TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sprint Booster Power Converter

Yes, I have one on my Smart car, and because it did such an incredible job of waking the throttle response up, I contacted Sprint and asked them to consider making one for the Mustang.

They agreed and just released the unit about a month ago. I was given the honor of getting one of the first production units and can tell you that it really does work extreemly well and that I am very pleased with the car's throttle response since I installed the unit in my car.

It take much less throttle input now which helps in 0 to 60 times as well as throttle response after downshifting.

Does it make the car "jumpy" and too throttle-sensitive? Or...maybe that's a good thing... :lol:

Does it make the car "jumpy" and too throttle-sensitive? Or...maybe that's a good thing... :lol:

That only happens if you go over a bump at take off. The throttle is much more sensitive, but not to the point of being annoying. If your foot bounces on the pedal, the car will be jumpy for a brief moment or two.

Just got one via FEDEX today for my GT. Will let you know what the verdict is after the trial. Heard good things about it though. We'll see.

You will love it. The change might feel subtile to you at first, but believe me it really does improve the car's response. I found that my clutch chatter has been reduced too.

How does thing work? It sounds great, but I don't quite understand what a power booster is. :headscratch:

Basically it increases the micro voltage from the throttle input sensor to the throttle body which essentally is telling the throttle body that you want it open NOW.

Basically it increases the micro voltage from the throttle input sensor to the throttle body which essentally is telling the throttle body that you want it open NOW.

Cool man, sounds good to me! Can't wait to hear the other feedback :lurk:

• 5 years later...

I don't have any noticeable throttle lag at all. If I ever did I think the Steeda performance pulley I added must've taken care of it.

• 1 year later...

I remember what we called a "Hollywood Tune-Up": clean the spark plugs and stretch the throttle return spring. Required less force on the gas pedal to get the same response as previously, creating the illusion of more power. I'd guess this falls in the same category. Customers raved about it.

Archived