TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AA and Ford say production will be more than 2K units

Just in case some of you guys havent read the other thread about 2010 GT500 production. I just got a phone call from someone at AA that reads the TS forum. I was asked to correct the thread that said they were only going to build 2K GT500 for 2010. He would tell me the exact number, but he said it would be very close to 07-08 years!

I know some have posted that they have other info, but it is NOT correct. Ford and AA will produce GT500s as long as they have BUYERS!!

I dont think the posts that were saying only 2K cars was meant to be harmful or ANY thing NEGATIVE, but they just have FALSE info!

MM

If I were Ford I would try to do some damage control and state that the original document was misunderstood. That what it meant was that due to the 1700 customer orders that they had in the system that had not been scheduled, that they were going to commit all production to taking care of customer orders first before they accepted any more Dealer stock orders. Therefore Dealers would only receive one Dealer stock car this model year. At Ford our customers always come first.

Steve

I dont think the PDF was from Ford. I think it was from a Zone mgr! They might have misunderstood what there email said or just misunderstood the info that was given to them!

I dont think this was started to get anyone upset or to get more money out of folks. Just a misunderstanding that went WAY out of control! Now I hope my name gets into AUTOBLOG!!!! :hysterical:

MM

Isn't it odd that this information (stopping 2010MY GT500 production or capping @ 2000 units) has come from multiple sources?

i.e. some whom have placed orders? O.K. I could say one or 2 dealers telling their customer something that wasn't entirely correct (just to get an ADM from another person), but to hear this info from customers, sales reps, etc... ???

I'm thinking that maybe the AA contact may have been told to do some temporary damage control??

Let's face it, the econimy is in the dump, the 2010 isn't as hot as the 2005 when it came out, and the dealers still have plenty of 07 - 09's on the lots!

I could be wrong on all accounts, however, if it quacks like a duck ....

Isn't it odd that this information (stopping 2010MY GT500 production or capping @ 2000 units) has come from multiple sources?

i.e. some whom have placed orders? O.K. I could say one or 2 dealers telling their customer something that wasn't entirely correct (just to get an ADM from another person), but to hear this info from customers, sales reps, etc... ???

I'm thinking that maybe the AA contact may have been told to do some temporary damage control??

Let's face it, the econimy is in the dump, the 2010 isn't as hot as the 2005 when it came out, and the dealers still have plenty of 07 - 09's on the lots!

I read the pdf and it seems legible. and i will finish the sentence you started, it is a duck.

The 2010 GT500 are selling GREAT!!!

I had four allocation and they are ALL already sold! Most dealer who arent asking a ADM have already sold thier cars! We only had one source and it was turned into other sources, but it all came from the same place. That PDF file.

Ill go with the guy from AA over some document from a low level zone rep. We have a great zone rep but she only knows what she asks! Ford doesnt always send info all the way down to them.

MM

I was looking today for a Ford dealer to order a 2010 after i had read that they dont will build more then 2000 cars. I had visit 3 dealers and i also had call a 4th one and everybody had telling me the same story. Only 2000 will be build and they dont take anymore custome orders. Only one want to put me on a waiting list for his 4 allocation he will become, but he cant give me a date when they will get them and if i want one of them then i need to pay $5k over MSRP. I love the GT500 but if Ford dont stop to play with us customer's it will be the last time i had buy a car from them. I had pre- and custome order in Germany 2 times a BMW and 1 time a Mercedes and it had takes them only 2 weeks from the day of production to the day when i had become them and not like some people here that had wait over 7 weeks or still waiting. Oh and from day 1 on i had get every 3 days a mail about what is going on with the car. Customers always need to come first!!!! I hope Ford will learn it one day if they don't want to end like GM.

I really hope that the guy from AA dont want to make only damage control!!!

I tell you my opinon, Ford is getting heat from the CARZAR production of these cars may totally stop. If you have a 2010 Shelby count your blessings because you are the proud owner of the Last American Muscle Car.

:hysterical:

Theres that same Wishful Thinking Post again?????????????

+1

Not sure why a CARZAR would say "stop making money." Ford makes a very nice profit on these cars. Don't know that I'd be too worried about a shortage of these cars right now either. There are 2 2010 GT500's sitting 2 different dealer lots right now within 10 miles of my house. Both Grabber Blue coupes with white stripes, both with HID, both with Shaker 1000, one has car cover and one does not. And a 3rd dealer has the same car on order that's not received nor sold yet.

Somehow I got confused and MISSED that Ford has pulled my last 2 allocations! They are both sold. First of the two should be here next week and the last one is going to be here mid August!!

I did ask for an extra allocation if any become available, but I was told NO extra this year!

MM

Somehow I got confused and MISSED that Ford has pulled my last 2 allocations! They are both sold. First of the two should be here next week and the last one is going to be here mid August!!

I did ask for an extra allocation if any become available, but I was told NO extra this year!

MM

I can see in your sig that you have sold 29 gt500, how many in 2010 you have sold so far if i may ask, and i would expect ford to give you the extra allocations you have requested since you have sold many gt500.

I can see in your sig that you have sold 29 gt500, how many in 2010 you have sold so far if i may ask, and i would expect ford to give you the extra allocations you have requested since you have sold many gt500.

I have had 2 2010 GT500s come in. Both went to TS members!!!

Well Ford only build so many a year! I understand that there are bigger dealers then me! I hope I get an extra one or two!

MM

I have had 2 2010 GT500s come in. Both went to TS members!!!

Well Ford only build so many a year! I understand that there are bigger dealers then me! I hope I get an extra one or two!

MM

Michael you are HUMBLE and i admire that in you, show me how many dealers moved so many gt500s including SS like you did.

Wow...I'm really hoping my order will get pulled soon..seems like Ford is making the rounds...Oh please, please pick me next! :cry:

@Michael Morris:

Michael, hope you don't mind answering a couple technical question about order banks, etc..

When Ford pulls an order or issues a VIN...is this something that you are alerted about? Or is this something that you yourself have to make a point to check if the status of an order has changed? And also, is the "pulling" of an order when the VIN gets issued, or are they two different things?

Thanks. 20ixcmr.gif

@Michael Morris:

Michael, hope you don't mind answering a couple technical question about order banks, etc..

When Ford pulls an order or issues a VIN...is this something that you are alerted about? Or is this something that you yourself have to make a point to check if the status of an order has changed? And also, is the "pulling" of an order when the VIN gets issued, or are they two different things?

Thanks. 20ixcmr.gif

Well if funny you should ask TODAY!!! Most of the time the ZONE manager calls and asks which order number you want pulled! Thats the way its always been for us. Well now back to the funny part! Couple of weeks ago my brolaw was looking at what we have coming and asked about TWO GT500s that were showing up. I told him that they were the cars that were ALREADY delivered to the store. Emailed last night asking the Zone Mgr when they might pull my last two allocations and if they were any EXTRA!! She told me that they had ALL been pulled and NO EXTRA this year! I looked and to MY surprise the LAST 2 allocation had been pulled. One will be here next week and the last one will be here mid August!

Now to answer the rest of your question. As soon as the order is PULLED the car does get a VIN. Once it gets a VIN the car WILL be MADE!!! But the dealer needs to check the orders on Friday mornings to see if it was pulled or not!

MM

Well if funny you should ask TODAY!!! Most of the time the ZONE manager calls and asks which order number you want pulled! Thats the way its always been for us. Well now back to the funny part! Couple of weeks ago my brolaw was looking at what we have coming and asked about TWO GT500s that were showing up. I told him that they were the cars that were ALREADY delivered to the store. Emailed last night asking the Zone Mgr when they might pull my last two allocations and if they were any EXTRA!! She told me that they had ALL been pulled and NO EXTRA this year! I looked and to MY surprise the LAST 2 allocation had been pulled. One will be here next week and the last one will be here mid August!

Now to answer the rest of your question. As soon as the order is PULLED the car does get a VIN. Once it gets a VIN the car WILL be MADE!!! But the dealer needs to check the orders on Friday mornings to see if it was pulled or not!

MM

Thanks for the response. :yup:

That's a stroke of luck about getting the two additional cars. Are those the cars that the dealership ordered then? Meaning not customer orders? If so, what are the colors on them?

Ah, I wasn't sure about the VIN being issued...thanks for clearing that up! I was hoping when/if I ever get a call about my order being pulled, that I wouldn't have to wait some more for a VIN. So the orders only get pulled on Friday? Very interesting.

Once again you've been very helpful - I highly appreciate it. I wish I would have known about this forum and you in particular before I placed my order...

Im working on that my friend!! But I dont have much time to get outside helping all the LOST GT500 owners!!!! :hysterical:

MM

I think we all really appreciate your efforts. It's great to see the help and communication. You've always been straight up with everyone. :D

And I know that I at least appreciate your sense of humor! :bandance:

Archived