TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Waiting Game - Version 2.0

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading a lot of your posts. Starting to worry a little. Picked up a supposed allocation from someone who cancelled on 7/4/09. Or so I was told by the dealer. I haven't received any info on VIN'S, Stickers, or Build dates. I did receive a DORA 7/6, hopefully this is a good sign.

After reading your posts, I will definately start calling on Monday. Patience is starting to run thin and would like at least a VIN. Didn't mean to make that rhyme.

Thanks to everyone for their input on the subject. Hopefully me dealer is telling me the truth. We'll see!

29bill

2010 SHELBY GT500

BLACK ON BLACK

ELECTRONICS PCKGE

HID'S

ORDERED 7/6/09

I've been reading a lot of your posts. Starting to worry a little. Picked up a supposed allocation from someone who cancelled on 7/4/09. Or so I was told by the dealer. I haven't received any info on VIN'S, Stickers, or Build dates. I did receive a DORA 7/6, hopefully this is a good sign.

After reading your posts, I will definately start calling on Monday. Patience is starting to run thin and would like at least a VIN. Didn't mean to make that rhyme.

Thanks to everyone for their input on the subject. Hopefully me dealer is telling me the truth. We'll see!

29bill

2010 SHELBY GT500

BLACK ON BLACK

ELECTRONICS PCKGE

HID'S

ORDERED 7/6/09

any idea when the order was orignally placed before the other guy cancelled? maybe on your DORA should say when it was processed.

BigZ:

Yeah...the whole dealer experience was crappy for sure! :censored:

But on the bright side...I got the car I wanted quicker than I would have gotten it had I ordered it in the first place at a dealer WITH an allocation! :shift:

...another Grabber Blue purchase! Yes! I know...the color just freakin' knocks you over when you see it in person.

I knew I wanted GB with white stripes from the beginning..after seeing just pictures...and I never changed my mind - But seeing my car in person, I was just like "whoa". Yeah, that is the color!

I've gotten so many comments it's ridiculous. And driving through town with it, it's funny to watch everyones expressions when you go past them. Usually their eyes get real big, mouth drops open and then they just about drive off the road! LOL!

SOOOOO......Did you get it? If so, does yours have white stripes? Can't wait to see some pics. I'm working on getting pics to post of mine.

Hope all went well at the dealership. :shift:

I Finnally got my shelby!!!!! the dealer that i originally ordered it from didn't even

put up a fight to give back my refund.

grabber blue, white stripes, HIDs, and the electronics package, and as far as i know,

i'm the only one i know in the tri-state area in nyc that has one, another dealer has

a black one, but its just sitting there, he wants 5000 over msrp, good luck with that.

this car is so freaking awesome, i can't believe i'm driving this car around nyc.

I shall post pics later :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I finally got my shelby!!!!! the dealer that i originally ordered it from didn't even put up a fight to give back my refund.

Grabber blue, white stripes, HIDs, and the electronics package, and as far as i know, I'm the only one i know in the tri-state area in nyc that has one.

Another dealer has a black one, but its just sitting there, he wants 5000 over msrp, good luck with that.

This car is so freaking awesome, i can't believe I'm driving this car around nyc. I shall post pics later :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

LOL! Sounds like my experience with getting the deposit back from the dealer I had an order with. As Maxhenry eluded to earlier in the thread regarding my case...they are probably just happy to get a potential "disgruntled" customer off their hands!

Congrats on getting the car my fellow Grabber Blue brother! EXCELLENT! Yep, for sure...there's no way to describe how awesome these cars are.

Looking forward to seeing some pics. I'm working on mine...I have a few..but apparently, photography is not a talent of mine! Perhaps I'm too picky, but I just can't seem to get the pics to look "just right".

Very happy for you BigZ!

I Finnally got my shelby!!!!! the dealer that i originally ordered it from didn't even

put up a fight to give back my refund.

grabber blue, white stripes, HIDs, and the electronics package, and as far as i know,

i'm the only one i know in the tri-state area in nyc that has one, another dealer has

a black one, but its just sitting there, he wants 5000 over msrp, good luck with that.

this car is so freaking awesome, i can't believe i'm driving this car around nyc.

I shall post pics later :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

CONGRATS BigZ-

too bad I didn't know before... I had my Kona/Silver Vert in NYC on Friday afternoon, made quite a scene as I headed cross town to the tunnel back to NJ. Oh, and if you haven't tried it yet, get your car into a tunnel, put some space between you and the car in front, and get on the gas in 2nd gear... sounded like NASCAR in there!!! I scared the crap out of the folks in the car next to me, but the passenger (a lady in her LATE 70's), gave me the big thumbs up when they came up alongside. :rockon:

any idea when the order was orignally placed before the other guy cancelled? maybe on your DORA should say when it was processed.

Recpt date on DORA is 5/29/09, but processed date says 07/06/09. On the DORA it also lists a VIN#

"VBP8JS A5". I have no idea what this means. Any idea?

thanks,

29bill

yeah my DORA had a crazy vin like that too. no idea what that is but I got my DORA the day the salesman placed the order. maybe the DORA process date changed when/if you made changes to the original order. looks like the previous guy cancelled his order after waiting over a month and there not being any change. you should definately talk to the dealer and find out exactly whats going on. like others have said on here if the dealer actually had an allocation then its usually within a week or 2 and your order should be pulled

Thanks for the reply. I'll be sure and post what the dealer says tomorrow. He seemed like a pretty cool guy when I ordered the car. I was at the dealer for about 3 hours checking out some 09's and some 2010 Roush Mustangs. The salesman was very cool and patient with my indecision at the time. I went with my first choice the 2010 Shelby! I didn't want to change my mind or settle for the Roush or get an older Shelby just because they were there on the lot. Hopefully it turns out to be the right move.

waiting patiently for now for my first Shelby,

29bill

NEED TO UPDATE: order pulled Aug. 6th ---- not July 23rd

Believe it or not....it wasnt my dealers fault!!! They actually allowed me to look at all the emails/correspondence reference my order that was supposed to be pulled on July 23rd..... It was actually pulled and serialized yesterday, and I verified it :cry: .......but at least it is finally on its way!

Quick question to all .....will Ford Customer Service give me my VIN when I call them back this week.....or do I have to go straight to the dealer in order to get it???

Quick question to all .....will Ford Customer Service give me my VIN when I call them back this week.....or do I have to go straight to the dealer in order to get it???

I tried this several times. They told me that a VIN has been issued but they could not pull that information up. My salesman was out of town so I had to wait 3 whole days knowing I had a VIN but could not get it.

I also called a few times (ford CS) a day hoping I could get someone that could get it for me but no luck. I had to wait till my guy came back in town..

I have a question. Does anyone know what all the little misc boxes are for on the window sticker? I did notice that there is a state code in the upper left after the first set of letters and numbers. Just before the build date. ex. FLR-002157 ga 120090810 The "ga" is what I am talking about. This is where the car is going. I am in Georgia.

I want to know all the little boxes across the top. and then the larger boxes in the lower left.

As you can tell I am getting board waiting for the car to arrive...... :lurk:

Recpt date on DORA is 5/29/09, but processed date says 07/06/09. On the DORA it also lists a VIN#

"VBP8JS A5". I have no idea what this means. Any idea?

thanks,

29bill

Must be something standard for this car. My actuall VIN has everything you listed in the same order. Check my VIN in my sig below.

I'm finally off Material hold. Called Ford CS today and my status is now "Sub2Plant". I'm told this means the order has been submitted to the plant to be built. The rep said the build target date range is August 30th - September 7th, but that can change very easily. No VIN yet, but I'm just happy to see the Material Hold go away.

I have a question. Does anyone know what all the little misc boxes are for on the window sticker? I did notice that there is a state code in the upper left after the first set of letters and numbers. Just before the build date. ex. FLR-002157 ga 120090810 The "ga" is what I am talking about. This is where the car is going. I am in Georgia.

I want to know all the little boxes across the top. and then the larger boxes in the lower left.

As you can tell I am getting board waiting for the car to arrive...... :lurk:

He, He, I have done the same thing as you. Heck I have studied every number and letter on that sticker, I am convinced there is a secret combination of numbers there somewhere that "Tells All".

:punched::punched::call::call:

Now excuse me I have to call Ford again and find out the latest status of my car as of this morning. Do you think they will get caller ID and cut us off eventually.

Steve

Ah haha, I just did the same thing. Got a rep that was having a bad day. She just said eta 8-24. And that car is. "In production"

Going to call back after lunch, hope to get a fat and happy rep. Lol

Which Customer Service # are you calling. Everyone I get doesn't want to give any info. They say you have to go through your dealer!

Help if you can,

29bill

Which Customer Service # are you calling. Everyone I get doesn't want to give any info. They say you have to go through your dealer!

Help if you can,

29bill

I'm calling the 800 392 3673 number. Everyone has been pretty helpful......except for the dick I encountered today. "Well I can't do anything if you don't have a VIN number -- you're going to have to call your dealer for information". I told him that everytime I have called I only used the Dealer ID and Order # to get info........all I was asking was that since it was pulled and serialized last week, was it assigned a VIN yet. I wanted to punch him through the phone.

I'm calling the 800 392 3673 number. Everyone has been pretty helpful......except for the dick I encountered today. "Well I can't do anything if you don't have a VIN number -- you're going to have to call your dealer for information". I told him that everytime I have called I only used the Dealer ID and Order # to get info........all I was asking was that since it was pulled and serialized last week, was it assigned a VIN yet. I wanted to punch him through the phone.

Sorry to hear that 2sharpie. Of course as soon as you're getting the feeling that the phone call is going south - it's best to just get off the line and try again. As with any company...the level of knowledge and helpfulness varies greatly from employee to employee.

As a sidenote - I got a call from the representative that was looking into my order....This has been close to a month since she originally took "my case". She was supposed to give me an update on July 31st and she did leave a message to call her back regarding my order. I didn't call back since I canceled the order some 4 days before the 31st. So she calls today...10 days since the original date she gave me to have some information on my order. Basically, I got NOTHING from her in the form of some tangible information....Just "we are unable to provide you with any additional information at this time..the best thing I can suggest is to just keep calling your dealer to check on the status" LOL! Nothing about allocations, possible solutions, ordering from another dealer, finding another on lot car for me...the answer I got was basically just "wait and see". Ridiculous. I then informed her that I had canceled the order two weeks ago...and bought a different car from another dealership. Really unsatisfied with the "research" they did for me.

Ok got a call from Ralph today from the Flat rock plant. I have an answer for my how long question. He said it takes. 3 shifts to build a car. So one full day if the 1st shift starts the build. He said I should be completed wed or thur of this week. He said my dealer should see the car in about 3. Weeks from today. He also said "trust me it will be worth the wait"

Tried your number and at least got someone who was willing to be some sort of help. Guys name was "Robert". He spent some time and checked into my situation....End result is apparently as some of you have been told the car is on "Material Hold".

Who the hell knows what that means. Most people this far out from their order date seem to have a least a VIN # and some idea true or not of a build date. Not to mention a date of delivery.

Called the dealer and the salesman didn't even remember my name. Took him a few minutes then he stated the same Material Hold bull!!!!

Still frustrated and almost time to start looking for one on a lot.

29bill

I sat on material hold status foR about a month. Then everything went. Full speed ahead. Your status is probably the result of your dealer not having an allocation. Or you may just be way in the back of the line and have to wait. If you are not getting a kick ass deal then search dealer lots, and let your order ride until you find one.

Shot an "urgent" email to my dealer and got a super-quick response -- got my VIN today ( 1ZVBP8JSXA5145888) !!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately not coming up for the window sticker yet :banghead:

That's excellent, man! Usually from what I've gathered the sticker doesn't become live til about a week or so before actual build date.

Deep breath now! Your car is coming! :shift:

;)

That's excellent, man! Usually from what I've gathered the sticker doesn't become live til about a week or so before actual build date.

Deep breath now! Your car is coming! :shift:

;)

Thanks.....I'm so psyched finally. But I definitely need to take your advice.........I already checked the window sticker link about a dozen times so far .......I'll do my best not to do it again until next week! :kuko:

Ordered a convertible GT500 from Galpin Ford in Los Angeles area on 5/27/2009. I have been on "material hold" since then. He said it was due to the convertibles being behind the coupes in production. I brought up the allocation issue and he just said, "we get what we ask for from Ford." Now Galpin does have a long history with Ford but I still wonder.

I am at the top of their list for convertible orders so even if they had an allocation, I suppose I'm the one. He showed me around the warehouse this weekend too and they had 3 GT500 coupes sitting there waiting to be checked and picked up.

Are there any people waiting on convertibles? Anyone get there's yet? Does my story sound appropriate?

Thanks,

Michael Gunson

2010 Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible

Torch Red with Black Stripes

I ordered a GT500 convertible from Park Cities Ford in Dallas, TX on 7/20/2009. This dealership has a coupe in stock that has the color combo that I like. Color is performance white with red stripes, interior is gray with red stripes. Added the HID, Electronics and Cover options. Was told that this particular dealership is owned by Randall Reed whom also has dealerships located in Houston, TX. Also told that the allocations in this situation are 'pooled', so am assured of being able to acquire the car. Sales manager claims that delivery of the convertible may be Nov to Dec 2009.

Seems that alot of coupes are sitting in showrooms, but few convertibles.

Respectfully,

Rod Michel

Ordered a convertible GT500 from Galpin Ford in Los Angeles area on 5/27/2009. I have been on "material hold" since then. He said it was due to the convertibles being behind the coupes in production. I brought up the allocation issue and he just said, "we get what we ask for from Ford." Now Galpin does have a long history with Ford but I still wonder.

I am at the top of their list for convertible orders so even if they had an allocation, I suppose I'm the one. He showed me around the warehouse this weekend too and they had 3 GT500 coupes sitting there waiting to be checked and picked up.

Are there any people waiting on convertibles? Anyone get there's yet? Does my story sound appropriate?

Thanks,

Michael Gunson

2010 Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible

Torch Red with Black Stripes

Archived