TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Democrat's Health Care Plan

Here's a little something on what Obama & the congressional democrats want to do with health care:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/14...quicker-action/

And I quote, "...a sweeping health care bill that would require all Americans to buy affordable insurance."

So this administration is going to force me to buy a product. Since when did this country come under a dictatorship? If I'm a healthy person and have enough savings to cover my heath care costs, why the F*** do I have to buy insurance? And who is going to decide what is "affordable" to me?

Here's a little something on what Obama & the congressional democrats want to do with health care:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/14...quicker-action/

And I quote, "...a sweeping health care bill that would require all Americans to buy affordable insurance."

So this administration is going to force me to buy a product. Since when did this country come under a dictatorship? If I'm a healthy person and have enough savings to cover my heath care costs, why the F*** do I have to buy insurance? And who is going to decide what is "affordable" to me?

And who is going to decide what is "affordable" to me?

Obama's soon to be appointed health insurance czar....that's who!

I would love to see what would happen if the ones deciding on all this crap only made $25,000.00 a Year before Taxes (thats still more then me :cry: ). I would bet that things would be a whole lot different.

Boy - some crap is going to hit the fan over this one. :fan:

Why don't they try to lower health care costs? My mother spent 7 days in a hospital last year for a broken arm and the bill was $47,000. :banghead:

Sorry Ruf but that would be the intelligent thing to do.

I can't believe the "R" word is coming out of my mouth, but there has got to be some regulation on what you can sue doctors for and how much you can get. That's why health care is so expensive. This sue-happy society has the medical industry running scared. My doctor friend says nearly 1/2 his income goes to malpractice insurance. Doctors have to charge an arm and a leg just to pay for potential law suits. It's ridiculous.

Lets not forget the cost of hospitals being forced to treat illegals that don't have insurance which also drastically increases cost to medical care so they can make up for all the unpaid cost from the illegals uninsured!

Forcing health insurance on everyone will not reduce costs! It will increase costs! Just like it did with auto insurance! That was going to reduce cost as well, but it did the opposite! Mandatory health insurance will be much much worse!

Lets not forget the cost of hospitals being forced to treat illegals that don't have insurance which also drastically increases cost to medical care so they can make up for all the unpaid cost from the illegals uninsured!

Forcing health insurance on everyone will not reduce costs! It will increase costs! Just like it did with auto insurance! That was going to reduce cost as well, but it did the opposite! Mandatory health insurance will be much much worse!

Don't even get me started on illegals. :banghead:

I would love to see what would happen if the ones deciding on all this crap only made $25,000.00 a Year before Taxes (thats still more then me :cry: ). I would bet that things would be a whole lot different.

I want to see how every American that has this forced on them get the SAME healthcare our politicians get! THAT is what Obama promised everyone! THAT is what he promised in order to shove this through! He told us we are entitled to the SAME healthcare they get! Only this will be nothing at all close to the healthcare they get! It will result in less care for those who have insurance now because this will wipe out private insurance from being able to compete with low cost, poor coverage that the government will give as everyone flocks to this program to save a buck!

Sorry Ruf but that would be the intelligent thing to do.

I can't believe the "R" word is coming out of my mouth, but there has got to be some regulation on what you can sue doctors for and how much you can get. That's why health care is so expensive. This sue-happy society has the medical industry running scared. My doctor friend says nearly 1/2 his income goes to malpractice insurance. Doctors have to charge an arm and a leg just to pay for potential law suits. It's ridiculous.

Don't forget about all of the Doctors Bilking and Scamming Medicare,Medicade and all the others out of Billions of Dollars each Year.

Also don't forget about the pharmaceutical companies. The US subsidizes the rest of the world's drug R&D and the foreign gov'ts that cap drug prices. Yet how many millions of dollars are the drug companies spending to air commercials in which they essentially have the consumer self-diagnose and tell them to tell their doctors what kind of prescriptions they need. Give me a break, we've become a society of hypocondriacs!!!!! Ban commercials by drug companies, stop the ambulance chasers, give small business a tax incentive to offer health insurance, cap the Dr.'s malpractice premiums as well as cap punitive damages on lawsuits, and let capitalism dictate who gets insurance. Then wait and see how much individuals premiums come down.

SD,

Being in the medical proffesion I have to say it is a good thing to treat everyone the same whether legal or illegal. I agree that forcing health care on everyone will not reduce cost, however, there are "illegals" everywhere who are trying to become legal citizens and work harder than some of the legal ones. Here is the kicker, my father at 69 yrs old who is still working used to work in the department of chidren and family and guess what, it wasn't the illegals that formed the line out the door for food stamps, housing and other aid while driving Escalades and Hummers and have nice jewelry. The illegals in my area work on farms for the legal citizens who employ them for well below what we would work for out there, that is a fact, don't believe me come to my area and I will show you around Homestead/Redlands area of FL and you be the judge. May I add that when the "illegals" come to the hospitals to my surprise they pull out cash to pay and we have to tell them that no money is needed untill treatments are rendered, we will send you a bill-

If a "illegal" infant came in the hospital and you're the first one they run to because the infant is in respiratory distress and blue are you going to say "sorry you're an illegal, I can't treat you"? I'm glad that it is mandated to treat everyone in the hospitals insured or noninsured, legal or illegal black, white, yellow, brown, red, purple, male or female, young or old, "we are all created equal".

SD,

Being in the medical proffesion I have to say it is a good thing to treat everyone the same whether legal or illegal. I agree that forcing health care on everyone will not reduce cost, however, there are "illegals" everywhere who are trying to become legal citizens and work harder than some of the legal ones. Here is the kicker, my father at 69 yrs old who is still working used to work in the department of chidren and family and guess what, it wasn't the illegals that formed the line out the door for food stamps, housing and other aid while driving Escalades and Hummers and have nice jewelry. The illegals in my area work on farms for the legal citizens who employ them for well below what we would work for out there, that is a fact, don't believe me come to my area and I will show you around Homestead/Redlands area of FL and you be the judge. May I add that when the "illegals" come to the hospitals to my surprise they pull out cash to pay and we have to tell them that no money is needed untill treatments are rendered, we will send you a bill-

If a "illegal" infant came in the hospital and you're the first one they run to because the infant is in respiratory distress and blue are you going to say "sorry you're an illegal, I can't treat you"? I'm glad that it is mandated to treat everyone in the hospitals insured or noninsured, legal or illegal black, white, yellow, brown, red, purple, male or female, young or old, "we are all created equal".

Excellent post!

The only argument you'll get from me here, is "there are "illegals" everywhere who are trying to become legal citizens". There is a world of difference between legal immigration and illegal. I agree that you can not turn away people in need of acute care, regardless of their status.

Dan

Excellent post!

The only argument you'll get from me here, is "there are "illegals" everywhere who are trying to become legal citizens". There is a world of difference between legal immigration and illegal. I agree that you can not turn away people in need of acute care, regardless of their status.

Dan

I agree - "illegal" is the key word.

edit - In the meantime, have fun watching some border invasion videos!

http://www.borderinvasionpics.com/index.html#FeaturedTop

Archived