TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I have been looking are for a 2nd job just to pull in some extra money, and everywhere i look all i get is the work and home doing stuff online. Yeah it sounds good and everything, but i cant help but feel its some kind of scam. Anybody know anything about it, or have any experience with it?

I have been looking are for a 2nd job just to pull in some extra money, and everywhere i look all i get is the work and home doing stuff online. Yeah it sounds good and everything, but i cant help but feel its some kind of scam. Anybody know anything about it, or have any experience with it?

Where are you looking?

What are type of job are you looking for? Usually you can get hired on at Home Depot, Lowes, Wal Mart, Target, etc.... as Part Time as a second job.

There was a report on the news that there's a marked increase in "Work from home" scams due to the economy. I think the majority of those that are legit are from established companies, (such as Best Buy), hiring via their own HR department. Most of those are call center type of work involving quite an infrastructure designed to manage your performance, (dedicated ISP service, dedicated router & computer, VPN, VoIP, soft phones, etc). In my company those roles tend to be tenured employees who started working on site. I would stay away from any place that doesn't have an established physical address.

Our local consumer TV reports warn people about the work at home scams. In this econominc forum, more people are earnng their extra money by taking yours. :nonono:

They always caution you NEVER pay money up front for a job or materials. You work for them, let them supply what you need. I saw a report where people bought jewelery making supplies, made the jewelery and the company said the products were't up to snuff so they wouldn't pay for them. Basically the company was in the business of selling jewelery parts.

I saw another report were the "satisfied references" were people paid to tell you how great the company was.

When I needed a second job, I went to an agency for free. I live a major area and another time I got a job moving rental cars at the airport. Easy money and I got to drive new cars.

Good luck.

Archived