TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Try Auto Trader for 2010 GT500s

War Eagle

Guys, if you are looking for a 2010 you may want to do a search on Auto trader in addition to Ebay. When I did a search on AT I found several dozen GT500s sitting on Dealer lots. There are also eight or ten regularly on Ebay as well.

The ones on Ebay have not been selling that well, you can go to "completed listings" and check for yourself. A lot of Dealers are asking MSRP or above, and that is hurting the sales of the cars. My only concern is that Ford will look at the number sitting on Dealer lots and cut back on production. I don't know how so many Dealer orders got filled when there are Private Owners who wanted to order cars.

I don't know what Ford is going to do to help the Dealers out with all of those KRs sitting out there. I am afraid they will have to get them down to around $60,000 before they get any takers at all for them. There are a lot of them all over the place.

Steve

Guys, if you are looking for a 2010 you may want to do a search on Auto trader in addition to Ebay. When I did a search on AT I found several dozen GT500s sitting on Dealer lots. There are also eight or ten regularly on Ebay as well.

The ones on Ebay have not been selling that well, you can go to "completed listings" and check for yourself. A lot of Dealers are asking MSRP or above, and that is hurting the sales of the cars. My only concern is that Ford will look at the number sitting on Dealer lots and cut back on production. I don't know how so many Dealer orders got filled when there are Private Owners who wanted to order cars.

I don't know what Ford is going to do to help the Dealers out with all of those KRs sitting out there. I am afraid they will have to get them down to around $60,000 before they get any takers at all for them. There are a lot of them all over the place.

Steve

WOW--that was interesting--as you say there are 12 cars,all colors,including white.Weird though, all but 2 were ragtops,so maybe theyre not getting many vert orders,and need to make some ans hipped them to dealers,Theres a GB vert thats a real killer.Suggest you put minimum price of 45,000 so you dont get a whole lots of GTs--they also had a Roush 427 GT,black that looked great

WOW--that was interesting--as you say there are 12 cars,all colors,including white.Weird though, all but 2 were ragtops,so maybe theyre not getting many vert orders,and need to make some ans hipped them to dealers,Theres a GB vert thats a real killer.Suggest you put minimum price of 45,000 so you dont get a whole lots of GTs--they also had a Roush 427 GT,black that looked great

Some of them are sold already or at least the dealers I checked in the past no longer have them in inventory, but still show up in Autotrader.

Steve

I think what is hurting car sales is the credit crunch and the economy. There's not a big market for a $50K car right now including BMW and Mercedes. There's plenty of GT500 ( at least 7 ZR1) in my area (Bay Area), some have ADM some don't but they are not moving. Its a tough market right now for dealers to move cars. To bad none of the GT500 in my area is the color I am looking for, performance white with no stripes because I want to add my own Oval Blue stripes to it.

The problem with selling these cars is that the factory allows dealers to put on ADM's, which limits the population who both want and can afford these cars. That's why there still exists new 08's and 09's in inventory. I am paying slightly under MSRP for mine and if there was an ADM to pay, I personally would NOT be buying one. Even the Camaro V6 has an ADM on it. I'ts easier to persuade 1 million people out of $1 than $1 million dollars from one person. Someone from Ford marketing and sales should monitor sights like this to get real customer feedback. Never mind the marketing focus groups.

The problem with selling these cars is that the factory allows dealers to put on ADM's, which limits the population who both want and can afford these cars. That's why there still exists new 08's and 09's in inventory. I am paying slightly under MSRP for mine and if there was an ADM to pay, I personally would NOT be buying one. Even the Camaro V6 has an ADM on it. I'ts easier to persuade 1 million people out of $1 than $1 million dollars from one person. Someone from Ford marketing and sales should monitor sights like this to get real customer feedback. Never mind the marketing focus groups.

Im using this car as a way out of the depression associated with the recession--paid MSRP for mine and Im happy as a clam with it

Im using this car as a way out of the depression associated with the recession--paid MSRP for mine and Im happy as a clam with it

Bob, Can I quote you on that?

Everybody keeps asking me if my car is a "mid life crisis". Well, I will be 44 this year, so if I knew I'd live to be 88, then YES, I am at the mid-way mark. Call it what you will - This car just ROCKS, its a PLEASURE to drive, gets looks EVERYWHERE you go, it runs like the devil, and FORD gets credit for fit & finish and quality of materials...

Bob, Can I quote you on that?

Everybody keeps asking me if my car is a "mid life crisis". Well, I will be 44 this year, so if I knew I'd live to be 88, then YES, I am at the mid-way mark. Call it what you will - This car just ROCKS, its a PLEASURE to drive, gets looks EVERYWHERE you go, it runs like the devil, and FORD gets credit for fit & finish and quality of materials...

Hey Al (Cobra010), these guys are just "Kids" at age 44 etc. Maybe we should tell them about the good old days in the late 60's when muscle cars were King and gas was 25 cents a gallon. :D

Heck my first car was a 1954 Ford Flathead and it was only 10 years old when I bought it. :shift:

I am 60 years old, soon to be 61 and will never grow up, just ask my wife.

Steve

Sure--my fav quote though is "you have to grow old ,but can stay immature forever"--bob

PS - im curous how since our cars were built the same day,how clos are the VIN numbers--whats your last 4 numbers--bob, mine is 8161.

Even @ MSRP, these cars are not moving. The factory can't control what the dealers due in regards to ADMs, Nissan tried to prevent their dealers from doing the same thing to the Nissan GTR but because these dealers are independantly owned, all they got were letters suggesting no ADM and the factory can't control anything beyond that by law. If you find a dealer with ADM, don't be afraid to deal with them, I found a 2010 GTR that was priced @ $94K, after about 30 minutes we got it down to $1,000 over invoice.

Finally did it, found one on Autotrader exactlly what I wanted for MSRP in FL. Some of the listing on Autotrader are a little messed up. Found one listed for 3300 under MSRP and when I called it was actually 8k over, or so they say! Call around, I found a lot of colors for sticker, most avail is Grabber with White and Kona Blue with White. Flying out at the end of the month and making a road trip out of it!!

At least the rumor of the 2000 car cap is known to be incorrect.

Yep, that seems to be put to rest..however, there is still a bunch of us out here with orders in...and it's looking like they're not going to be pulled at the moment.

I'm really thinking about doing what Silversnake2001 did. I'm hesitant to cancel my order however - I don't know why....is there much extra paperwork involved in purchasing a car from another state? Is there any way to have the car delivered to a local Ford dealer instead of picking it up? Also I have the issue of a trade-in to resolve too. UGH! I don't know what to do any more! :cry:

I really wish things were simpler when it comes to this. I feel like I'm making myself sick over it.

Steve

Great suggestion - been trying to track down a 2010 GT500 torch red convertible here in Texas, but have only been pitched 'alternatives'.

May end up flying then driving half way across the country, to get what I like, but will be worth it.

Rod

Yea the waiting game was killing me too. I almost settled for a different color than what I wanted, just to get the car, but I'm glad I waited and got what I orginally wanted. I didn't cancle my order unitl I put money down on the car I wanted just in case. I talked to my dealer just last week and he had no idea when my order was going to be pulled, but was confident that it would be pulled one day. The dealer in LA who sold the GT500 for 69k was trying to convince me that Ford was stopping production all together. He brought up the 2000 cap number which I called BS to him and sited our forum and autoblog.com. He still wouldn't sell it for sticker. Yea I'm not to fond of doing a cross country road trip but I'm going to make the best out of it, stopping at major cities on the way and seeing my good friend in Austin, Tx. At least I'll have a story to go with this car..lol..

Oh BTW, I check Ebay everyday and it seems like a few new ones pop up daily, so it shouldn't be too hard to find what your looking for. Just say no to ADM!!!

Yea the waiting game was killing me too. I almost settled for a different color than what I wanted, just to get the car, but I'm glad I waited and got what I orginally wanted. I didn't cancle my order unitl I put money down on the car I wanted just in case. I talked to my dealer just last week and he had no idea when my order was going to be pulled, but was confident that it would be pulled one day. The dealer in LA who sold the GT500 for 69k was trying to convince me that Ford was stopping production all together. He brought up the 2000 cap number which I called BS to him and sited our forum and autoblog.com. He still wouldn't sell it for sticker. Yea I'm not to fond of doing a cross country road trip but I'm going to make the best out of it, stopping at major cities on the way and seeing my good friend in Austin, Tx. At least I'll have a story to go with this car..lol..

Oh BTW, I check Ebay everyday and it seems like a few new ones pop up daily, so it shouldn't be too hard to find what your looking for. Just say no to ADM!!!

if you come thru Atl,love to meet you and the car.If interested send me a PM

Archived