TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UPR DRIVERS Side Oil Catch Can Released

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They should offer Kahmann a free one to compensate him for his quality control consultation.

+1

I liked this when Ken first installed it. Now that it's the one we need I'm tempted to buy it versus one of the others.

:hysterical: You guys crack me up. This is awfully funny though. Thanks has to go to 'radical08' for sure, since he's the one that first mentioned the questionable design of the passenger side can.

Anyway, I may consider ordering this one too actually, only because all of the hose for the Moroso can that I have run all over my engine bay is kind of cluttering it up.

I'll see about scoring a TS deal from these clowns, since we've GOT to be the reason they built this one! :)

Ken

After the long discussion on our boards i emailed UPR about a week later. I emailed them questioning the release of a drivers side mount catch can. They emailed me back a week later saying "We have actually JUST released this product" and gave me a link to it haha.

the funny thing is they still make it a little bit ambigious as to whether it works on the Shelby GT. On the product description it says "DOES NOT FIT GT500/SHELBY." Quote directly from the product description.

anywho i ordered a polished one immediately. I can't believe how much oil some people are catching and the polished one looks very nice and tidy.

After the long discussion on our boards i emailed UPR about a week later. I emailed them questioning the release of a drivers side mount catch can. They emailed me back a week later saying "We have actually JUST released this product" and gave me a link to it haha.

the funny thing is they still make it a little bit ambigious as to whether it works on the Shelby GT. On the product description it says "DOES NOT FIT GT500/SHELBY." Quote directly from the product description.

anywho i ordered a polished one immediately. I can't believe how much oil some people are catching and the polished one looks very nice and tidy.

Let us know whether it works with out modification on our SGTs. Thanks

UPR offered me a passenger catch can for $69 for my efforts and I think I'll pass. Should have been frre or just paying shipping. :lurk:

You're absolutely right Rad. They owe you and Ken both a free one. Ken for buying one that was suppose to be for our cars but wasn't and trying to work with them, and you for recognizing it was wrong and pointing out what should be. They don't owe the rest of us anything but it sure would be nice to get a good price on a group buy.

Here's the list I've got going.

Correct me if you want off or on!

1. kahmann

2. bobkwiat

3. Chill

Question - if by some incredible stroke of luck I should get a supercharger someday (assume Paxton), will the driver side unit work for that? If so, add me to the list! (some of you may have just fainted :hysterical: )

Question - if by some incredible stroke of luck I should get a supercharger someday (assume Paxton), will the driver side unit work for that? If so, add me to the list! (some of you may have just fainted :hysterical: )

Sorry man, I just had to pick myself up off the floor real quick! :hysterical:

Yes sir, this will definitely work with the Paxton. That's why I'm on the list! :)

You're a fast typer. How about shipping? Either way, I'm in.

Hmm.. I dunno man. I assume freight will be the same, regardless of the discount. I'll ask how much that normally is on these and get back to you for sure.

You're a fast typer. How about shipping? Either way, I'm in.

I assumed shipping will be extra...and reasonable!

OK, folks, I've had my catch can for about 2 months, finally they sent me the correct fittings. Now my problem is this. The hose running from either side of the UPR catch to the valve cover is either kinked, or sits up so high I know it will rub against the hood. Does anyone have a picture of how they installed there UPR catch can on the GT500, or any help in regards to what type of hoses to use? Any and all help would and will be greatly appreciated.

UPR says $10 freight, if each is being shipped to it's own address. $16 total freight for all 10 cans if they're all going to one address.

Ken

Ken, have them ship all of them to you for teh $16, then you ship them all to us for free!!! :hysterical:

Sorry man, I just had to pick myself up off the floor real quick! :hysterical:

Yes sir, this will definitely work with the Paxton. That's why I'm on the list! :)

I thought you mentioned in another thread the the UPR piece lacked the filter media of the Moroso can?

Archived