TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I need Aussie tail lights!!

I've been in Japan for a while and I guess I need to make my car legal. That way I can drive her around insted of trucking her around. I've seen the Australian Mustangs with the rear amber turn lights. How can I get ahold of a set of these? I don't like the UK versions nor do I want to go the Japanese route with amber lights in the rear bumper! Can anyone hook me up with info for aquiring a set?

Nick

UKtaillights.jpg

Euoropes answer to light conversions

Japanlights.jpg

Japans try at it.

Whiteshelbyamberlights.jpg

thIMG_1990.jpg

Redgtamberlight.jpg

PJmustangamberlight.jpg

Orangegtamberlight.jpg

M2610_Rear1.jpg

Contact Craig Dean at Mustang Motorsport in Melbourne, Australia.

http://www.mustangmotorsport.com.au/home.php

I believe they actually cut the original lens out of the frame and stick the new lens in the original frames.

Craig has just finished two conversions for me and his work is second to none.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Peter

Dropped them a line. Now to wait!.......

Thanks!!

Nick

Peter

Do you have an e-mail addy for anyone working there? No one has responded since I contacted them via their web sit contact form.

Nick

Different countries dictate different lighting configurations.

Many European countries require a rear mounted fog light (red).

In Japan, only one reverse light is necessary (many have one reverse light and one rear fog light). Two additional marker lights on the rear bumper are required. Japan also requires side (fender) mounted signal lights., and all the turn signals must be amber in color.

The United States also only requires one reverse light, though most have two. Here, the brake light and turn signals can both be red. We do, however, require new models to have a 3rd brake light.

Different countries dictate different lighting configurations.

Many European countries require a rear mounted fog light (red).

In Japan, only one reverse light is necessary (many have one reverse light and one rear fog light). Two additional marker lights on the rear bumper are required. Japan also requires side (fender) mounted signal lights., and all the turn signals must be amber in color.

The United States also only requires one reverse light, though most have two. Here, the brake light and turn signals can both be red. We do, however, require new models to have a 3rd brake light.

Thanks Socal!!

Most of what you covered I know. That is why I am trying to aquire a set of the Australian tail lights. That way I don't have to cut into the bumpers. I have the side markers are covered. I picked up a set of amber LED's. I only have to drill a 1/8" hole for the wires the lights have sticky tape on them. Rear side bumper lights not needed. Just reflectors. I've dropped by the Ford dealership in Tokyo and Yokohama. I got the low down on the conversion req's. If I can't get the Aussie lights I have a back up plan.

Thanks, Nick

Archived