TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Waiting Game - Version 2.0

I ordered a sterling gray metallic with satin silver stripes, electronics package and HIDs. When I got home I looked at the number the salesman gave me and it looks like a VIN#. Starts with a "1Z". So I'm thinkin' I do have a VIN!

Yep...that sounds like a VIN. Congrats!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, my friend...there's no way to spoil the feeling when you first lay eyes on your car.

And I don't even want to mention when it comes time to sit in that thing and turn the key for the first time...."exhilarating" would be a mild way to describe it...you'll see.

:drool:

I hope you're right. It feels like watching the Camaro evolve since 2004 and getting blue balls for nothing. Hopefully, that feeling I still have can be prolonged for another two weeks or so when I take delivery and I reciprocate the feeling for what she's been so deserving to receive. Maybe I should give it to the dealer for so eloquently making me wait and play the game.

Got the rest of the info with the Vin.

Build Date is 9/02

Delivery 9/17

That 9/27 was incorrect. :)

Coupe

Its Black with Grabber Blue Stripes, HID, Electronics for your chart.

Thanks Blown65! Great color combo!

Received VIN today! Another Kona Vert coming to NJ. :happy feet:

1ZVBP8KS9A5145900

Build Date = 9/1/2009

Delivery Week = 9/17/2009

Sounds great Fibredog! Congrats on the VIN!

BB, I think they are going for "Total world Domination". :hide::hide:

Steve

I didn't want to say anything War Eagle...

But I fear one morning I'll wake up and go out to my car and it will have a fresh coat of Kona Blue paint on it! I wouldn't put anything past the Kona Mafia!

:hysterical:

Received VIN today! Another Kona Vert coming to NJ. :happy feet:

1ZVBP8KS9A5145900

Build Date = 9/1/2009

Delivery Week = 9/17/2009

Top Dog is Goldgus, but he gave me an exception to get a Kona/Silver because I live in another county in NJ. Are you sure you didn't want to get a Grabber rather than a Kona Clone?

Top Dog is Goldgus, but he gave me an exception to get a Kona/Silver because I live in another county in NJ. Are you sure you didn't want to get a Grabber rather than a Kona Clone?

I'm in the south west part of Morris County and I only put about 1,500 miles per year on my cars so you probably won't see me out there too often. All my other cars have been silver so I needed a drastic change, except of course for the silver stripes. I'm sure keeping it clean will be a challenge compared to silver, which is probably the easiest color to maintain.

I'm in the south west part of Morris County and I only put about 1,500 miles per year on my cars so you probably won't see me out there too often. All my other cars have been silver so I needed a drastic change, except of course for the silver stripes. I'm sure keeping it clean will be a challenge compared to silver, which is probably the easiest color to maintain.

Good. We both work in Morris County, so a tri-facta at Molly's on Rte. 10 shouldn't be a problem for you if we do lunch one day.

Plant is down this week so don't expect any movement for those asking, "WTF is my car?"

I just confirmed with inside secret agents that my car still has an ETA of 8/29.

How is this going to effect shipping of built units? My car is built, just checked the Sync website and my car is up and running. Sync software V.3.0 activated on 8-11-09.

So does the plant have to be up and running for a unit to be shipped?

How is this going to effect shipping of built units? My car is built, just checked the Sync website and my car is up and running. Sync software V.3.0 activated on 8-11-09.

So does the plant have to be up and running for a unit to be shipped?

Yes. The car is released from the plant after stripes and QC (Sync + other stuff), but the plant needs to be open to ship. My car had a build date of 8/5/09 and Fleet Business Services indicated the car is still at the plant, but they're down. Which means, the car will be released next week for shipment - same as yours.

GOT MY VIN...1ZVBP8KS1A5147124

I have scoured this site looking for the Ford site to check dates and can't find it, I'm sorry to ask because I know it's here but...how do I look this up????

Thanks

Here, click on this link, however your sticker is not up yet.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...VBP8KS1A5147124

They usually appear on Sundays.

Cheers,

Add one more GB to the list.....

Just got my vin 1ZVBP8JS7A5151213 :happy feet:

Expect to get build date info next week.....

Had to go 1000miles to find what I wanted at a fair price, but thanks to you guys on this forum I'm moving forward.

Aerohead

YES!

Called Ford today and the two dates they gave me were 9/16/2009 and 9/23/2009.

She referred to them as the release date and arrival date?

Good stuff Jawbones! I called Ford today as well and came away slightly confused (nothing new). I was told there was no build date as yet for my VIN but the status was showing a "scheduled date" of 9/7-9/14 and an"estimated arrival date" of 9/19 - 9/27. I questioned her on the scheduled date and she told me it was the scheduled delivery date, but the estimated arrival date was when they estimated it would be arriving. Maybe somone can help me understand why these two dates would be different. :headscratch:

Good stuff Jawbones! I called Ford today as well and came away slightly confused (nothing new). I was told there was no build date as yet for my VIN but the status was showing a "scheduled date" of 9/7-9/14 and an"estimated arrival date" of 9/19 - 9/27. I questioned her on the scheduled date and she told me it was the scheduled delivery date, but the estimated arrival date was when they estimated it would be arriving. Maybe somone can help me understand why these two dates would be different. :headscratch:

My build date was 8/5 and I was given an 8/23 delivery. For the last two weeks the date was pushed back to 8/29 and 9/5 for dealer arrival. I found out why 8/23 was an estimate, because at any time of the month the plant will shut down for the week. The plant is closed this week as per my Fleet Manager contact in Flat Rock, which makes sense and why he told me 8/29 is very likely. The other possible date is 9/5 by Ford CS from the last call I made two weeks ago. Today, Ford CS is aligned with my Fleet Manager secret agent dude and indicated 8/29 moments ago when I called them.

Based on your dates, I would say at earliest 9/27, but could be in the first part of October you get your car. It seems striping, detailing, and QC takes the longest after production - at least 1-2 weeks.

My build date was 8/5 and I was given an 8/23 delivery. For the last two weeks the date was pushed back to 8/29 and 9/5 for dealer arrival. I found out why 8/23 was an estimate, because at any time of the month the plant will shut down for the week. The plant is closed this week as per my Fleet Manager contact in Flat Rock, which makes sense and why he told me 8/29 is very likely. The other possible date is 9/5 by Ford CS from the last call I made two weeks ago. Today, Ford CS is aligned with my Fleet Manager secret agent dude and indicated 8/29 moments ago when I called them.

Based on your dates, I would say at earliest 9/27, but could be in the first part of October you get your car. It seems striping, detailing, and QC takes the longest after production - at least 1-2 weeks.

Thanks for the info. I thought the same thing, 9/27 at the earliest. Can't say I'm happy about the wait but what can ya' do...

hey guys, what's going on Burning Blue, its been over two weeks since i picked up my

shelby, and i finnally got a chance to post some pics! sorry guys, they arent that great.

i love this car!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

i had a little issue with the upload size of the pic, my apologies.

post-25541-1251035823_thumb.jpg

post-25541-1251035952_thumb.jpg

post-25541-1251035721_thumb.jpg

post-25541-1251035721_thumb.jpg

post-25541-1251035823_thumb.jpg

post-25541-1251035952_thumb.jpg

hey guys, what's going on Burning Blue, its been over two weeks since i picked up my

shelby, and i finally got a chance to post some pics! sorry guys, they aren't that great.

i love this car!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

i had a little issue with the upload size of the pic, my apologies.

Looks great my friend! Glad to see another GB out there on the streets! Yep..no better way to say it than "I LOVE THIS CAR!" :wub:

Congrats!!

Archived