TEAM SHELBY FORUM

stripe problem

KR_Mac

Sorry im a newbie here,

Has anyone ever had any stripe problems..... I just got my KR recently and noticed a small corner area in the rear near the trunk. The stripe looks like it had lifted...I showed it to the dealership a day after I got the vehicle. They said dont worry about it and that they would take care of it, but I was curious if this is common. And if i need to always tell the detail shops to be careful when they port/polish/wax/etc. Any suggestions????

thanks,

KR_Mac

Sorry im a newbie here,

Has anyone ever had any stripe problems..... I just got my KR recently and noticed a small corner area in the rear near the trunk. The stripe looks like it had lifted...I showed it to the dealership a day after I got the vehicle. They said dont worry about it and that they would take care of it, but I was curious if this is common. And if i need to always tell the detail shops to be careful when they port/polish/wax/etc. Any suggestions????

thanks,

KR_Mac

welcome to TS .

Would it be possible to include pics?

Lots of people have had stripe problems and the factory stripes are a pain to put on even by professionals.

Get them painted on when you can, you'll be much happier.

Even though i agree they are pain in the a$$ i still do like the 3D effect of the raised vinyl above the paint.

Sorry im a newbie here,

thanks,

KR_Mac

No problems here. After reading some threads about stripe problems, I've been over my car with a fine tooth comb, and the stripes look perfect (knocking on wood)...

• 2 weeks later...
Back away from the crack pipe. :hysterical:

thanks everyone for your comments.... i fixed the raised area of the stripe with a hair dryer.. (called about stripe problem at SAI). for now its fixed but I did let the dealership know I still want a new stripe in that particular area... well see :)

Yes, I have stripe problems--three that were lifting on an edge, and two with "lumps" under them (presumably from dirt or some other foreign object). Took my KR into the local dealership, who sent photos to SAI. I'm awaiting the response...

Same here: One edge lifting near the left front wheel arch and one area with "lumps" on the driver door. I fixed the lifting edge with glue and just try and forget my lumps.

Regards,

Yes, I have stripe problems--three that were lifting on an edge, and two with "lumps" under them (presumably from dirt or some other foreign object). Took my KR into the local dealership, who sent photos to SAI. I'm awaiting the response...

Archived