TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Waiting Game - Version 2.0

Never thought in a million years that it would be this much of a hassle to buy a car. Oh my.

I have to agree. I know that I only ordered the car 1 week ago, but I have not heard anything at all further from my dealer; not even whether they will actually be able to order the car for me. Terribly frustrating.

How is this acceptable for a $55,000 vehicle?

I have driven Mustangs since 1988, and I intended to wait for the S195 cobra model, which became the Shelby. But now the enitre "Shelby" situation is starting to wear on me. I did not buy the 2007-2009 models because I will NOT pay a $10,000 ADM to some dealer who tells me that the cars are limited production. Like the dealer near me with the KR "marked down" to $79,000 ("Save $50,000 off sticker!"-true story; Syossett Ford) However, now that the ADMs are gone, so are the cars, so it seems.

The more I consider this, the more I consider simply waiting for the Camaro convertible. Yes, I like the Shelby more, but there is alot to be said for a giant-engined N/A V8 that is almost as quick and will cost me $10,000 less.

Or worse, a BMW M3 or Audi S5. Yes, they are a different type of vehicle, but I can actually get one. And even the mighty BMW will negotiate price now. And these are for "adult cars," as my associates say.

Does anyone from Ford even care that we are out here, bitching?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to agree. I know that I only ordered the car 1 week ago, but I have not heard anything at all further from my dealer; not even whether they will actually be able to order the car for me. Terribly frustrating.

How is this acceptable for a $55,000 vehicle?

I have driven Mustangs since 1988, and I intended to wait for the S195 cobra model, which became the Shelby. But now the enitre "Shelby" situation is starting to wear on me. I did not buy the 2007-2009 models because I will NOT pay a $10,000 ADM to some dealer who tells me that the cars are limited production. Like the dealer near me with the KR "marked down" to $79,000 ("Save $50,000 off sticker!"-true story; Syossett Ford) However, now that the ADMs are gone, so are the cars, so it seems.

The more I consider this, the more I consider simply waiting for the Camaro convertible. Yes, I like the Shelby more, but there is alot to be said for a giant-engined N/A V8 that is almost as quick and will cost me $10,000 less.

Or worse, a BMW M3 or Audi S5. Yes, they are a different type of vehicle, but I can actually get one. And even the mighty BMW will negotiate price now. And these are for "adult cars," as my associates say.

Does anyone from Ford even care that we are out here, bitching?

Well said, Maxhenry.

Do they care? I don't really know. If I were to see all the orders sitting in the order banks for customer requested cars..I would for sure take care of these people. I know I've said it before...it may not be that simple, but it sure SHOULD BE.

Again I'm taking the weekend off from worrying. 2 months of this stuff is just crazy. I can't believe it's been that long. Ugh.

Well said, Maxhenry.

Do they care? I don't really know. If I were to see all the orders sitting in the order banks for customer requested cars..I would for sure take care of these people. I know I've said it before...it may not be that simple, but it sure SHOULD BE.

Again I'm taking the weekend off from worrying. 2 months of this stuff is just crazy. I can't believe it's been that long. Ugh.

Totally agree with you guys. Part of me gets really pissed I have to keep calling either the dealer or Ford myself to get info about my order........but then again, I also realize that there is a big-ass waiting game for these cars and if the dealer doesnt know something about our order, we cant have them make it up. We are just one vehicle sale (although a bit more expensive!!) The one good thing I can say is the actual owner of the dealership is the one who ordered my Shelby for me....and has also been pretty damn good about keeping me in the loop. Now that I found out my order was pulled Thursday, you would think I would feel better. But I actually am more damn anxious than ever............this sucks!! And talking to Mr. Arning the other day really helped out.....the guy should be in charge of customer service. He loves the cars and enjoys talking to you about them.

And to Maxhenry.....I know exactly what you're talking about. I actually considered busting the bank with an M3 too...........but we are talkingg a good $70 for a fully optioned one.....and it woudln't be as fun and sound as good!!! I think the best part of the Shelby is all the personalizatioN you can do to it............that just wouldnt be the same as the M3. And have you sat in the new Camaro.............ITS HORRENDOUS!!!! :barf: :barf:

my order might have been pulled. salesman said he would call when i was issued a VIN. guy from another forum that also has an order in from the same salesman said he was there today and was told that my order was pulled. hopefully i'll get a call within the next few days with a VIN. Might be a coincidence but 2 days ago I sent an email to Ford customer service requesting status. they replied with what seemed like a generic letter saying material hold blah blah and they could not give an estimate on delivery date. I replied saying that was understandable but I just wanted an assurance the car was going to be made at some point so I dont get hosed like Blue did.

False alarm. called customer service yesterday and got email from dealer today stating my order was NOT pulled and is still on material hold blah blah blah. still looking for a black/black or kona blue/white or silver on the west coast with HID and shaker 500/1000 so I can end the wait early

I should be in.............GO BLU

You are in there now Kona Blu! Sorry...Go BLU indeed my fellow Blu(e) human.

False alarm. called customer service yesterday and got email from dealer today stating my order was NOT pulled and is still on material hold blah blah blah. still looking for a black/black or kona blue/white or silver on the west coast with HID and shaker 500/1000 so I can end the wait early

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a call the other day from a dealer out of Seattle area said they have a Kona Blue with silver on the way I will try to get there number again. As I explained mine was on its way.

Oh here it is

Bowen Scarf Ford

Kent WA

Brian Camp

1-800-577-1158

BB, please update my build week on the chart to 8-10.

Thanks,

Mark

Ah haha, we are going to be going down the line together. If VIN is order of build I will be 30 or spots ahead of you. But you will get your first as mine has to travel down to Atlanta. Yeah wounder who else will be built this week?

BB, please update my build week on the chart to 8-10.

Thanks,

Mark

You're updated usarockit! Great news....not too far away! :happy feet:

Our little chart is filling up quite nicely!

BTW:

Calling Konablue - placed order in MARCH? :headscratch: Still no word?

Bababouie & BigZ any updates?

Ah haha, we are going to be going down the line together. If VIN is order of build I will be 30 or spots ahead of you. But you will get your first as mine has to travel down to Atlanta. Yeah wounder who else will be built this week?

With our Shelby's THAT close, I sure hope that the delivery dates will be as well! I have no firm delivery, just the 'best guess' from the dealer being middle of Sept. However, if you expect yours on August 25 then I may just get lucky and get mine here in Cleveland near that date. I sure hope so because my wife and I take a 3 week driving vacation out west for our anniversary each year. This year we plan to see Glacier National Park in Montana and will leave home on August 29. I would love to break in my Shelby on that trip but until I get the call that it is on the lot here in Cleveland, I plan to make the trip in my '96 Laser Red Rocket.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed for early delivery for both of us!

With our Shelby's THAT close, I sure hope that the delivery dates will be as well! I have no firm delivery, just the 'best guess' from the dealer being middle of Sept. However, if you expect yours on August 25 then I may just get lucky and get mine here in Cleveland near that date. I sure hope so because my wife and I take a 3 week driving vacation out west for our anniversary each year. This year we plan to see Glacier National Park in Montana and will leave home on August 29. I would love to break in my Shelby on that trip but until I get the call that it is on the lot here in Cleveland, I plan to make the trip in my '96 Laser Red Rocket.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed for early delivery for both of us!

This date was given to me by Ford CS rep over the phone, about 2pm est today. And as we all know this information is sketchy at best. :banghead:

This date was given to me by Ford CS rep over the phone, about 2pm est today. And as we all know this information is sketchy at best. :banghead:

After reading your post, I decided to call Ford CS today to see if I could get an approximate delivery date as well.

The rep told me that my build date is the week of August 10-15 (which I had already been advised of) and according to her information, the delivery date to Cleveland is August 22!!!

Perhaps Mr. Mustang will get a break this year and Mr. Shelby will get to make the vacation run out west when we leave on August 29.

We shall see...

After reading your post, I decided to call Ford CS today to see if I could get an approximate delivery date as well.

The rep told me that my build date is the week of August 10-15 (which I had already been advised of) and according to her information, the delivery date to Cleveland is August 22!!!

Perhaps Mr. Mustang will get a break this year and Mr. Shelby will get to make the vacation run out west when we leave on August 29.

We shall see...

Well keep us up to date. If we roll out the same week and your arrival is on schedule then 3-4 days later I should see mine. lets see... :drool:

We shall see...

Hi All,

Brand new to TS as of today. I have been tracking this thread from the beginning and I am happy to finally chime in. My VIN ends in 41629 so you can see that I'm close to usarockit and tdusseau in the pecking order. I ordered on 7/6 and just received word today from my dealer (Salem, OR) that my delivery date is 8/21.

I live in Eugene and it took some searching to find a dealer who was serious about selling a 2010. The dealer here in Eugene quoted me $20K over MSRP. I hung up on him! Then I called a few Portland (OR) dealers and they wanted $10K over. I let them know I was not interested. In a last ditch effort I called the Salem dealer and they quoted (and sold) to me for MSRP. What's better is that they were allocated for only one and I got it.

I am jacked to to get my new ride and finally have a serious muscle car of my own. This is my first (cherry) and I can't wait.

Cheers,

DaFreak.

DaFreak

Oh yeah, the boys on the line are going to be Shelby building fools this week.

Also edit your signature so we all know what you have ordered. And what is on the way.

And props for not giving into the poor dealers. Way to do your homework and find an honest dealer. :happy feet:

DaFreak

Oh yeah, the boys on the line are going to be Shelby building fools this week.

Also edit your signature so we all know what you have ordered. And what is on the way.

And props for not giving into the poor dealers. Way to do your homework and find an honest dealer. :happy feet:

Hi tdusseau,

One thing I had a beef with about this forum was unless you were member you could not see any of the stuff you are asking about (signatures, pics, etc). So for all those out there who are not willing to become a member (and I know there are K's of you) I will post it right here.

I ordered a 2010 Shelby GT5oo Coupe, Performance white with Colorado red striping. I love this pattern not only for the looks but because only 2% of all 2010 Shelby's made (from the numbers I've seen) are like this. Don't tell your friends :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/defreak247/Dro...853032204757282

Anyway, let me know what else you want to know and I'll gladly supply.

Cheers,

DaFreak.

Archived