TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger whine

8camaro

Did you already put a whipple on the 2010 or you just like how they sound? I would assume that just upgrading the supercharger would make the whine more noticeable again but i could be wrong. That would be expensive though and other than that, no i do not know of anything that we can do. New hood maybe? dunno

Did you already put a whipple on the 2010 or you just like how they sound? I would assume that just upgrading the supercharger would make the whine more noticeable again but i could be wrong. That would be expensive though and other than that, no i do not know of anything that we can do. New hood maybe? dunno

I am noticing the 2010 GT500 whine is a lot quieter due to Ford wanting to suppressing the sound, I would like to make it whine like a Whipple or TVS without swapping the supercharger out.

Willing to bet that swapping out the CAI to an after market version will restore most of the whine....to my knowledge that is the major change between the 2009 and 2010 in regard to the whine. The after market tuners could probably answer that question but not sure they have a 2010 yet.

SVT told one of the mag guys if you want more sound out of the blower, change the air filter out to a K&N or something less restrictive and that will bring back the blower sound.

good idea--let us know what KN number works

there is a device in the inlet tube to lower the sound, you can just remove that

Take apart your factory CAI and you will see it behind the MAF before the TB

Thanks, I just found an article by CarandDriver that said "Ford engineered the snorkel to suppress the whine".

Would changing to a K&N require a retune? Im wondering because they are less restrictive but im not sure its enough to cause and issue.

I think you will need to change the whole unit not just the filter because the article said they designed the "snorkel" to suppress the sound not the filter, then again I maybe wrong.

They have a NVH Team! :play:

All of their fine work will be for nought as our NAD (noise addition team) goes to work on our cars. :D

"Quote

The Shelby’s distinct sounds will be apparent as always, though with new refinements, thanks to the work of the Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) team. A patented resonator placed between the air filter and engine throttle body helps keep unwanted noise in check.

“You still hear the supercharger but not so that it’s intrusive,” said Kerry Baldori, chief functional engineer for SVT. “It’s the same with the exhaust. You want people to know you’re driving something special, but you don’t want an exhaust note that overpowers the whole interior.

“We spent a lot of time getting the right sound quality out of the exhaust so you get that nice, crisp Shelby sound outside and a pleasant sound inside the cabin. It’s a nice balance; one isn’t overpowering the other.”

They have a NVH Team! :play:

"Quote

The Shelby’s distinct sounds will be apparent as always, though with new refinements, thanks to the work of the Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) team. A patented resonator placed between the air filter and engine throttle body helps keep unwanted noise in check.

“You still hear the supercharger but not so that it’s intrusive,” said Kerry Baldori, chief functional engineer for SVT. “It’s the same with the exhaust. You want people to know you’re driving something special, but you don’t want an exhaust note that overpowers the whole interior.

“We spent a lot of time getting the right sound quality out of the exhaust so you get that nice, crisp Shelby sound outside and a pleasant sound inside the cabin. It’s a nice balance; one isn’t overpowering the other.”

How about just the Vibration and Harshness team only and fire the Noise dept.??

Archived