TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dont know if i made right choice??

:headscratch: Hey guys. This will be my 1st true muscle car. My problem is color selection. I have changed my mind 3 times but i think its to late to change anymore as i have a vin# now. I'm actually kind of sick not knowing if i made the right choice. Build date scheduled for 07-20-09. Right now it is black on black. My other 2 considerations were white/blue and sterling/black. Too much pressure,cant handle anymore. I think i'm goin INSANE. :finger: Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

:headscratch: Hey guys. This will be my 1st true muscle car. My problem is color selection. I have changed my mind 3 times but i think its to late to change anymore as i have a vin# now. I'm actually kind of sick not knowing if i made the right choice. Build date scheduled for 07-20-09. Right now it is black on black. My other 2 considerations were white/blue and sterling/black. Too much pressure,cant handle anymore. I think i'm goin INSANE. :finger: Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Love the Black/Black, I went Sterling/Black, I don't think you could go wrong with any of those color combos, but black is a classic.

Regards,

Jim

I have a white wit blue 08, i love the car, the only problem is that white is really boring and dull, even if you detail the car it doesn't really show. however black is difficult to maintain but when you do it right it rewards you with mirror like reflection, ask detailers you know or look at their postings and black is a winner so there you have made a choice i would of done if i have the chance to do it again, now with the stripes the black are stealth and awesome, and no wonder why Mr Shelby has chosen them for SS. appears to me you have got a winner, i know to each his/her own but black is awesome when maintained right, Some detailers say it is not a color on the car it is rather a part time job...lol

No never owned one. BUT i'v seen many and know they are tough to keep clean.

Here is why you made a good decision on black on black. First, black cars are just beautiful, second the plastic trim blends in with the black car and will be about the same color as the flat black stripe so it will come togehter great, third the wheels will be a perfect match for the black on black, and fourth the interior and exterior will be a perfect match so when you look at the entire car.....perfect. Now enjoy your decision and look forward to your car.

I would never own another black car again. I love to wash my cars weekly and wax them monthly but the black shows every little finger print, or swirl mark. At least with a lighter color like silver it doesn't show the dirt or swirl marks so much.

THANKS GUYS. I'll feel better for a little while now. All in all I think i would love any of those choices. Especially when i go see it in person. Expected delivery date (so i'm told) is 2nd week in august. If I can figure it out i'll post some pics. Car is blk/blk, HID's and electronics pkg.

I have black with silver / triple waxed and took it the 1st show last night. There was over 200 cars and was Mustang night. They gave it central postion. Awesome!! Send me your email and I will send pics. Can't figure how to photo shop. Files too big !!

The valances are hiiden quite well with the black but a trouble to keep clean !!

I would never own another black car again. I love to wash my cars weekly and wax them monthly but the black shows every little finger print, or swirl mark. At least with a lighter color like silver it doesn't show the dirt or swirl marks so much.

I too have owned one black car. Too much work and they are real hot inside after sitting in the sun for a while.

Like many others who have had this same question it is what you like not what we like. I have second guessed my color selection several times but I think I will be happy if my car ever gets here. Based on current deliveries you have plenty of time to decide and make changes.

Honestly...out of the three color choices...I would have went with Sterling/Black.

White is sometimes a little too plain..but with the stripes it gives it some much needed "pop". I'd never buy a black car...I simply do not like them. Some people love them though...just not my style.

You seem to be happy with the black/black combo now..there's a reason you chose that...so I would not second guess myself at this point. Your car is coming very soon! WOW! Congrats!

The only thing I questioned myself on was to get white stripes or not..but I quickly realized that my initial preference was my TRUE preference. White stripes...definitely.

ENJOY THE CAR! :happy feet:

so if it is a daily driver it will be hard to keep clean.i had a balck 01 gt couldn't keep it clean.having said that when it was clean its the best color out there(my opinion)enjoy what you have coming and yes it will stand out because it is a gt500 good luck

As you can see, you were not alone deciding color choice. I knew I didn't want black personally because I'm to anal. But black is very nice looking when properly detailed. I chose Grabber Blue but wanted red. Wife said no to red even though its my car, I did ask her opinion. We'll I'm glad I took her advice. After seeing the Grabber Blue on the lot we like the color. I needed to step outside the box. Enjoy the car when you get it and don't let people put their grimey little hands on it.

Same here

NEVER Again!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I am to anal, but I had 2 black cars, I will never make that mistake again.

I own a wht/blu. it was not my 1st choice..but now that I have it, i wouldn't change it. regarding blk/blk, you will feel the same as i do after you accept delivery...you will love it! you will also get alot of attention with that color combo.

SLC

I never like black cars, so I got myself a true classic Mustang color, white/blue. My first initial choice was a Grabber Blue/white, I love the grabber blue pictures Ford released and I thought I would like it in person. After seeing it in person, it wasn't what I expected and sitting next to it was a silver/black and black on black. The grabber blue was just too damn bright and in sunlight its like neon, the silver was just too boring and the color that I thought I never will like was my favorite, black on black. It was just some damn menacing, like Knight Rider and the dark grey wheels just set the car off perfectly. The only thing you will need is one of these brake covers http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DISC-BRAKE-...3A1%7C72%3A1171 to accent the car. I almost drove the black GT500 home that day if it wasn't for the dumbass salesman. I am waiting on a white no stripes so I can add my own dark blue (no grabber) and red pinstripes making it red,white,blue once again.

I never like black cars, so I got myself a true classic Mustang color, white/blue. My first initial choice was a Grabber Blue/white, I love the grabber blue pictures Ford released and I thought I would like it in person. After seeing it in person, it wasn't what I expected and sitting next to it was a silver/black and black on black. The grabber blue was just too damn bright and in sunlight its like neon, the silver was just too boring and the color that I thought I never will like was my favorite, black on black. It was just some damn menacing, like Knight Rider and the dark grey wheels just set the car off perfectly. The only thing you will need is one of these brake covers http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DISC-BRAKE-...3A1%7C72%3A1171 to accent the car. I almost drove the black GT500 home that day if it wasn't for the dumbass salesman. I am waiting on a white no stripes so I can add my own dark blue (no grabber) and red pinstripes making it red,white,blue once again.

What did the salesman do? You said he was dumb?

Cobra010

What did the salesman do? You said he was dumb?

Cobra010

First, he said he will give me a deal 'that's gonna blow my mind", he took of $5K off the $20ADM. I laughed and said no because I don't pay over MSRP, then he said the only Shelby he can do @ MSRP is the 5 2007 GT500 sitting on the floor. I told him I am interested in the 2010 because if its improvement, he said the 2007 & 2010 are indentical with "500HP", only changes are some minor cues in body styling.

First, he said he will give me a deal 'that's gonna blow my mind", he took of $5K off the $20ADM. I laughed and said no because I don't pay over MSRP, then he said the only Shelby he can do @ MSRP is the 5 2007 GT500 sitting on the floor. I told him I am interested in the 2010 because if its improvement, he said the 2007 & 2010 are indentical with "500HP", only changes are some minor cues in body styling.

He needs the ADM to support his crack habit. :finger:

bj

I carry a bottle of Turtle Wax, Ice Spray Detailer with a micro fiber towel in the car. Wipe off the unwanted swirls, prints and water drops. I works excellent if your car has been waxed.

I said I would never buy a black car again after the last black car I owned, but I got another one. I figured I will always keep it clean no matter what color it is. I keep it garaged and covered when I am not driving it. It is not that hard to keep it clean as long as you keep up with it.

I think you wil be happy with black, I am.

Archived