TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some Positive News

War Eagle

As many of you know I had an order that was entered on 5/29 but without an allocation. The Dealer did not inform me that there was no allocation for the order until five weeks later.

Below is the response I received early this morning from my email to Ford last week. I have deleted the Gentlemans name and contact information to respect his privacy. In the meantime I have also been contacted by a Dealer that has allocation that has also offered to order a car for me. Looks like I will be driving a Torch Red sometime down the road. :happy feet:

................................................................................

Mr. Dunn - I have been forwarded your e-mail to assist on your GT500 order. I work for Ford Field Operations that handles the vehicle allocations for the U.S. market. We are investigating this morning to see if we can make additional Mustang Shelby GT500 allocation available to hold your purchase in place (translation - build your unit). Please give us 24 hours to respond. I hope to have some news for you by Close of business today. Thank you,

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Market Area Manager

Field Operations

Ph: 313-xxx-xxxx Cell: 248-xxx-xxxx

Fax: 313-xxx-xxxx

xxxxxxx@ford.com

WarEagle, that is good news.

Your situation is what I've been trying to convey in other threads. Just because a dealer takes your deposit/order on a certain date doesn't mean that Ford has the order in their system. Dealers like this are doing nothing but playing games hoping that they MAY get an allocation in the future or that you'll get tired of waiting and purchase a different Mustang off their lot.

Some things just never change.

Steve

As many of you know I had an order that was entered on 5/29 but without an allocation. The Dealer did not inform me that there was no allocation for the order until five weeks later.

Below is the response I received early this morning from my email to Ford last week. I have deleted the Gentlemans name and contact information to respect his privacy. In the meantime I have also been contacted by a Dealer that has allocation that has also offered to order a car for me. Looks like I will be driving a Torch Red sometime down the road. :happy feet:

................................................................................

Mr. Dunn - I have been forwarded your e-mail to assist on your GT500 order. I work for Ford Field Operations that handles the vehicle allocations for the U.S. market. We are investigating this morning to see if we can make additional Mustang Shelby GT500 allocation available to hold your purchase in place (translation - build your unit). Please give us 24 hours to respond. I hope to have some news for you by Close of business today. Thank you,

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Market Area Manager

Field Operations

xxxxxxx@ford.com

Thats great news,seems like some progress.Red after all should get the most attention!!

Your situation is what I've been trying to convey in other threads. Just because a dealer takes your deposit/order on a certain date doesn't mean that Ford has the order in their system. Dealers like this are doing nothing but playing games hoping that they MAY get an allocation in the future or that you'll get tired of waiting and purchase a different Mustang off their lot.

Steve

I know there are some really dumb dealers out there, but I just can't imagine how any dealer would think someone waiting for a GT500 would just get tired of waiting to the point of buying a regular mustang off the lot. Perhaps if it was a regular mustang they ordered then they might, but not a regular mustang over a GT500!

We will get at least one for 2010 and I was just recently told they are going to try and get it scheduled for September's build, but because I have no definite confirmation on that I have not listed or offered it for sale yet. It is not a question of IF we get one. We WILL get at least one, but I just can't confirm when we will get it and I know some people get tired of waiting without knowing for sure when will come. So until I know for certain when is I won't advertise it. At this point the best I can guess is October would be the soonest before we get it and could be much longer!

The first 3 years they at least could tell us within 3 months of getting our allocation. Now no one seems to know anything and I can't find out.

I know there are some really dumb dealers out there, but I just can't imagine how any dealer would think someone waiting for a GT500 would just get tired of waiting to the point of buying a regular mustang off the lot. Perhaps if it was a regular mustang they ordered then they might, but not a regular mustang over a GT500!

We will get at least one for 2010 and I was just recently told they are going to try and get it scheduled for September's build, but because I have no definite confirmation on that I have not listed or offered it for sale yet. It is not a question of IF we get one. We WILL get at least one, but I just can't confirm when we will get it and I know some people get tired of waiting without knowing for sure when will come. So until I know for certain when is I won't advertise it. At this point the best I can guess is October would be the soonest before we get it and could be much longer!

The first 3 years they at least could tell us within 3 months of getting our allocation. Now no one seems to know anything and I can't find out.

Because you are doing an honest old fashion right to the point business, things are changing now and it is hard to find that gold quality any more in business, it exists but rare.

Steve

So tell me this. If a dealer DOES NOT have an allocation and they place an order, will the order ever show up in Fords system?

-What I am asking is if the dealer does not have an allocation but they give you an order number and all other info you need to check with Ford customer service. Will Ford CS have any infomation, will the order show up in their system, or will the order be denied? How would we the buyer ever know? Or how can we find out?

What was the original email address that you sent your letter to? (just in case some of us might need it.)

So tell me this. If a dealer DOES NOT have an allocation and they place an order, will the order ever show up in Fords system?

-What I am asking is if the dealer does not have an allocation but they give you an order number and all other info you need to check with Ford customer service. Will Ford CS have any infomation, will the order show up in their system, or will the order be denied? How would we the buyer ever know? Or how can we find out?

All good questions...you would think that the minute the order is placed by the dealership in the system, they should be able to give you a link or something to check the order status yourself.

Hmmm...maybe someday, when these things called "computers" become really popular...we may have the technology to do something as complex as that..

10gbj0w.gif

All good questions...you would think that the minute the order is placed by the dealership in the system, they should be able to give you a link or something to check the order status yourself.

Hmmm...maybe someday, when these things called "computers" become really popular...we may have the technology to do something as complex as that..

10gbj0w.gif

Until then I will just keep calling customer service. The lady told me one time "feel free to call as often as I want" because order lookup is one of the easiest things they do. Gives them a little break from all the other BS

Until then I will just keep calling customer service. The lady told me one time "feel free to call as often as I want" because order lookup is one of the easiest things they do. Gives them a little break from all the other BS

Since you live in Ga,and not far from Perry, you might want to take a drive to see Michael Morris at Morris Ford,maybe he can help you.I also know hes got 2 more cars coming in (total 4),one in August,and you never know if a buyer will get buyers remorse

What information do they need to look up an order? I'm not too sure...just your name and where you placed the order? My order hasn't been pulled yet from the dealer bank obviously.

What information do they need to look up an order? I'm not too sure...just your name and where you placed the order? My order hasn't been pulled yet from the dealer bank obviously.

You need dealer sales code, model year, body style code, and order number. However if you get a good service rerep they don't need dealer code. So if they tell you need to get it tell them to look it up.

We can place all the orders we want. They will all sit in the order bank. If we do not have allocation they just sit there idle. No vin, no estimated scedule or build dates, just sitting there waiting until Ford pulls the order.

Exactly how much of this shows up on Ford's end when dealing with customer service I wouldn't know. But the order is in the system so I would imagine they could see the order in their but just sitting there unsceduled.

Mine has been ordered since Jan 9th and it just sits there with an order number (which dealers select their own order numbers) and the status just shows unsceduled and on material hold. It has been showing this way since Jan 9th. It will continue to sit there like this until Ford issues us our allocation to get one at which time they will pull the order and schedule a build date. For all vehicles that sit there where dealers never get allocation to get that order pulled the order will show unseceduled and balanced out at the end of the model year after Ford is done building for that model year.

So we can place all the orderd we want. We only get what allocation Ford gives us and any orders in the system that we never get allocation for will never get built! It does not matter if we order it as stock inventory or order it as a sold retail unit to a customer. If you do not have allocation to get it we will never get it.

You need dealer sales code, model year, body style code, and order number. However if you get a good service rerep they don't need dealer code. So if they tell you need to get it tell them to look it up.

Thanks Tdusseau.

We can place all the orders we want. They will all sit in the order bank. If we do not have allocation they just sit there idle. No vin, no estimated schedule or build dates, just sitting there waiting until Ford pulls the order.

Exactly how much of this shows up on Ford's end when dealing with customer service I wouldn't know. But the order is in the system so I would imagine they could see the order in their but just sitting there unscheduled.

Mine has been ordered since Jan 9th and it just sits there with an order number (which dealers select their own order numbers) and the status just shows unscheduled and on material hold. It has been showing this way since Jan 9th. It will continue to sit there like this until Ford issues us our allocation to get one at which time they will pull the order and schedule a build date. For all vehicles that sit there where dealers never get allocation to get that order pulled the order will show unscheduled and balanced out at the end of the model year after Ford is done building for that model year.

So we can place all the ordered we want. We only get what allocation Ford gives us and any orders in the system that we never get allocation for will never get built! It does not matter if we order it as stock inventory or order it as a sold retail unit to a customer. If you do not have allocation to get it we will never get it.

Thanks for the info, Shelbydude. Does this "balanced out" happen often? Meaning that the order sits there the whole model year without getting pulled? Or is this just something that relates to the special production versions of models?

I'm really concerned again about getting my car. I didn't know about "allocations" when I placed my order. I still don't know why dealers would accept the order if they can't get the car. I know Salesmen and Dealerships have a shady reputation..but from this aspect...I just don't know what benefit it is to them to have an order sit there forever?

ANY order that does not get pulled is BALANCED OUT at the end of the model year.

I agree that a dealer should NOT take a order or deposit on a HOPE that they MIGHT get an allocation or an extra allocation! I think its wrong! It makes the customer think hes GOING to get the car and stop looking.

Its just WRONG!

MM

Thanks Tdusseau.

Thanks for the info, Shelbydude. Does this "balanced out" happen often? Meaning that the order sits there the whole model year without getting pulled? Or is this just something that relates to the special production versions of models?

I'm really concerned again about getting my car. I didn't know about "allocations" when I placed my order. I still don't know why dealers would accept the order if they can't get the car. I know Salesmen and Dealerships have a shady reputation..but from this aspect...I just don't know what benefit it is to them to have an order sit there forever?

It happens at the end of production on every model every model year. It does not matter what vehicles are ordered sitting in the system. If the dealer does not get allocation for it Ford will not build it.

In our case pertaining to the 2010 GT500, we WILL get allocation for at least one, we just don't know when. I have two ordered, but will likely only get one of the two. If we don't get both then one will just sit there until the end of production for the 2010 model year and will show unsceduled and balanced out once they are done building the 2010. Between now and the end of the 2010 model year at least ONE of the two will get built but we don't know yet when that will be. It could be the very last month of production for all we know. Until Ford tells us when we just sit and wait!

I agree that a dealer should NOT take a order or deposit on a HOPE that they MIGHT get an allocation or an extra allocation! I think its wrong! It makes the customer think hes GOING to get the car and stop looking.

Its just WRONG!

Couldn't agree more with you obviously. Well, hopefully my dealer wasn't trying to pull anything on me. I never thought in a million years it'd be potentially so hard to get an auto company to take $50,000 from a customer to build a car. :headscratch: Is there any way to look up a specific dealership based on the dealer code to see if they have remaining allocations?

It happens at the end of production on every model every model year. It does not matter what vehicles are ordered sitting in the system. If the dealer does not get allocation for it Ford will not build it.

In our case pertaining to the 2010 GT500, we WILL get allocation for at least one, we just don't know when. I have two ordered, but will likely only get one of the two. If we don't get both then one will just sit there until the end of production for the 2010 model year and will show unsceduled and balanced out once they are done building the 2010. Between now and the end of the 2010 model year at least ONE of the two will get built but we don't know yet when that will be. It could be the very last month of production for all we know. Until Ford tells us when we just sit and wait!

Thanks for the insight, ShelbyDude.

Couldn't agree more with you obviously. Well, hopefully my dealer wasn't trying to pull anything on me. I never thought in a million years it'd be potentially so hard to get an auto company to take $50,000 from a customer to build a car. :headscratch: Is there any way to look up a specific dealership based on the dealer code to see if they have remaining allocations?

Thanks for the insight, ShelbyDude.

I just think the way ford handles this is ridiculous! If you have people willing to pay $50,000 for a car, why not build it. That makes no sense! I don't care if your margin of profit is $1.00 or $5000.00 per car. If you advertise the car in all of the auto magazines, various online sites, car shows, etc, and want to make the car a sales success, then everytime an order for one is placed at a dealership, it should be made! Who cares about allocation, just build the damn thing.

I just think the way ford handles this is ridiculous! If you have people willing to pay $50,000 for a car, why not build it. That makes no sense! I don't care if your margin of profit is $1.00 or $5000.00 per car. If you advertise the car in all of the auto magazines, various online sites, car shows, etc, and want to make the car a sales success, then everytime an order for one is placed at a dealership, it should be made! Who cares about allocation, just build the damn thing.

That would seem to make the most sense, I know. Whether they have an allocation or not...if you have a customer with cash in hand for the car already..what's the issue? The car is SOLD ALREADY. I know it's not as simple as that...but it should be.

As frustrating as this ordering process is I'm just glad we have SD & MM, among others, to help answer dealer questions.

I'm also thankful that Ford is not in bankruptcy. Just think how nuts the ordering process would be with plants being idled, company in the bankruptcy court and dealerships closing with little notice.

On the other hand here are folks looking to spend over $50,000 so you would think with this economy they would be treated like royalty by the manufacturer.

Just crazy I tell ya.

Steve

As frustrating as this ordering process is I'm just glad we have SD & MM, among others, to help answer dealer questions.

I'm also thankful that Ford is not in bankruptcy. Just think how nuts the ordering process would be with plants being idled, company in the bankruptcy court and dealerships closing with little notice.

On the other hand here are folks looking to spend over $50,000 so you would think with this economy they would be treated like royalty by the manufacturer.

Just crazy I tell ya.

Steve

I almost wish this was the case. At least then we would know why all the BS.

At least she wasn't in India...

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Market Area Manager

Field Operations

xxxxxxx@ford.com

That dealer better sell you the car back of book for being a dishonest crook. :finger:

Ahhhlalalala! oh that was wrong on so many levels.

Maybe I should clarify. Wouldn't want to offend anyone with my bad attempt at humor in this PC world. :blink:

I've spent 5 months in India training people for my company. It's an amazing place with amazing people. Incredible history.

But...as a consumer, and let's use Ford and the GT500 as an example, I appreciate someone in America when I have to deal with customer service for an American company. Especially when things aren't going right. I like to call it "cultural situational awareness". Situational awareness is a term from combat aviation - when you're pulling 9 G's in a turn to avoid getting blown up, it behooves you to know where the enemy is at when the blood is pooling in your legs and you are about to black out. Any customer service agent in Florida may not like cars and probably doesn't know the difference between horsepower and a bacon cheeseburger. But they have seen a "muscle car" and they have heard of car clubs. They have grown up in a culture with cars everywhere. Not so in India. A couple of the guys I trained got brand spanking new Tata's when I was over there and I can assure you their excitement was nothing short of insane. I rode in one with the plastic still on the seats and everyone in the car was ear to ear grins. But it just ain't the same.

I would happiily call India for camel or elephant support. No offense intended. :lurk:

I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll shut up now. :soapbox:

Archived