TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Waiting Game - Version 2.0

Very kind response. That has raised my spirits some. Looks like a nice Christmas gift to myself.

Mike

I ordered a GT500 convertible from Park Cities Ford in Dallas, TX on 7/20/2009. This dealership has a coupe in stock that has the color combo that I like. Color is performance white with red stripes, interior is gray with red stripes. Added the HID, Electronics and Cover options. Was told that this particular dealership is owned by Randall Reed whom also has dealerships located in Houston, TX. Also told that the allocations in this situation are 'pooled', so am assured of being able to acquire the car. Sales manager claims that delivery of the convertible may be Nov to Dec 2009.

Seems that alot of coupes are sitting in showrooms, but few convertibles.

Respectfully,

Rod Michel

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home from the dealer. Cancelled my order which has been on "Material Hold" and found the car I wanted at the dealer. Already changing the suspension and dropping it to eliminate the huge gap between tires and body/wheel well. Can't wait till its done. I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.

29bill

This is the reason I have not yet cancelled my order. I am looking for a black with black stripes convertible with HIDs not more than 500 or so miles from NYC.

Here's one on eBay at a dealer in Arizona. Call 'em up, make a solid offer and have them include closed carrier shipping...

The Verts are hard to come by, especially if you don't order one and are looking for a unique color combo/options

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-BLACK-CO...d=p4506.c0.m245

Here's one on eBay at a dealer in Arizona. Call 'em up, make a solid offer and have them include closed carrier shipping...

The Verts are hard to come by, especially if you don't order one and are looking for a unique color combo/options

I saw that, but I would rather find one closer to home, so that I can go see it before I buy it.

Flying out to AZ is a major pain.

Ford. CS officially worthless. Called today and no new info, still in production.

So for the hell of it I tried Sync website. Did a chat session with CS rep, and long story short he said car has been built for 2 days now. But Sync info was not loaded right so that is why it will not show up on Sync site.

Now why was the Ford rep unable to tell me the car was finished? What a waste.

Ford. CS officially worthless. Called today and no new info, still in production.

So for the hell of it I tried Sync website. Did a chat session with CS rep, and long story short he said car has been built for 2 days now. But Sync info was not loaded right so that is why it will not show up on Sync site.

Now why was the Ford rep unable to tell me the car was finished? What a waste.

Good thinking on calling the Sync website, Tdusseau. I wouldn't have thought of that. Good news that the car is built though, huh?

Just called today and I was told unit has been "released from foreign plant"????? I asked for more info but got the same....

Your car is being built by a team of Russians. I think it would be in your best interest to refrain from asking any more questions about it...you are headed towards trouble. The KGB is not to be messed with. BTW...you did order a red car with special limited edition sickel emblems...right? Not surprising...just let them do their job. You'll get your car when they're good and ready to give it to you.

:P

Just kidding Tdusseau. I know it's frustrating. 35cer2g.gif

Your car is being built by a team of Russians. I think it would be in your best interest to refrain from asking any more questions about it...you are headed towards trouble. The KGB is not to be messed with. BTW...you did order a red car with special limited edition sickel emblems...right? Not surprising...just let them do their job. You'll get your car when they're good and ready to give it to you.

Just kidding Tdusseau. I know it's frustrating. 35cer2g.gif

The last car I bought was ordered in April and arrived by Sept 10. It came all the way from Germany as a custom order.

Just called today and I was told unit has been "released from foreign plant"????? I asked for more info but got the same...."I really don't know what that means". I can not stand Ford CS.....!!!!!!!!! :censored::censored::censored:

In all seriousness tdusseau. I read somewhere that the "foreign plant" is where the Shelbys go to get the stripes put on them. It's the Mazda plant that they go to. After it gets released from the foreign plant it goes back to the regular plant for final inspection and then if all goes well it is ready to be shipped.

I don't know if anyone can verify that for us.

Picked up our black w/grabber blue car today at Weikert Ford in Lake Wales, FL. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new car or truck. Philip Weikert is a true professional and a great guy to deal with. He's one of the boys and will take good care of you.

Here's a few pics of our baby. Just to let everyone know the pictures of this color scheme that I've seen online up until now don't display the grabber blue properly. The ones I've seen so far make the blue look really light like a light baby blue. In person the stripes are much darker and brighter and look amazing. The black w/grabber blue is definitely sick looking so if you're on the fence about this color don't hesitate. You won't be let down.

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

IMG_7442.jpg

IMG_7444.jpg

IMG_7445.jpg

IMG_7446.jpg

Picked up our black w/grabber blue car today at Weikert Ford in Lake Wales, FL. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new car or truck. Philip Weikert is a true professional and a great guy to deal with. He's one of the boys and will take good care of you.

Here's a few pics of our baby. Just to let everyone know the pictures of this color scheme that I've seen online up until now don't display the grabber blue properly. The ones I've seen so far make the blue look really light like a light baby blue. In person the stripes are much darker and brighter and look amazing. The black w/grabber blue is definitely sick looking so if you're on the fence about this color don't hesitate. You won't be let down.

That's weird that even the Grabber Blue Stripes photograph lighter than they are in person..I know the paint does that too. Still looks tremendous, man. :drool:

Weird...Do we have any experts here that might be able to explain this phenomenon to us? Is there a scientist in our midst? :headscratch:

;)

Perfect! My custom AK-47 brackets will work just fine. Plan to drop the FogLights in place of these. Oh my plan is coming along just fine.....hehehe :superhero:

Perfect! My custom AK-47 brackets will work just fine. Plan to drop the FogLights in place of these. Oh my plan is coming along just fine.....hehehe :superhero:

I feel sorry for any Prius' that you run into now - they won't stand a chance with all the firepower you're packing!

BTW : I hope you caught my post above about the real explanation of the "foreign plant". ;)

yeah mama is sitting here giving me a hard time about ruining the suprise. I sit here and read all this stuff and she thinks it is going to spoil the moment.

She said it is like reading about a birthday party instead of actually being there. :headscratch:

I just can't win....lol

Hey - new to forum. Placed my order on 8/4 and the salesguy called on Saturday to say my order had been "submitted to the plant". He also gave me a serial number. I asked if that was the same as the VIN and he said it was but after reading this thread I'm guessing he was wrong. What's the differencce between the serial number and VIN number?

Hey - new to forum. Placed my order on 8/4 and the salesguy called on Saturday to say my order had been "submitted to the plant". He also gave me a serial number. I asked if that was the same as the VIN and he said it was but after reading this thread I'm guessing he was wrong. What's the differencce between the serial number and VIN number?

I don't know about a "Serial number" but there is a stage where your order is "serialized" :

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created.

When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Basically you are one step away from having your VIN created.

Congrats on the purchase!

yeah mama is sitting here giving me a hard time about ruining the surprise. I sit here and read all this stuff and she thinks it is going to spoil the moment.

She said it is like reading about a birthday party instead of actually being there. :headscratch:

I just can't win....lol

Honestly, my friend...there's no way to spoil the feeling when you first lay eyes on your car.

And I don't even want to mention when it comes time to sit in that thing and turn the key for the first time...."exhilarating" would be a mild way to describe it...you'll see.

:drool:

Talked with the salesguy, delivery week of 9/27. They have the VIN but he didnt have it on him. Ill go by later today and get it though. :)

Blown65 : I might have missed it..but what color did you get and if you don't mind - what options as well?

machinehead : Same question - What color and options did you get you get on your car?

Blown65 : I might have missed it..but what color did you get and if you don't mind - what options as well?

machinehead : Same question - What color and options did you get you get on your car?

I ordered a sterling gray metallic with satin silver stripes, electronics package and HIDs. When I got home I looked at the number the salesman gave me and it looks like a VIN#. Starts with a "1Z". So I'm thinkin' I do have a VIN!

Archived