TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I HAVE A Question for ALL you PNW guys

BLOWN

Hi there,I live on the east side of the cascades in the desert. I would like to know what or if anyone has has problems washing your cars in your driveways. I live in Kennewick Washington along side Pasco & Richland washington. The council here is trying to figure out what to do about this because the EPA has there fingers on the storm drain program and we have to do something or they will not renew there stormdrain license. What has your communitys come up with If you know. Thanks

Well, I don't live in the PNW but the closest information that I can give you is a similar situtation that happened in the City of Thousand Oaks, CA several years ago.

The city council there banned mobile car washing services for the same reason (strom drain run off), and after several months of back and forth bickering between the council and the mobile wash owners, they agreed on this:

The washer must drive the car onto a waterproof tarp that is surrounded by containment berms on all sides and then reclaim the grey wash water back into a seperate holding vessel for proper disposal later.

Last I heard, mobile wash services choose not do any business in the City of Thousand Oaks CA, and I don't belame them either.

That same topic was discussed on Seattle radio Friday, the city wants everybody yo use a car wash............Ain't gonna happen. :spiteful:

I live in the Kent Valley in the Lakes Communities. We have never been able to wash our cars in our drive ways.

However, my GT500 has not been washed with water since the dealer preped it for delivery on Thankgiving weekend of 2007. I wash all my toys with dri wash and guard only. My 1968 Charger has not been washed with water since 2005 when the body shop washed it for delivery after the paint job. That was the first water wash since 1999. My toys really never get that dirty. It would be very difficult if you drive your car in all kinds of weather. If it looks like it may rain my toys stay inside.

I know,,,, I know,,, this don't help at all with the topic so I will leave you alone now.

No problems here in Lakewood, WA. Aren't most of the good car wash soaps biodegradable anyway? I don't wash the Shelby because it is driven in the rain. Just alot of detail spray and microfibers. When th e 2010 GT500 arrives, its going to get washed one time ans that's it. My other two vechicles are cleaned on a regular basis.

I don't think they want to ban it completly. Director Jay Manning said significant confusion regarding how storm water permits appl to residential car washing. He has made it clear that Ecology will emphasize INFORMING and EDUCATION approach about polluted run off. I wonder how much of the tax payers money will be spent hashing out the Pros&Cons of the deadly killer DRIVE WAY WASHING.

Archived