TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Waiting Game - Version 2.0

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay...since most of the early orders have been received by the board members in the other watch list thread..it's time for us June and later people to start one! (EDIT : we'll add in the people who have ordered before June that haven't received their VIN as of 7-13-09)

I'll update this first post with the stats as they become available...if I miss you...please post and I'll add it to this list.

I find it good to see that I'm not the only one waiting for my car...because sometimes it seems like everyone is getting their car but me.

Image17.jpg

usarockit (Mark) Ordered 6-6-2009 Order Pulled 7-13-2009

Hello Eveyone,

If I have a VIN, shouldn't my dealer disclose of a build month ? Do they have one ? I noticed on the spreadsheet that others with VIN also had a build...My dealer stated he did not have one as of last Friday.

If I remember correctly, my VIN came first. It was then scheduled to a production week shortly after.

This is kind of off topic but is there any way to make sure that the dealer has an allocation. Sure, they will tell you they have one to get you to order the car but is there a way for the customer to be shown proof of the dealers allocation or is it just by word of mouth??

This really is the $60K question. I consider myself pretty resourceful and tried to find this out through many avenues, all of which were to no avail. If we knew this life would certainly be a lot easier. One of the dealers that posts on this forum should be able to answer for sure, but I'm sure if such knowledge exists, it may be reserved for 3rd degree members of the Masonic lodge only.

This really is the $60K question. I consider myself pretty resourceful and tried to find this out through many avenues, all of which were to no avail. If we knew this life would certainly be a lot easier. One of the dealers that posts on this forum should be able to answer for sure, but I'm sure if such knowledge exists, it may be reserved for 3rd degree members of the Masonic lodge only.

I don't think dealers are passionate enough to find out or care enough of their loyal fans of these corporate processes by Ford to help out. We need an insider at Ford who has access to applications such as Documentum and Share Point, the Intarnet, and have the balls to send an email internally to see what's going on.

I know if I was a big fat food junkie and showed passion for my big a** and also participated on chocolate gorging sites for the depressed, I'd help the community I was part of by using some ethical snooping of internal communication powers with the Fortune 50 company I worked for.

Either the dealers don't care or they don't have the power and energy to even try to dig a little deeper for they loyal fans. None of the information we ask is strictly confidential, so what's the deal?

I know what you mean...this whole (rather short thus far) experience almost makes me want to get a job at a dealership to infiltrate and find out the answers to all the questions we have! LOL!

I don't know if anyone else has been like me, but I've been basically hanging out at the Shelby related forums only...and this is where I've been getting my info. Tonight I decided to venture off and read some threads in general 2010 mustang forums. Well it seems that we are not the only ones waiting 2 months or more for our cars. I know part of the delay was because of the pre-shipment recall...with the air-bag, etc. But I found it interesting that people that ordered regular mustangs in late May and June have yet to receive their VIN's just like us. I also read that things should really get rolling in the coming weeks..meaning that they'll be pumping out the cars at a steady pace. We'll see what happens.

I know what you mean...this whole (rather short thus far) experience almost makes me want to get a job at a dealership to infiltrate and find out the answers to all the questions we have! LOL!

I don't know if anyone else has been like me, but I've been basically hanging out at the Shelby related forums only...and this is where I've been getting my info. Tonight I decided to venture off and read some threads in general 2010 mustang forums. Well it seems that we are not the only ones waiting 2 months or more for our cars. I know part of the delay was because of the pre-shipment recall...with the air-bag, etc. But I found it interesting that people that ordered regular mustangs in late May and June have yet to receive their VIN's just like us. I also read that things should really get rolling in the coming weeks..meaning that they'll be pumping out the cars at a steady pace. We'll see what happens.

Hells freezing over in 2011 and I want to drive my car before then. Hopefully my courteous general manager of the dealer I spoke with today can give me some hope, at least put the damn flag in hole 18 of the golf course, so I see and end to my saga and get a damn VIN already.

I told him give me some computer printouts, a VIN, a pull order...anything but a material hold BS line. There are cars sitting on lots much closer to home and I selected "you". Show me the money!!

He politely said they bumped me up to the only allocation as the other guy dropped out. Now what kind of crap is that? They oversold an allocation to me? Lame!

Hells freezing over in 2011 and I want to drive my car before then. Hopefully my courteous general manager of the dealer I spoke with today can give me some hope, at least put the damn flag in hole 18 of the golf course, so I see and end to my saga and get a damn VIN already.

I told him give me some computer printouts, a VIN, a pull order...anything but a material hold BS line. There are cars sitting on lots much closer to home and I selected "you". Show me the money!!

He politely said they bumped me up to the only allocation as the other guy dropped out. Now what kind of crap is that? They oversold an allocation to me? Lame!

I hear what you're saying SmellSoGood....While I'm not waiting as long as some of you, I simply want some confirmation that my car will be rolling down the assembly line at some point - that is all...I don't mind waiting for a while.

Well, at least that's some improvement from your previous situation from the sounds of it. Hope things work out for you.

I may start to make some phone calls tomorrow...just want to see what info I might be able to extract.

Add mine:

Maxhenry 7/14/09 :happy feet:

PS-after lurking for years

What color did you order? :lurk:

Thank God Ford has an orderly, efficient, and fair way to process the patients, err orders. :D

LOL! Yeah, that's about right...isn't it? :D

USERNAME___________ORDER DATE______PULLED DATE_______VIN RECEIVED____BUILD DATE_______DELIVERY DATE

Jared@Lethal 5/4/08 No Idea No Idea 7/20/09 Early Aug

Next Monday build date....oh, I'm jealous! :cry:

Yep, we'll see what happens. At least after reading all the information on these boards from over a month..I know what questions to ask now! :read: Thanks to everyone.

Burning Blue; I sent you a message, please read it if you can prior to contacting your dealer.

What color did you order? :lurk:

I ordered a Sterling Gray convertible with black stripes, HIDs and the Shaker 1000.

But I cannot decide between that and the Black on black. I hate the thought of staying on top of black, especially as this is my daily driver. Thoughts?

Hate to hear a lot of you are going through this. My only advice would be to find a dealer that you like and build a relationship with them. I've loved the GT500's ever since they came out but avoided going to a dealer because I knew I could not buy at the time. Finally broke down Feb 2008 and went to a local dealer that I had bought my F150 from (had a great experience with that purchase) because they had an 08 red vert in stock, never saw one in person so wanted to see. Wanted to wait until I saw pics of the 2010 though before I purchased though. The dealer called me, however, on every 09 allocation they received and offered to order it the way I wanted. I passed, still wanted to see the 2010 before deciding. He then told me straight up exactly how many 2010 allocations he received, he got 2. One is in stock now and the other went to a TS member. I've since asked if he can get more and he can't. Won’t even talk more about it. Won't even consider entering an order 'just in case'. There's another Ford dealer closer to my house that I would not trust at all, based on experience with them. Might not be easy, but find a dealer you can trust and build a relationship with. Not just with a salemans, but start there. I'm in with the dealership owner now. We trust and respect each other and it's going a long ways for each of us. It's making the process of buying mine soooo much easier and enjoyable. Best of luck!!

Anyone looking for a reputable dealer to order from that won't give you the run around I suggest you call Philip Weikert of Weikert Ford in Lake Wales, FL. Philip is a Teamshelby member and will treat you right. This is the 3rd car we're buying from him and it's always been hassle free.

I assure you that you'll be very happy with the service you receive.

Jared

WEIKERT FORD INC.

21399 Highway 27, Lake Wales, FL 33859

(800) 472-6973

I was thinking the same thing Ironpeddler...secretly. But no so much showing it to someone...as Michael Morris mentioned in the limited production rumors last week...members of Ford do read the forum from time to time and they just don't post for fear of being overwhelmed by questions. (which would happen, no doubt)

I was praying that perhaps they might see how passionate we are about these cars and if some of us appear to be left hanging....they take some pity on us and "help" us out..if you know what I mean.

Otherwise...we'll just wait and hope.

But as of this moment there's 13 of us waiting for our orders to be pulled....hmmm....13 cars at roughly $50,000 a car...that's over $650,000.00 Ford potentially has hanging out there.

I'm not one to beg for favors and such...but please...if someone from Ford can help us get our cars...we would be eternally grateful.

Burning Blue; I sent you a message, please read it if you can prior to contacting your dealer.

Thanks AgentIan for the PM. 20ixcmr.gif

I ordered a Sterling Gray convertible with black stripes, HIDs and the Shaker 1000.

But I cannot decide between that and the Black on black. I hate the thought of staying on top of black, especially as this is my daily driver. Thoughts?

I think you made the better choice with the Gray/Black combo. Just my opinion of course...not only the staying clean part of the Black car would be tough...but I just think the Grey looks much more sophiscated and classy overall. Congrats!

I decided to give the Ford customer service line a ring today. I got an outstanding representative, probably the most helpful I've ever gotten on any kind of service line. Anyhow, she did some checking and even called my dealership to ensure all the information was correct. She plugged in everything and I came back as being the status of "material hold". sigh. At least I know for sure I'm in the system.

And for future reference..the order status CAN be looked up without a VIN.

I guess I may wait til Friday and see if my dealership calls...or depending on my mood I may call them tomorrow. I don't know....

:censored:

I decided to give the Ford customer service line a ring today. I got an outstanding representative, probably the most helpful I've ever gotten on any kind of service line. Anyhow, she did some checking and even called my dealership to ensure all the information was correct. She plugged in everything and I came back as being the status of "material hold". sigh. At least I know for sure I'm in the system.

And for future reference..the order status CAN be looked up without a VIN.

I guess I may wait til Friday and see if my dealership calls...or depending on my mood I may call them tomorrow. I don't know....

:censored:

A couple weeks before I ordered my gt500 the dealership told me there was a material hold on them, it was for the HiD's. I have seen numerous cars on here, ebay, etc. that have HiD's so that must not be the problem anymore. Wonder what that exactly means this times?

A couple weeks before I ordered my gt500 the dealership told me there was a material hold on them, it was for the HiD's. I have seen numerous cars on here, ebay, etc. that have HiD's so that must not be the problem anymore. Wonder what that exactly means this times?

I'm pretty sure that Michael Morris said that all orders show up as "material hold" until they are actually pulled by Ford. But I know there was an actual "material hold" for the HID's earlier...I did not get that option.

I think you made the better choice with the Gray/Black combo. Just my opinion of course...not only the staying clean part of the Black car would be tough...but I just think the Grey looks much more sophiscated and classy overall. Congrats!

Thank you.

Of course, you are assuming that I am "sophiscated and classy overall."

I'm pretty sure that Michael Morris said that all orders show up as "material hold" until they are actually pulled by Ford. But I know there was an actual "material hold" for the HID's earlier...I did not get that option.

The HID hold came off back in late March. I added then to my order--Im so glad i did--the change in the positoning of the front lights really chnages the looks of the car--more of the mean/tough look the late 60s Stangs had.I had thought they wre only for better lighting,thats why I didnt order them intially.Since you're still on material hold you might consdier adding them.

Archived