TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Waiting Game - Version 2.0

Hey all...............My car is due to be built on 08/31, but my Window Sticker still hasn't shown up. When should I expect it to be available??

Mine is being built on 9/1/09 and the Window Sticker showed up about a week ago. I'm not sure how the order processing works, but I would think that yours should be up there by now if yours is being built before mine.

What's your VIN? Mine is listed below.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no clue where my car is now. About a month ago I was told it was sitting in Chicago with a delivery date of 8/13. Then I got an updated ETA of 8/20. Dealer isnt sure where it is. I called the Ford service line and they say ETA is still 8/20. I reminded them that today is the 24th. And without missing a beat and a straight faced tone they say, "Shows in transit, with and estimated delivery date of 8/20" What fun. Found this conversation very entertaining this morning. I was also kinda hoping someone on here might be able to work some of their magic, and maybe give me an idea of where my car is. Any help would be appreciated.

I have no clue where my car is now. About a month ago I was told it was sitting in Chicago with a delivery date of 8/13. Then I got an updated ETA of 8/20. Dealer isnt sure where it is. I called the Ford service line and they say ETA is still 8/20. I reminded them that today is the 24th. And without missing a beat and a straight faced tone they say, "Shows in transit, with and estimated delivery date of 8/20" What fun. Found this conversation very entertaining this morning. I was also kinda hoping someone on here might be able to work some of their magic, and maybe give me an idea of where my car is. Any help would be appreciated.

Ford released a press release this morning stating, "....We regret to inform our dealer network and customers that Ford has extended the Michigan Triangle to all 50 states and will in no way affect the ability to deliver your car not on time." :shrug:

Notice how they put the customer second?

Ford released a press release this morning stating, "....We regret to inform our dealer network and customers that Ford has extended the Michigan Triangle to all 50 states and will in no way affect the ability to deliver your car not on time." :shrug:

Notice how they put the customer second?

This is the clearest answer I've gotten so far. :hysterical:

Mine is being built on 9/1/09 and the Window Sticker showed up about a week ago. I'm not sure how the order processing works, but I would think that yours should be up there by now if yours is being built before mine.

What's your VIN? Mine is listed below.

My VIN is 1ZVBP8JSXA5145888....and still nothing!! :cry:

My VIN is 1ZVBP8JSXA5145888....and still nothing!! :cry:

Hi 2sharpie,

Not sure if this was intentional but that VIN doesn't look right. I think the 9th character should be a number (check digit). My dealer made the exact same mistake and the X was actually a 6.

Hope it helps,

Dafreak.

New news for me.

Good friend of mine has a contact at Flat Rock. He is a tool guy and ran my info through the front office. Car was released from plant 8-13, and is at shipping company. Also got the name of the company that is going to be shipping it.

ETA is still 8-27.

I could have gotten pics while in production but friend was off on vacation during build..... :censored: Now how awesome would that have been.... :drool:

New news for me.

Good friend of mine has a contact at Flat Rock. He is a tool guy and ran my info through the front office. Car was released from plant 8-13, and is at shipping company. Also got the name of the company that is going to be shipping it.

ETA is still 8-27.

I could have gotten pics while in production but friend was off on vacation during build..... :censored: Now how awesome would that have been.... :drool:

Wow, you must be on pins and needles! That's only 3 more days!!!!!!!

Doesn't it feel like torture? It certainly does to me. I think Ford should go into the torture business, they would definitely be # 1.

Hi 2sharpie,

Not sure if this was intentional but that VIN doesn't look right. I think the 9th character should be a number (check digit). My dealer made the exact same mistake and the X was actually a 6.

Hope it helps,

Dafreak.

Good catch.....I didnt even notice that. I put in every digit possible in place of the X and still nothing came up. Yet when I put the VIN in the Ford Services VIN decoder website everything comes up about the car. WTF!! And when I first got the VIN and called Ford, they were able to tell me everything about the car based on my VIN, and they were all correct. I guess I'll be calling them again in the morning. Thanks.....!

Good catch.....I didnt even notice that. I put in every digit possible in place of the X and still nothing came up. Yet when I put the VIN in the Ford Services VIN decoder website everything comes up about the car. WTF!! And when I first got the VIN and called Ford, they were able to tell me everything about the car based on my VIN, and they were all correct. I guess I'll be calling them again in the morning. Thanks.....!

Hi 2sharpie,

I'm not sure what the deal is with the windows sticker but mine has never showed up either. I asked Ford CS about this and they couldn't comment and only mentioned that it's a dealer service and the dealer might know more. So I have been working the status through the dealer and Ford CS as much as possible. Ford CS has told me that my car is out of production as of 8/14 so I've got to hope they are right.

Still waiting....

Dafreak

Hi 2sharpie (and all),

So it turns out that I am dead wrong and the 9th character of the VIN can be an X (I think). I was thinking about this and put the X back in my VIN (as the 9th character) and boom the sticker came right up. I know this doesn't help you right now but I thought I would pass it along

Dafreak.

I am now officially on SUICIDE watch!!

Mama just lost her job. So for me the great wait has just come to a stop. :cry:

3 F'ing days until the car is scheduled to show and now this. Un F'ing believable :censored::banghead::banghead:

So if anyone is interested in a Black w/ GB HID's and Cover let me know.

My only hope is that something happens in the next week(with a job). After that I don't think I will be able to stall the sale.

Excuse me, I am going to go to bed and cry myself to sleep. :cry:

PS. I am going to hang around and give everyone crap, when I can.

PSS. If anything changes I will update. But as of now not looking good.

Thanks everyone.

Good night.

Todd

Ok, sorry can't sleep. Stomach hurts from all the throwing up and crying.

Who was it here that can track rail cars?

Jesus tdusseau, I don't know what to say except for that really blows.

Anyways,

I thought it was Grabber who had the tracking connection.

Grabber,

Can you track mine too? Pretty please????

Dafreak

Hi 2sharpie (and all),

So it turns out that I am dead wrong and the 9th character of the VIN can be an X (I think). I was thinking about this and put the X back in my VIN (as the 9th character) and boom the sticker came right up. I know this doesn't help you right now but I thought I would pass it along

Dafreak.

Thanks..........glad it worked for you. I just want it to come up so I can stare at it until delivery. And someone please decide for me.........FRPP Stingers or KR mufflers!!!

Thanks..........glad it worked for you. I just want it to come up so I can stare at it until delivery. And someone please decide for me.........FRPP Stingers or KR mufflers!!!

Sharpie,

I stared since 8/2/09 and found out today the car has completed production (as of 8/25/09) and is heading for ride on rail to the ramp for loading on convoy. My car is marked as "hot" right now to be loaded ASAP and will then be flagged as "hot" to the ramp operator to get this car moving to the dealer.

Funny thing, my daughter who will be 3 years old on Sept 1. remembered daddy saying he's getting a new "rocket ship" about 2 weeks ago. Out of the blue today on the 40 minute drive home from work and daycare she said, "Daddy, you getting new rocket ship tomorrow". Whether it was a question or statement, I'll know tomorrow. Then I'm going to sign her up for clairvoyance jobs in the military to plan the next move against North Korea and Iran.

Sharpie,

I stared since 8/2/09 and found out today the car has completed production (as of 8/25/09) and is heading for ride on rail to the ramp for loading on convoy. My car is marked as "hot" right now to be loaded ASAP and will then be flagged as "hot" to the ramp operator to get this car moving to the dealer.

Funny thing, my daughter who will be 3 years old on Sept 1. remembered daddy saying he's getting a new "rocket ship" about 2 weeks ago. Out of the blue today on the 40 minute drive home from work and daycare she said, "Daddy, you getting new rocket ship tomorrow". Whether it was a question or statement, I'll know tomorrow. Then I'm going to sign her up for clairvoyance jobs in the military to plan the next move against North Korea and Iran.

Hahaha.............thats hilarious. She's buttering you up into keeping it for her when she is old enough to drive!!!

Does anyone know the difference between 9-NORMAL and 4-REBILL that shows up below the FLR- on the window sticker? My online sticker showed a 9-NORMAL last week and now it says 4-REBILL. The only thing I noticed that changed on the sticker is the crash test stars have appeared for front crashes and the date in the string after Assembly Point went from 08 12 09 to 08 24 09. The build date still shows 20090901

• 2 weeks later...

Ok everyone here is the update.

I am keeping my car... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Things went in the right direction and I picked her up yesterday. 9-10-09.

i will post some pics Sunday. I had a fun first full day today, wife and I put 70mi on it. And I am stuck at Fire station tomorrow :cry:

And yes guys I did let her drive... :headscratch: But I have driven with her before when she had her G35 coupe, and the best part is.....boys she can drive :shift:

But I turned her loose on her own as I had some work to do on my truck :cry: . Also I did not want to stress her out, nor did I want to witness her getting a ticket....But no ticket so that was good.

Ok all off to bed, early day tomorrow.

PS. Does your first few times shifting into 5th just scare the crap out of you. I was worried I was going to tag Reverse....Has been a long, long time. :shift:

Todd

PS. Does your first few times shifting into 5th just scare the crap out of you. I was worried I was going to tag Reverse....Has been a long, long time. :shift:

Todd

haha yeah. my last manual trans car was in 2006 and you had to pull up a ring on the shifter to get it into reverse. I was reading (i think it was in the owners manual) that on the 5 speed trans theres a protection built in that it wont let you shift from 3rd/4th into reverse. something like you would have to move the stick over to the left then back to the right and into reverse. I'm sure its something like that.

Still waiting for mine too Bababouie. It was built on 8/11 but still waiting for a railcar? Who knows when it will be here but I hope it's soon.

DaFreak

Congratulations Todd... :woohoo: Good to hear you are keeping her....

Both the car and the wife of course! :tease:

I am jealous though as I am still waiting, ordered at the same time.

Any day now...jeesh am I the last guy on this list to receive theirs?

Enjoy, Andy

Ok everyone here is the update.

I am keeping my car... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Todd

Congrats. Really pleased for you Todd. It would have been the worst sort of torture to not collect the car after waiting so long and being so close to getting behind the wheel of one of these beasts. Not sure about the wife driving though..........better keep a close eye on those front rims ;)

Archived