TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Members Weekend '09

Shelby CS8

Hey Guy's n Gal's,

We need to get an accurate count of who is going to participate so gift bags, ect can be prepared for the event. We will have some great trophy's, awesome auction items, an amazing Hospitality Lounge at Crevier Classic Cars, our starting rally point. Weather you like car shows, cruising or gentlemen's racing, this weekend will encompass it all. This will be the event of the summer to attend!!! For an entry form, email events@281m.com.

TSM09-Poster-050-1.jpg

TS Members,

Here are the Track Rules:

There are very few requirements for cars to run on the track. If you are planning on driving an SUV or truck, please email us to obtain permission. The requirements are:

1.Convertibles must have either OEM/Factory roll protection or Aftermarket roll protection. Allowed convertibles in stock form include cars with substantial roll hoops (eg. Honda S2000, BMW Z3/Z4, Porsche Boxster) and pop-ups (eg. late model Carrera/911 Cabriolets and BMWs). If you are unsure whether your convertible meets our safety requirements, please contact us before signing up.

2.The car must be in good working order and NOT LEAKING ANY FLUIDS.

3.A TOW HOOK must be installed on the front and rear of the car. If not a tow hook, some other provision for a TOW POINT established before driving on track. If we need to tow your car from the front or rear and damage results, Speed Ventures will not be responsible. It is your responsibility to establish a tow point for the front and rear of the car.

4.You must have a helmet (or rent one from us). Any Snell rated (95 or newer) helmet (M or SA) is allowed. SA95 or newer are required. If you do not have a Snell rated helmet, you can rent one from us. Open face helmets ARE permitted. As of January 1, 2010, we will only allow Snell 2000-rated helmets or newer.

5.You must bring a fully filled out TECH FORM to the track, available here. You may tech your car yourself, or have your shop do it if you are not qualified. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to arrive with a safe, sound vehicle.

6.You must have NUMBERS, at least 8" high, on both sides of the car AND on the back of the car (viewable by other drivers). We provide either Racers Tape (free) or numbers (for a fee) at the track.

7.Battery must be securely fastened down (they are on all cars from the factory).

8.Tires:

Street tires must be in good condition, with at least 2/32 of tread remaining. NOTE: 2/32 is probably not enough to get you through a day at the track!

Race tires must be in good condition, with no cord showing.

9.You must have 3-point seatbelts, or better, in good condition.

Jason,

It looks like even the coupes are going to have issues with the track rules. Rule 3 is stating you need a Tow Hook in the front and rear and Rule 9 with the seatbelts.

Looks like I will not be able to make under these Track Rules...

Tom

Tom,

If not a tow hook, some other provision for a TOW POINT established before driving on track. If we need to tow your car from the front or rear and damage results, Speed Ventures will not be responsible. It is your responsibility to establish a tow point for the front and rear of the car.

You just need to know where to tow your vehicle from if you have a failure on the track. If anyone has any questions the day of the event, I will be more than happy to help you with locating a safe tow point on your car.

9.You must have 3-point seatbelts, or better, in good condition.

Tom, every new car some time in the late 60's has had 3 point seat belts installed factory. You must be confused with 4pt. seat belts. So as long as your seat belts are installed and in good working order, your good to go.

Here is the link http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=230

First time driving on a race track? Click here! Printable 2009 Schedule Don't want to use your own car? Rent a race car! Speed Ventures Supercars Exotic Car Run Group Drifting

with Speed Ventures Auto Club Speedway - Full Course "ROVAL"

OPEN TRACK: ALL DRIVERS, ALL LEVELS

Instruction Available

This Event Also Features:

Cal Club Corvette Challenge (SAT)

Miata Challenge (SUN)

Dates Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Price See notes above or click to register to see pricing options.

Instruction Instruction available. (Click here for more info)

Track Auto Club Speedway (Fontana) (Fontana, CA)

Configuration Auto Competition Course - "ROVAL" CCW on Saturday

Auto Competition Course - "ROVAL" CCW on Sunday

Timing AMB Timing and Transponders are available.

Event Info SPECIAL EVENT: Autocross (Saturday & Sunday)

GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION

NOTE: There will be a gate fee of $10 for everyone entering the facility, including drivers, guests, and spectators.

This event includes 4 x 25 minute long run sessions for each group.

Auto Club Speedway is located at 9300 Cherry Ave., Fontana, CA 92335. Use the main entrance to the track off Cherry Ave. and, once through the gate, drive to the left side of the Speedway and then curve right to get to the tunnel which takes you into the interior of the track.

Please show up at the track by 7:15am and go straight to Registration in Garage 2 (G2), the second garage, to check in. Please check in BEFORE unloading or working on your car. Check-in will close at 7:55 and the Drivers' Meeting will begin immediately at 8:00am in the Drivers Lounge (also in G2). The Drivers Meeting is mandatory for all drivers - unless you have received clearance from Speed Ventures to show up late.

GASOLINE: Make sure you show up with enough gas to run your first session at least! There will be no gas available until 9:00am. Following 9:00am, gas will be available every other hour on the hour, starting at 10am (10am, 12 noon, 2pm and 4pm). The attendant will only wait for 10 minutes to sell gas. Gas is purchasable only using CASH. Please bring lots of CASH! Speed Ventures does not guarantee that race fuel will be available. If it is critical to running your car, you might consider bringing your own.

LOADING IN the day before: If you want to unload on Friday you may do so between 4pm and 8pm. Please notify us if you wish to do so and we will add your name to the list at the gate.

Attendees For a list of drivers registered for Saturday's event and their cars, click here.

For a list of drivers registered for Sunday's event and their cars, click here.

Auto Club Speedway (Fontana) Auto Competition Course - "ROVAL" CCW (Saturday)

Auto Club Speedway (Fontana) Auto Competition Course - "ROVAL" CCW (Sunday)

ABOUT SPEED VENTURES CONTACT SPEED VENTURES PRIVACY POLICY LINKS

©2001 - 2009 Speed Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Tom

I have been on the track three times with Speed Ventures at CA speedway. I have had no issues with my car passing the tech. The tow hook is recommended but you can get by with any place to pull the car from. You can find a nice strap that can attaches to one bolt and sticks out the front. It is on my list of things to get. I have posted the link before. I will see if I can find it. Also, one of the participants last year had a shop weld a receiver bolt to his frame and then used a "typical" removable tow hook that he installed at the track. It looked very cool.

I can't help you on the convertibles sorry.

Also numbers can be easily made with painters tape or a home printer.

Tow Hook Links:

http://www.safequipracingproducts.com/racecaracc.htm

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...26&hl=hooks

Hey Guy's,

We need to get an accurate count of who is going to participate so gift bags, ect can be prepared for the event. We will have some great trophy's, awesome auction items, an amazing Hospitality Lounge at Techco at our starting rally point. Weather you like car shows, cruising or gentlemen's racing, this weekend will encompass it all. This will be the event of the summer to attend!!! For an entry form, email events@281m.com with your mailing address.

TSM09-WebFlyer-100-1.jpg

th_TSM09-WebFlyer-100-1.jpg

Saturday:

Jason - Shelby CS8

Chris - Shebly Pilot

Sunday:

Jason - Shelby CS8

Chris - Shelby CS8

Count me in for Saturday. I am not sure if I am available on Sunday but i'll try as it was a kick last year!!

We are up to 35 entrys in less than a week. We max out at 100 cars and goodie bags are only for the first 80 participants. So far the goodie bag value is at $60 and climbing everyday. So sign up now if you want to join.

See the post on 5.0 Mustang & Super Ford's Magazine website here!!! http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/6559326...tion/index.html

Yet another break through!! This one is unbelieveable.....our event made National Media Television coverage!

I just got word from the largest TV network in LA, CBS Channel 2 and KCAL Channel 9 that they will be airing our event on the evening news and on their website! Click here to go to their site! http://cbs2.com/community let us know what you think! I want to thank Otto Peterson and Stephanie of CBS and KCAL for supporting our great cause!

Both….we will get it on the web this week and then on the air the week of the event.

Stephanie R.

Director of Public Affairs, CBS2 & KCAL9

4200 Radford Ave., Studio City, CA 91604

I can't attend Jason, but post up an address, Id like to send a donation to support your fine efforts!

Good Luck!

Thanks for your support!

Send the check payable to "Carroll Shelby Foundation" to:

281 Motorsports

1100 E. Orangefair ln. Unit-B

Anaheim, CA 92801

Unfortunately I can't make it on Saturday, my anniversary is Saturday and although my wife said she would be ok if I attended both days I think it might be a trap! :banghead: So I'm only going to sign up for the track day on Sunday, see you there!

Unfortunately I can't make it on Saturday, my anniversary is Saturday and although my wife said she would be ok if I attended both days I think it might be a trap! :banghead: So I'm only going to sign up for the track day on Sunday, see you there!

Are you going to do the roval? I love that picture on your signature!

Are you going to do the roval? I love that picture on your signature!

Thanks! That's from the LA Shelby Club event at Willow Springs. Yes, I'm going to run the roval, I've never been on this track before and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks! That's from the LA Shelby Club event at Willow Springs. Yes, I'm going to run the roval, I've never been on this track before and I'm really looking forward to it.

Make sure to mention "Team Shelby" and they'll discount off the pit garage.

Archived