TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A-Arm Support Brace

I installed an A-Arm Support Brace over the weekend. It was purchased a few weeks ago but with all the rain and lack of time it never got done. The installation was easy. Remove two factory bolts install brace with supplied hardware and torque to 136 ft/lbs as indicated in the factory manual. It may not do anything but it could not hurt and can be removed if needed.Shelby_A_ARM_Support2.JPG

Shelby_A_ARM_Support2.JPG

I installed an A-Arm Support Brace over the weekend. It was purchased a few weeks ago but with all the rain and lack of time it never got done. The installation was easy. Remove two factory bolts install brace with supplied hardware and torque to 136 ft/lbs as indicated in the factory manual. It may not do anything but it could not hurt and can be removed if needed.Shelby_A_ARM_Support2.JPG

I have been thinking about doing this as well, whose did you get ?

Thanks

Andrew

I have attached an additional photo of the support brace for anyone else interested. The car was on the lift when I took the pictures which made the install & picture taking easier.

- Kevin

Shelby_A_ARM_Support3.JPG

Shelby_A_ARM_Support3.JPG

Is this the brace that comes standard on the GT500 or am I thinking of something else?

Ken

Ken,

It looks to mount at the same location as the FRPP unit (standard equip on the GT500), but the FRPP mounts uses the exisiting 4 holes.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9790

This is a mod I already did using the FRPP unit thanks to a PM from 428CJ.

Ken,

It looks to mount at the same location as the FRPP unit (standard equip on the GT500), but the FRPP mounts uses the exisiting 4 holes.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9790

This is a mod I already did using the FRPP unit thanks to a PM from 428CJ.

OK ya that's it. I couldn't remember if this is the brace you told me about.

Very cool, I'll get the FRPP brace ordered up.

Ken

Ken

Ken

Do you have the Moroso 4.6L/5.4L Ford Aluminum Deep Sump Oil Pan 7 Quart (#20555)

and do you know if this support will fit with that pan ?

Andrew

Ken

Do you have the Moroso 4.6L/5.4L Ford Aluminum Deep Sump Oil Pan 7 Quart (#20555)

and do you know if this support will fit with that pan ?

Andrew

Yes I do and that's a very good question. I'll let ya know when it shows up!

Ken

Ken

My car came with the FRPP brace from the factory :headscratch: I just looked ,,its a 2007 GT/CS,,I also had the car built, it has a auto trans to,,,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey Ken

Any word on these yet ? I know you have been busy with the SC install.

Thanks

Andrew

I called my guy at Sac Mustang on this earlier this week and he had zero recollection of me ever ordering it. :doh:

I bought the Granatelli version to install on my 2006 V6 convertible, only to discover the convertibles had them stock from the factory.

When I got the 2009 GT/CS, I looked under there and saw it was already braced. Same for the 2008 convertible GT/CS.

I deduce that at some point the factory started equipping either all GT/CSs or all Mustangs GT and above with the A-frame brace. There may be some V6 coupes out there that still need them. The Granatelli piece is a nice blue one. I'll eventually find a use for it, or a V6 buyer.

You got to figure if the factory believed the cost of putting them on many if not all cars was worth it, they must be a worth-the-cost item.

I bought the Granatelli version to install on my 2006 V6 convertible, only to discover the convertibles had them stock from the factory.

When I got the 2009 GT/CS, I looked under there and saw it was already braced. Same for the 2008 convertible GT/CS.

I deduce that at some point the factory started equipping either all GT/CSs or all Mustangs GT and above with the A-frame brace. There may be some V6 coupes out there that still need them. The Granatelli piece is a nice blue one. I'll eventually find a use for it, or a V6 buyer.

You got to figure if the factory believed the cost of putting them on many if not all cars was worth it, they must be a worth-the-cost item.

The converts & SVT vehicles come with the Ford Racing brace which can be purchased for $60.00.

• 4 months later...

Archived