TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Los Angeles SAAC Car Show

randylasaac

Start planning ahead!

LASAAC is having our Annual Tony Souza Car Show on September 19th at the Santa Monica Pier. Our Guest of Honor this year is Rick Titus a champion Mustang race driver and son of infamous Shelby American race driver and Trans AM Champion Jerry Titus. Rick will have his personal 2007 Shelby Mustang GT at the show.

The show is space limited to 100 cars so sign up early at our web site LASAAC.org. Applications should be available by August 1, 2009 for this great event, west coast ocean view, beautiful weather and some of the greatest cars in the world!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump, bump, bump.

Don't forget to bring plenty of sun block or a umbrella that can clamp on to your camp chair. And a camera is a must too. :happy feet:

A couple of pictures from last year's event. The gray cloud cover burned off in a couple of hours giving way to some glorious sunshine.

post-4213-1249148990_thumb.jpg post-4213-1249149085_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1249148990_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1249149085_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple more...

post-4213-1249149449_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1249149512_thumb.jpg <--- see this car? OMG is it one bad ass snake!!! Ask the owner to fire it up, and you will hear the sound of his engine in your dreams.

post-4213-1249149449_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1249149512_thumb.jpg

Okay, two more...

post-4213-1249149773_thumb.jpg post-4213-1249149951_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1249149773_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1249149951_thumb.jpg

This will be the show's third year, and because the first two years did not sell out, LASAAC allowed Pantera's, Ford GT's, Tigers as well non-Shelby Mustangs too.

If this year's show is a sell out, and there are more Shelby's who are trying to get in, then non-Shelby cars may not be allowed to partisipate in order to accomidate all things Shelby.

The vetting process will occur when the entries have reached capisity.

Link to sign up form:

http://www.lasaac.org/~lasaac/files/u2/200...tion_mailer.pdf

Nudge, nudge, nudge.

If you are having any trouble joining Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club from our website (that is under construction) just download the Car Show application and check the box for non-member with 2010 membership ($53.00) or write to Chris Bollinger at 1732 Walnut Avenue, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, if you can not attend the show and want to join the club. Membership is only $28.00 a year.

Also, on the car show applications "OPEN" means convertible. "CLOSED" means hardtop. (Not that the class is closed).

Horsbyt and Check6, Randy's post should resolve the joining issue as well as show attendance in one stroke.

You both have the information that you need to join LASAAC.

Bump-diddy, bump, bump. :salute:

Bump-diddy, bump, bump. :salute:

Is LASAAC membership a criteria of participation in the show?

Do you show consideration to Norcal SAAC members?

If I register for the show, will I be bumped if a Shelby wants my"really cool Mustang" slot?

Is LASAAC membership a criteria of participation in the show?

No sir!

Do you show consideration to Norcal SAAC members?

You mean for a discounted entry fee?

If I register for the show, will I be bumped if a Shelby wants my"really cool Mustang" slot?

It's unlikely that you would be bumped. Besides, I would put in a good word for you for whatever that's worth. :hysterical:

Thanks E,

I guess I read something into this post - it sounded like you needed to be an LASAAC member to enter.

Do you have hotel recommendations?

M,

Lot's of great hotels very close to the Pier, but can be VERY expensive. There is a Holiday Inn right on Colorado Ave which is about 75 yards from the pier entrance, and several other hotels right on Ocean ave just a couple of blocks from the pier.

Google "Santa Monica Hotels" and you will get a large list of hotels near the pier. Pick one, and I'll tell you if it's worth the money and if it has good (safe) parking accomidations for your car.

If money is not an object for you, then I recommend the Fairmont Miramar or the Lowe's beach Hotel. A lesser priced hotel close to the pier would be the Doubletree that's on 4th street which is about a 4 minute drive to the pier.

We're all staying at Son of GT's place :hysterical::hysterical: .

The problem with that idea is that I can't provide secured parking for your cars! :hysterical:

The problem with that idea is that I can't provide secured parking for your cars! :hysterical:

OK, now I have it - fly in, stay at E's and drive the SGT to the show. Cool!

Seriously, I am entered and am looking forwarded to seeing my Socal bros in September!

MM

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bump to remind the So Cal folks that this event is now less than a month away, and it's filling up fast.

Archived