TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Owner 2010 Owner!

petmj1

UPDATE: Pics added below...sorry it's little dirty. I wanted to get these up quick so I do not get banned from the board! :)

New owner here and picked up a 2010 model from Long Lewis Ford here in Birmingham, Alabama this past Monday. Traded in an '08 Pontiac G8 GT. Price was $45,300 + taxes, etc. (no options). The color is Sterling Grey Metallic with the silver racing stripes. I haven't driven a manual as a daily driver in over 20+ years but thought this car would be worth learning again...thus, I'm taking things pretty slow until I can work the clutch and transmission smoothly. Basically, I need to learn the car before I can come close to it's performance capacity. Thus far, absolutely loving the car and I'm sure it will get better as I improve my manual skills! Look forward to learning a lot from this site.

post-25679-1247749754_thumb.jpg

post-25679-1247749754_thumb.jpg

New owner here and picked up a 2010 model from Long Lewis Ford here in Birmingham, Alabama this past Monday. Traded in an '08 Pontiac G8 GT. Price was $45,300 + taxes, etc. (no options). The color is Sterling Grey Metallic with the silver racing stripes. I haven't driven a manual as a daily driver in over 20+ years but thought this car would be worth learning again...thus, I'm taking things pretty slow until I can work the clutch and transmission smoothly. Basically, I need to learn the car before I can come close to it's performance capacity. Thus far, absolutely loving the car and I'm sure I'll it will get better as I improve my manual skills! Look forward to learning a lot from this site.

Welcome to the site and the forum.Theyve helped me alot in making my purcahse and taking delivery last month.At least you short-circuited the knashing of the teeth part of the process,and just bought the car.Its really a great ride isnt it.Very short thrwo shifter and very easy clutch.There is a rev limiter so you dont have to worry about overreving.Curious if the dealer set up the supercharger for you.Have you noticed your boost gauge on the dash moving on hard acceleration??For me the easiest way to see if its working, id to get it into 5th gear,and put it o the floor--youll see the boost gauge go up.If it doesnt just drive it on the highway for around 6/ miles at speed and the SC will set itself. Good luck

thanks all...this seems like a really informed site.

I'll try to post pics soon....the supercharger did not kick in until we drove on the highway...it was about 10 miles then did a shut off and restart. However, I do see the PSI reading now during a solid pull. While in 2nd, I gave it a good throttle and noticed the boost reading. Can become addictive! :) Right now the car is my daily driver, we have pretty mild weather here in Birmingham....it just gets hot and humid but rarely do we see ice. I do plan, however, to pick up a less expensive daily driver down the road as to not put too many miles on the 500.

thanks all...this seems like a really informed site.

I'll try to post pics soon....the supercharger did not kick in until we drove on the highway...it was about 10 miles then did a shut off and restart. However, I do see the PSI reading now during a solid pull. While in 2nd, I gave it a good throttle and noticed the boost reading. Can become addictive! :) Right now the car is my daily driver, we have pretty mild weather here in Birmingham....it just gets hot and humid but rarely do we see ice. I do plan, however, to pick up a less expensive daily driver down the road as to not put too many miles on the 500.

can't wait to see the pic's...i love that color combo. Take some of the interior also...i want to see how the stripes look on the seats.

SLC

That silly Aussie car is a great daily driver and very fast with just a few mods, I should know I own one. ;)

I really did like the G8 GT....I had it over 18 months and put about 20K miles on it. Did a full x-pipe. Great daily driver. I really wanted to keep it but the wife did not want to give up her Ford Edge. I just could not say no to the Shelby after I saw it and what I've read about it.

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! That's my car (except with stripes).....and of course, without a VIN!!! Any mods planned??

Thanks.....At this time, no plans to mod it for a while. If anything, I could see possibly doing some type of exhaust work to make it a little louder. I also plan to put a nice quality tint on the windows as well.

UPDATE: Pics added below...sorry it's little dirty. I wanted to get these up quick so I do not get banned from the board! :)

New owner here and picked up a 2010 model from Long Lewis Ford here in Birmingham, Alabama this past Monday. Traded in an '08 Pontiac G8 GT. Price was $45,300 + taxes, etc. (no options). The color is Sterling Grey Metallic with the silver racing stripes. I haven't driven a manual as a daily driver in over 20+ years but thought this car would be worth learning again...thus, I'm taking things pretty slow until I can work the clutch and transmission smoothly. Basically, I need to learn the car before I can come close to it's performance capacity. Thus far, absolutely loving the car and I'm sure it will get better as I improve my manual skills! Look forward to learning a lot from this site.

Congrats, Hope you enjoy it.

Cobra2010

Archived