TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Waiting Game - Version 2.0

Okay...since most of the early orders have been received by the board members in the other watch list thread..it's time for us June and later people to start one!

I'll update this first post with the stats as they become available...if I miss you...please post and I'll add it to this list.

74.jpg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay...since most of the early orders have been received by the board members in the other watch list thread..it's time for us June and later people to start one!

I'll update this first post with the stats as they become available...if I miss you...please post and I'll add it to this list.

I find it good to see that I'm not the only one waiting for my car...because sometimes it seems like everyone is getting their car but me.

USERNAME___________ORDER DATE______PULLED DATE_______VIN RECEIVED____BUILD DATE_______DELIVERY DATE

Alaska..............................06-05-09................07-10-09...................YES.......................08-03-09

Burning Blue Star IV............06-05-09

Ironpeddler.......................06-05-09

USERNAME___________ORDER DATE______PULLED DATE_______VIN RECEIVED____BUILD DATE_______DELIVERY DATE

SmellSoGood.....................4/23/09....................ROFLMAO!!...................NAY...................No idea..................Blizzard of 2011

I find it good to see that I'm not the only one waiting for my car...because sometimes it seems like everyone is getting their car but me.

Alaska..............................06-05-09................07-10-09...................YES.......................08-03-09

Kona Blue.........................03-17-09

SmellsSoGood...................04-23-09

Tdusseau.........................06-06-09

War Eagle........................05-29-09

June or later oders it will be Merry Christmas or Happy New Year for you.

Kona Blue.........................03-17-09

USERNAME: cdlee

ORDER DATE: 6/1

PULLED DATE: 6/22

VIN RECEIVED: 6/27

BUILD DATE: 7/15

DELIVERY DATE: 8/3

ORDERED ON 5/17.

VIN ON 6/29 1ZVBP8JS9A5138642

been checking for my window sticker all week, no luck. But then I just tried some of the other members who have theirs and I can't bring theirs up either. if someone can check it for me and let me know if it works. maybe I am doing something wrong....THANKS!

ORDERED ON 5/17.

VIN ON 6/29 1ZVBP8JS9A5138642

been checking for my window sticker all week, no luck. But then I just tried some of the other members who have theirs and I can't bring theirs up either. if someone can check it for me and let me know if it works. maybe I am doing something wrong....THANKS!

Nope couldnt get it.My original build date was 5/19, i got the von 3/15,and couldnt get the window sticker till 4/24.Car was actually built 6/3 and i git it here 6/18,delivered 6/18 to Perry Ga

How many of you guys had orders that were not entered against a known allocation. The Dealer did not have an allocation when he put my order in but I was not told till five weeks later. This may be the difference in some getting pulled and some not.

Some Dealers expected more allocations and took orders without them. It may be worth trying to find out if you have heard nothing.

Steve

How many of you guys had orders that were not entered against a known allocation. The Dealer did not have an allocation when he put my order in but I was not told till five weeks later. This may be the difference in some getting pulled and some not.

Some Dealers expected more allocations and took orders without them. It may be worth trying to find out if you have heard nothing.

Steve

My dealer indicated he had an allocation, so I took one I suppose. The question now is how come my dealer hasn't received any cars to date and is a larger dealer than the guy 8 miles away who already has a vert and coupe on the lot? I also have to ask them tomorrow what does it mean by "we bumped you up the list"? Maybe they meant to say, "Oh sh*t. You now have a priority 10" on our allocation or something.

Okay...since most of the early orders have been received by the board members in the other watch list thread..it's time for us June and later people to start one! (EDIT : we'll add in the people who have ordered before June that haven't received their VIN as of 7-13-09)

2sharpie...........................05-20-09

Alaska..............................06-05-09................07-10-09...................07-10-09................08-03-09

Cdlee...............................06-01-09...............06-22-09....................06-27-09.................07-15-09................08-03-09

Konablue..........................03-17-09

RMCABrooks.....................06-08-09................07-09-09.....................07-09-09

Ronin76...........................05-27-09................06-26-09.....................06-26-09................07-20-09

add me please!

ordered 5/20/09 no vin no nothing, "material HOLD"!!!! lol

2nd2none..............................7/7/09....................????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

blown65..........7/1/09.............................................................waiting

Okay...since most of the early orders have been received by the board members in the other watch list thread..it's time for us June and later people to start one! (EDIT : we'll add in the people who have ordered before June that haven't received their VIN as of 7-13-09)

Image1.jpg

This thread is the bomb! Great job Burning Blue! Thanks for pulling htis together. :lurk:

Okay, here is what I’ve learnt/observed on this issue;

I was about to order from the dealer that is just 2 miles down the road on from me. They were keen to take my order but were worryingly nebulous and vague when I queried them on actual order and potential delivery date etc. So, in an effort to feal more comfortable with my decision, I decided to investigate further before placing my order and in doing so joined this forum.

From reading the posts in this forum I obtained 2 pieces of advice that have evidently turned out to be vital:

1) Find a dealer with an existing open allocation, and

2) Ask them about the time that they estimate to have they order submitted to the factory, and their ability to get this done quickly (I think that some dealers have more ‘pull’ in such things than others).

As it turns out, I suspect that the dealer that I was originally working may have been planning to fulfill my order by obtaining the car through another dealership with an open allocation. :o A situation that was most definitely warned against on this forum. Either that or they were hoping to get an allocation of some sort in the future.

Also, something else that seems to be working for me is that I have been stood on one leg with my fingers crossed for 5 weeks now and so far so good……… :)

thank you

You're welcome, Konablue B)

This thread is the bomb! Great job Burning Blue! Thanks for pulling this together. :lurk:

Also, something else that seems to be working for me is that I have been stood on one leg with my fingers crossed for 5 weeks now and so far so good……… :)

Thanks AgentIan..and excellent observations.

Yes...I've been trying the "fingers crossed" method as well...seems you had a bit more success than me!

Thanks AgentIan..and excellent observations.

Yes...I've been trying the "fingers crossed" method as well...seems you had a bit more success than me!

Your welcome mate. BTW, it's amazing how defensive some dealers get when you ask them if they have an actual open allocation.

Your welcome mate. BTW, it's amazing how defensive some dealers get when you ask them if they have an actual open allocation.

This is kind of off topic but is there any way to make sure that the dealer has an allocation. Sure, they will tell you they have one to get you to order the car but is there a way for the customer to be shown proof of the dealers allocation or is it just by word of mouth??

Was advised I had allocation #9 of 10 and an 8 to 12 week wait.

Am calling them tomorrow to see if order even submitted!

I'll be very interested to hear what your dealer said. I really had no conversation with my dealer about allocations. Why does that word "allocations" give me a headache and make me nervous now? :headscratch:

I was told the 3-4 month wait when I ordered mine.

Wow...you had a big time quick turn around on getting your ordered pulled and built. I'm really hoping for that good phone call at the end of the week from my dealer.

Hello Eveyone,

If I have a VIN, shouldn't my dealer disclose of a build month ? Do they have one ? I noticed on the spreadsheet that others with VIN also had a build...My dealer stated he did not have one as of last Friday.

I'm not too positive...but I think from what I recall from reading the boards that the two don't always go hand in hand. But I could be wrong...

Archived