TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian Oil

I was watching the Kudlow Report tonight and they brought up some interesting points. Why aren't we purchasing more oil from Canada? They are our friends, allies and neighbors. We should help them help us. Let's make the Middle East poor instead of richer and move more capitol into Canada's economy. Forget Middle East politics and let's work with CANADA!

They're talking about the possibility of 20 dollar a barrel oil. Now who would complain about that?

I was watching the Kudlow Report tonight and they brought up some interesting points. Why aren't we purchasing more oil from Canada? They are our friends, allies and neighbors. We should help them help us. Let's make the Middle East poor instead of richer and move more capitol into Canada's economy. Forget Middle East politics and let's work with CANADA!

They're talking about the possibility of 20 dollar a barrel oil. Now who would complain about that?

Mike If I'm not mistaken you are getting 99% of our oil now...My oldest son is an engineer

with Exxon Mobile...There is 5 oil platforms here off of Nova Scotia that has been pumping

natural gas into a pipeline to the New England states for the past 12 years.

Canadian oil now represents 20% of your total imported oil...There is talk of increasing

production right now.

We have lots of oil here in Alberta to sell y'all.. The stuff literally fuels our economy, and with Canada's "equalization redistribution payments" we fuel a lot of other provinces economies too... Plus we have to pay off the environmentalists, so we're going to need about 50 - 80 bucks a barrel... In gold bullion please!!

What I really don't get is why doesn't the USA do more oil drilling?? You have a fair amount... It would keep the cash in your country, create jobs and because of regualtions it would be a lot easier on the "world enviorment" than the way they are sucking it out of the ground in middle eastern countries...

The reason this won't happen probably has something to do with "climate change" and a plan to increase taxes.

Mike If I'm not mistaken you are getting 99% of our oil now...My oldest son is an engineer

with Exxon Mobile...There is 5 oil platforms here off of Nova Scotia that has been pumping

natural gas into a pipeline to the New England states for the past 12 years.

Canadian oil now represents 20% of your total imported oil...There is talk of increasing

production right now.

I think that's what they were getting at was the increase in production. I was on my way out the door and only caught bits and pieces of this story. I hope I didn't misquote them.

I think that's what they were getting at was the increase in production. I was on my way out the door and only caught bits and pieces of this story. I hope I didn't misquote them.

No I think you're right...I think production is going to be increased.

What I really don't get is why doesn't the USA do more oil drilling?? You have a fair amount...

Yes we do. They just keep telling us that more drilling is "not the answer". We also have a ridiculous amount of natural gas. In one case the government granted a lease to explore for gas and when they found trillions of cubic feet of the stuff, the government wouldn't grant them rights to extract it and bought back the lease. The gas just sits there. Amazing in its sheer stupidity.

Archived