TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What color are the mirrors?

mavilez

I am unsure what color the mirror housing should be on the truck. I have two trucks and both sets of mirrors look to be gray plastic, and the fenders appear to be a similar color. I know that the fender flares were black semi gloss, but what about the mirrors. I may be incorrect on both of these. Any input would be appreciated. Even on the other plastic pieces (grill, bumpers, front ground effect, etc..)

I am unsure what color the mirror housing should be on the truck. I have two trucks and both sets of mirrors look to be gray plastic, and the fenders appear to be a similar color. I know that the fender flares were black semi gloss, but what about the mirrors. I may be incorrect on both of these. Any input would be appreciated. Even on the other plastic pieces (grill, bumpers, front ground effect, etc..)

The mirrors are a unpainted semi gloss black plastic. Like the fender flares, grille, etc the black fades to a grayish black color. You can polish the mirror housings back to a black color but usually the polishing results in a glossy color. Probably better to scuff them and shoot them with paint.

If you unbolt the mirrors from the doors you can see what the correct black looks like by looking inside the mirror housing where it bolts to the door.

Steve

Archived