHMENT and the file's name will appear in that same dialog box. Then scroll back up to the post you're composing and click where you want the pic (that won't put it there, but it selects the spot you want it). Then scroll back down and click on ADD INTO POST and you're all set.

Good luck and keep smilin' ;)

-Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, my name is Eric. I live in sunny San Diego. I just received my VIN and my est. build date is Oct 23rd. After a long wait in Material Hold Purgatory it looks like my day will soon arrive, relatively speaking. I am a long time lurker on this site and I have learned a ton from some of you seasoned veterans. I look forward to contributing useful info to this forum and meeting new friends across the country.

Blessings,