TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boating Time Lapse Video from the Great PNW!

Randy, nice boat. :) One of these days I need to drag my tub up there and do some exploring. Looked like a great day to be on the water.

I spend most of my weekends boating and fishing. Not much time for the Shelby but I guess that is why the car is the wife's. :headscratch: We spent last week in Hells Canyon camping and relaxing. Fun stuff!

Randy, nice boat. :) One of these days I need to drag my tub up there and do some exploring. Looked like a great day to be on the water.

I spend most of my weekends boating and fishing. Not much time for the Shelby but I guess that is why the car is the wife's. :headscratch: We spent last week in Hells Canyon camping and relaxing. Fun stuff!

Thanks man! I hear you I missed all autocrosses this season so far due to "boat fever". It is like nothing else...I love the feeling of being on the water. Cheers man! Your boat looks like a whole lot of fun man!

Hey Randy cool video. It brought back some great memories for me. I have made that same trip many many times. Have you seen the whales out there yet? We used to have a Bayliner 3988 motor yacht moored at Elliott Bay Marina. I can’t recall the slip but I think it was on C dock. Your slip looks real close to where we were. We sold that boat and bought a place on Lake Chelan. We are lake boaters now. I just went out wakeboarding this morning. Hot here today. Thanks for the memories.

-- Bob

Thanks man! I hear you I missed all autocrosses this season so far due to "boat fever". It is like nothing else...I love the feeling of being on the water. Cheers man! Your boat looks like a whole lot of fun man!

My best days have been spent on the water!

When I got into jetboats that was it for me, I was lost forever. Probably why I'm also migrating towards fast and sporty cars. Nothing like having big horsepower and running through big rapids or running a boat through narrow channels that are ankle deep and sliding across a gravel bar. What a rush! I get the same feeling when the wife lets me drive her car. :wacko: Guess I'm a closet adrenaline junky and why I'm really considering dumping my practical commuter truck (4cyl,5spd) for a Bullitt. :burnout:

Take care.

Hey Randy cool video. It brought back some great memories for me. I have made that same trip many many times. Have you seen the whales out there yet? We used to have a Bayliner 3988 motor yacht moored at Elliott Bay Marina. I can’t recall the slip but I think it was on C dock. Your slip looks real close to where we were. We sold that boat and bought a place on Lake Chelan. We are lake boaters now. I just went out wakeboarding this morning. Hot here today. Thanks for the memories.

-- Bob

Haha Cool! I love 3988's those are great boats...Whales on Haro Straight are awesome. We saw a bunch of porposes last trip no whales. Lake Chelan is a great spot, I have done a bunch of lake boating as well, nothing like an early am waterskiing adventure! Glad you enjoied the time lapse. An older friend and I were talking and the cool thing about boating is that its timeless, the same coves we visit were someones experience in the 20's and earlier...crabs and beer...not a bad combo. The history of the Sound is amazing. Cheers!

My best days have been spent on the water!

When I got into jetboats that was it for me, I was lost forever. Probably why I'm also migrating towards fast and sporty cars. Nothing like having big horsepower and running through big rapids or running a boat through narrow channels that are ankle deep and sliding across a gravel bar. What a rush! I get the same feeling when the wife lets me drive her car. :wacko: Guess I'm a closet adrenaline junky and why I'm really considering dumping my practical commuter truck (4cyl,5spd) for a Bullitt. :burnout:

Take care.

:hysterical: I say life is short so why drive a boring car? Those jet boats are really cool, that has got to be a huge rush!

:hysterical: Wow riverrunner now thats AWESOME, love the sound of that thing! That some piloting skil as well....post more if ya got them...

I'll post another next week......should be a great weekend and 90 degrees out!!

Slabo... :hysterical: true. It is an amazing place Ken! I lived in the Mojave for a few...learned to ride a MC real well at speed in the dirt super fun!

Lookin good Rob! We haven't been doing much slalom skiing lately since we started wakeboarding. I find it easier on my body. I don’t catch much air however. Not a young as I used to be...

:hysterical: Wow riverrunner now thats AWESOME, love the sound of that thing! That some piloting skil as well....post more if ya got them...

That is the sound of a GM 8.1L FI - 390hp. I love that sound too but alas it's no more. Last year I repowered her with 4.2L turbo charged diesel. Fuel burn went from 12 gph to 6. B) Now I can chase those pesky tuna with out carrying a bunch of gas cans!

th_OregonTuna07.jpg

Archived