TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Waiting Game - Version 2.0

any idea if the customer service people will be able to tell us if the dealership we ordered from had the allocations to do so?

I tried to find out through Ford, but to no avail - although I couldn't find out, I'm sure that the info must be available somewhere. In the end I found my dealer with an existing open allocation through a personal recommendation for a certain dealership that would not mess me around. When I spoke to said dealer, he told me straight up that he had 2 allocations; One of which he had already ordered for his dealership, and that the second one which was still open and available to me immediately to whatever spec I needed. I must say that was such a relief..........

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW:

Calling Konablue - placed order in MARCH? :headscratch: Still no word?

Bababouie & BigZ any updates?

All Right! Called the Dealer today looking for an update. Resulted in VIN # ...142100

Highest # I 've seen to date, no other info available. :baby:

I guess this is better than remaining in limbo....but have to wonder how / when the order was actually placed!

The Central Alberta winter is no place for a Snake! Shiver me Slithers!

Andy

Hi tdusseau,

One thing I had a beef with about this forum was unless you were member you could not see any of the stuff you are asking about (signatures, pics, etc). So for all those out there who are not willing to become a member (and I know there are K's of you) I will post it right here.

I ordered a 2010 Shelby GT5oo Coupe, Performance white with Colorado red striping. I love this pattern not only for the looks but because only 2% of all 2010 Shelby's made (from the numbers I've seen) are like this. Don't tell your friends :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/defreak247/Dro...853032204757282

Anyway, let me know what else you want to know and I'll gladly supply.

Cheers,

DaFreak.

Why is being a member a problem. If you own the car or even just like the car then join and chat with us. Besides it is free to get on and chat and BS. Besides having to log in to share is a good thing stops just anyone from posting nonsense.

So welcome to the family, now sit back and enjoy the info and laughs and the occasional fight.

Todd

any idea if the customer service people will be able to tell us if the dealership we ordered from had the allocations to do so?

My experience has been that they can't and some have no idea what you are asking about either. I tried calling with this question a few times with multiple call backs consecutively to the customer service line...no luck!

How many of you guys had orders that were not entered against a known allocation. The Dealer did not have an allocation when he put my order in but I was not told till five weeks later. This may be the difference in some getting pulled and some not.

Some Dealers expected more allocations and took orders without them. It may be worth trying to find out if you have heard nothing.

Steve

How can you tell if a dealer has allocation? The dealer I'm thinking about ordering mine with has one on the showroom floor promised to someone, 2 on order for other buyers, and said he can get me one delivered in about 2 months of me ordering it. Is he just blowing smoke or can this be true?

How can you tell if a dealer has allocation? The dealer I'm thinking about ordering mine with has one on the showroom floor promised to someone, 2 on order for other buyers, and said he can get me one delivered in about 2 months of me ordering it. Is he just blowing smoke or can this be true?

I would ask to see the details on how long the other cars have been on order and their status. Next I would ask to see the written evidence that he has allocation still available and unused. Explain to him you are familiar with the process and that the plant is up to date. Currently orders are being "pulled" and VIN #s assigned within one week of the order being placed. The orders are currently being pulled and serialized on Thursday.

Ask him to pull up the stickers on the cars he has on order if past the sticker date.

http://www.pgroup-inc.com/testing/vin.php

If he can gurantee you a VIN # within one week of ordering I think you would be OK. He is about right on the timeline:

1 Week Vin #, after 2 to 3 weeks you will get your sticker on line and your build date, car should be delivered within 20 days after the build date for total timeline of seven weeks or so depending on rail or truck delivery and city or rural.

Steve

Currently orders are being "pulled" and VIN #s assigned within one week of the order being placed. The orders are currently being pulled and serialized on Thursday.

Steve

Steve, how do you know this? I am not doubting you, I am asking honsestly so that I can call the dealer I ordered from on July 15. I want the "facts" so I can ask him straight out whether he is being straight with me, or should I bail and go find one on the ground.

Thank you

Steve, how do you know this? I am not doubting you, I am asking honsestly so that I can call the dealer I ordered from on July 15. I want the "facts" so I can ask him straight out whether he is being straight with me, or should I bail and go find one on the ground.

Thank you

I got this from two guys: The Market Area Manager, Field Operations (Ford Corporate Office) in charge of all Shelby GT500 allocations for the entire US, and our contact at the plant Ralph Arning.

Steve

Max, you can also use the data from the last group of guys that are getting their cars in August, everyone of them fell within this timeline. Ralph told me by phone that the plant is really rocking along and that some cars were getting on the line a day or two ahead of their scheduled date.

Steve

I got this from two guys: The Market Area Manager, Field Operations (Ford Corporate Office) in charge of all Shelby GT500 allocations for the entire US, and our contact at the plant Ralph Arning.

Steve

As I stated, I order on July 14th and have heard nothing since. So, in your opinion, I'm being jerked around?

Max, they either screwed up your order or they do not have an allocation. You should have a Vin # by now,

Steve

I kinda thought that after one of your other posts. Well, I am on vacation for the next week, so I will let it ride.

When I get back, I think I'll give the dealer one week to confirm. I did not send him a deposit (he's in my club, so I was not looking to screw him) as I had this itch that maybe he could not deliver.

If he cannot confirm, I will go get one.

I just hate the thought of road-tripping it for 2 days. Not sure if 500-1000 highway miles is the best way to break in a new car.

I kinda thought that after one of your other posts. Well, I am on vacation for the next week, so I will let it ride.

When I get back, I think I'll give the dealer one week to confirm. I did not send him a deposit (he's in my club, so I was not looking to screw him) as I had this itch that maybe he could not deliver.

If he cannot confirm, I will go get one.

I just hate the thought of road-tripping it for 2 days. Not sure if 500-1000 highway miles is the best way to break in a new car.

Roger that Max, on the road trip. One of my friends in the Mustang club has a top notch enclosed trailer and we are doing a road trip over to Mobile (2 hr drive) to pick my car up. Several guys are going with us and we are going to make it a fun day. Big trailer and crew cab truck spells fun.

Road Trip!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Roger that Max, on the road trip. One of my friends in the Mustang club has a top notch enclosed trailer and we are doing a road trip over to Mobile (2 hr drive) to pick my car up. Several guys are going with us and we are going to make it a fun day. Big trailer and crew cab truck spells fun.

Nice. For me, it would be either "fly-in" or "drive in" and then drive home, depending on the distance.

Seems to be quite a few cars in the SC area.

need to update my order....DELIVERED! well, not exactly. I found one about 100 miles away on the lot so picked it up today. cancelling my order tomorrow. from what the sales manager at the dealership told me today the other guys have to refund my 500 deposit by CA law. black on black with Nav. paid MSRP of 50,370. just a quick pic from phone at the dealership. will try and get some real pics tomorrow.

IMG_0105.jpg

need to update my order....DELIVERED! well, not exactly. I found one about 100 miles away on the lot so picked it up today. cancelling my order tomorrow. from what the sales manager at the dealership told me today the other guys have to refund my 500 deposit by CA law. black on black with Nav. paid MSRP of 50,370. just a quick pic from phone at the dealership. will try and get some real pics tomorrow.

IMG_0105.jpg

Congratulations!

Good Move, glad you found one you like and could get it right away. Your order was prety much dead in the water probably with no allocation.

Steve

Great news 2nd2none! It's really way to go if it looks like your order is just sitting there for weeks on end. Regarding your deposit...I had absolutely no trouble getting mine back from my dealership. There were more helpful with that aspect than pretty much anything else involving my order! They sent the check out to me the next day. I know we're not in the same state...but I would think it would be the same for you.

The car looks terrific! WOO-HOO! Congrats, buddy. Did you bring it home already? or do you have to pick it up today?...I wasn't sure.

Regarding your deposit...I had absolutely no trouble getting mine back from my dealership. There were more helpful They sent the check out to me the next day.

Hmmm ever have the thought that maybe they knew they screwed up and were happy that you found a way out for them?

Hmmm ever have the thought that maybe they knew they screwed up and were happy that you found a way out for them?

LOL! I think that is probably some of the reason! hehe...well, maybe 98% of it! I've heard some really bad things about the dealership afterwards...I had no idea that they grew to have a bad reputation. But it's been so long since I went car shopping that I guess things have changed - for the worse (not surprising). Oh well...I'm more than happy now! Just going to forget about that whole "order/allocation" situation and just think :

...it's a beautiful day to own a SHELBY! WOO-HOO!

IMG_0105.jpg

Congrats 2nd2none!!!

She is a beauty, Enjoy that beast!

:banvictory:

blue, i'm sorry to hear that you got duped by those dealers, I was waiting almost three months with no vin, eventhough i ordered a kona blue, last night a grabber blue popped up at another dealer nearby, i said to myself let me just take a look at it see if i liked it, as soon as i saw it i knew that was it, so i just got my refund from the other dealer, and if all goes well, i'll be driving home with it tonight!!!! : )

i'll try to post pictures as soon as i get it!

BigZ:

Yeah...the whole dealer experience was crappy for sure! :censored:

But on the bright side...I got the car I wanted quicker than I would have gotten it had I ordered it in the first place at a dealer WITH an allocation! :shift:

...another Grabber Blue purchase! Yes! I know...the color just freakin' knocks you over when you see it in person.

I knew I wanted GB with white stripes from the beginning..after seeing just pictures...and I never changed my mind - But seeing my car in person, I was just like "whoa". Yeah, that is the color!

I've gotten so many comments it's ridiculous. And driving through town with it, it's funny to watch everyones expressions when you go past them. Usually their eyes get real big, mouth drops open and then they just about drive off the road! LOL!

SOOOOO......Did you get it? If so, does yours have white stripes? Can't wait to see some pics. I'm working on getting pics to post of mine.

Hope all went well at the dealership. :shift:

Fill me in!!! We were built on or the same day. Are you saying your car via rail is 2 hours away from your home and you're going to pick it up? That means mine via convoy is somewhere near NJ. I'm just going by your post and responses in the thread you started about window sticker is online this past Sunday.

Does this mean I need to take a day off from work really soon before 8/23'ish? Awww shucks!

NEED TO UPDATE: order pulled Aug. 6th ---- not July 23rd

Believe it or not....it wasnt my dealers fault!!! They actually allowed me to look at all the emails/correspondence reference my order that was supposed to be pulled on July 23rd..... It was actually pulled and serialized yesterday, and I verified it :cry: .......but at least it is finally on its way!

Fill me in!!! We were built on or the same day. Are you saying your car via rail is 2 hours away from your home and you're going to pick it up? That means mine via convoy is somewhere near NJ. I'm just going by your post and responses in the thread you started about window sticker is online this past Sunday.

Does this mean I need to take a day off from work really soon before 8/23'ish? Awww shucks!

SSG,

My Dealer is located in Mobile, Ala. and we are driving over to pick it up at the Dealership after it is prepped and detailed. We will trailer it home from Mobile.

I also put the wrong time for the drive to Mobile, it is 3 hours and a little over 200 miles. Last time Treadwell delivered my 2009 to me but I did not want this one driven the 200 miles on I-10. Too much danger of getting a stone chip. I had a small one on the bumper of my other car when they arrived with it.

Steve

Archived