TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Los Angeles SAAC Car Show

randylasaac

Leave Starbucks at 6:30am at:

Starbucks

Address: 7781 Edinger Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 Phone:(714) 890-9577

It's next to Barnes and Noble.

Mike, Jason and any other TS going to the LASAAC Car Show.

This would allow 1 hour travel and 1/2 hour BS.

Route:

405 N to 10 W- 37 miles

10 W to 4th/5th- 4 miles

Left on Colorado

Santa Monica Pier

Tom

I picked up our Terlingua today and would love to meet up with you guys in the morning. I'll be there around 6, but before 6:30 no problem. Thanks for the invite. :happy feet:

See you at Starbucks guys, drink of shoice and breakfast is on me for any Team Shelby memebr that shows up. :happy feet: Alan before Quad Vente Vanilla Latte :boring: Alan after on the way to Santa Monica with the gang :rockon:

Alan

Get mine to go, I will be there waiting for the eggs and drink, we leaving early sat morning and bring mcquirk something also, thanks, Rick

Very nice of you! But, I'll have the whole crew in tow... :happy feet:

Hey Everyone,

If your are a friend or customer of 281 Motorsport and you are going to any of the shows this weekend, please show your support and wear your 281 t-shirts. If you dont have one let us know and we'll give you one!

Jason, we don't have shirts. Thanks for the offer!

Leann

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Everyone,

If your are a friend or customer of 281 Motorsports and you are going to any of the shows this weekend, please show your support and wear your 281 t-shirts. If you dont have one, let us know and we'll give you one!

Jason,

I am still waiting for the XL 281 Motorsports T Shirt since the Fabulous Fords Forever in April '09. Again, XL...

Tom

well wear it underneath something!

It's cold and cloudy!

You can bare all if the cloud cover burns off in the afternoon. This cold ocean is wrecking our beach weather!

Will try to update the weather report in the am!

well wear it underneath something!

It's cold and cloudy!

You can bare all if the cloud cover burns off in the afternoon. This cold ocean is wrecking our beach weather!

Will try to update the weather report in the am!

Good point. Jason, I wear wear the shirt from Starbucks to the pier and until it gets warm tomorrow...

Tom

BTW, kudos to Randy and the LAASAC crew for organizing/running a great show. Some very nice cars, Mr. Titus was entertaining as usual(plus, I picked up a nice signed poster!) and Randy delivered a running commentary on the various cars and Shelby history that was good stuff.

Here he is:

shelbyshow022.th.jpg

Great times yesterday B) Randy and the LASAAC crew did themselves proud with the show :victory: , well organised and a great location. If you got tired of looking at over a hundred fantastic cars you could walk the pier and check the oddities going on there. I talked to the 'street performer' (as they call themselves) with the Parrots for a while, he said they all line up at 5am for their privilage of being 1 of the 20 chosen to 'work' the pier. Anyway, point is the show was perfect as the weather (OK, 5 degrees cooler maybe ;) ) and I appreciated the opportunity to display with Shelby cars from every era :salute:

Alan

EDIT: Crickey! I forgot to thank Jason, Mrs Jason and the rest of the 281 crew for not only their support of the show, but for sharing their space (and shade) and making thier booth a welcoming sopt for any show participant to hang out a while. I did that several times during the show :party2:

The Tony Sousa Car Show was a blast. Thanks to LASAAC for all the hard work that went into the show. The Santa Monica pier was a perfect location. Look at some beautiful Cobras, eat a funnel cake. Check out some amazing Mustangs, get an ice cream cone. Drool over every Shelby imaginable, enjoy a Harbor burger. Uhhh........................ need some Tums.

Thanks again LASAAC for a perfect day.

Beautiful day.

CIMG0778.jpg

A few of my favs. ( sorry, had to post the SS )

CIMG0770.jpg

CIMG0774.jpg

CIMG0772.jpg

It was a GREAT DAY at the LA SAAC Santa Monica Pier Car Show. I have been a lot of car shows and this was one of elite. It was well organized from entering the pier to Class Check’n and on to your spot for the day.

When I made my way to the Registration Booth, I was greeted by Angie. She was on the ball putting in the “Goodie Bag” wax and your shirt. They had already had the car displays printed out with all your information on it. Perfect!!!

I was looking around after cleaning the stang and said to myself, “That roof on the restraint would be perfect for aerial photos. This restaurant was closed, but I found a door open. Upon entering the manager stated the place was closed. I asked, “I could go on the roof to take photos for all the Mustang Clubs I belong to.” He said, “OK.” So off to the roof we went. The first parts of the photos are from this roof.

Later in the day Rick (pottydr) challenged me to get on the other roof for photos. I accepted the challenge. I went to the bickcycle rental and the Santa Monica Police Post. The access to this roof was from the Santa Monica Pier Maintenance Dept. A little later I saw them on the pier and there I was asking to have access to the roof. Two minutes later I was on the roof. I called Mike McGuirk. After he answered I asked him to tell Rick to turn around and look at the roof. He laughed and the challenge was completed.

It was a sweet day with the TS Members and that is PRICELESS. Enjoy the photos.

Tom

post-23332-1253502144_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502156_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502169_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502180_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502196_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502211_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502224_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502242_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502260_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502280_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502301_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502322_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502344_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502144_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502156_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502169_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502180_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502196_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502211_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502224_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502242_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502260_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502280_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502301_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502322_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253502344_thumb.jpg

Great times yesterday B) Randy and the LASAAC crew did themselves proud with the show :victory: , well organised and a great location. If you got tired of looking at over a hundred fantastic cars you could walk the pier and check the oddities going on there. I talked to the 'street performer' (as they call themselves) with the Parrots for a while, he said they all line up at 5am for their privilage of being 1 of the 20 chosen to 'work' the pier. Anyway, point is the show was perfect as the weather (OK, 5 degrees cooler maybe ;) ) and I appreciated the opportunity to display with Shelby cars from every era :salute:

Alan

EDIT: Crickey! I forgot to thank Jason, Mrs Jason and the rest of the 281 crew for not only their support of the show, but for sharing their space (and shade) and making thier booth a welcoming sopt for any show participant to hang out a while. I did that several times during the show :party2:

Always a pleasure Alan! Thanks for breakfeast as well.

I want to thank all of our volunteers for their hard work and especially Angie Bollinger for her dedication and organizational skills! Angie worked behind the registration table all day adding up all of the ballots and more. It takes a lot of people to make everything go smoothly and we had a lot of good helpers.

I believe our success is the people who participate in our shows and to remember Tony Sousa's love and passion for Shelbys and Mustangs by dedicating our car show to Tony. We try hard to get everything to go as smooth as possible and to make the entire car show a fun day and an opportunity to enjoy old friends and meet new ones. We already have some plans to make next year even better.

Thanks goes out to our guest of honor, Rick Titus for adding us to his busy schedule.

Thank you to everyone who attended!!!!!!!

Archived