TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHOULD I TRADE IN ON A 2010 GT500

Hey guys & Gals I am so overwelmed about the new 2010 GT500! After watching this reviews from Garage19 This guy is really awesome and tells it totally like I feel!

Please watch this video everyone let me know your thoughts

I have a brand new 2008 GT500 i bought in December and only have 1,026 miles on her. I really like the 2010 options and changes

Gosh im on GT500 overload : ) :doh:

thank you Everyone who voices in : )

Hey guys & Gals I am so overwelmed about the new 2010 GT500! After watching this reviews from Garage19 This guy is really awesome and tells it totally like I feel!

I have a brand new 2008 GT500 i bought in December and only have 1,026 miles on her. I really like the 2010 options and changes

each to his own---if you got the cash,go for it,its a really great car,and evryone oogles on it.Im sure you'll get hammered on depreciation on the 2008,so you might want to wait for re-sales on the 2010 next year to equalize the costs.

I was at the same crossroads. The '10 is a great car, but so is the '08. If money is no factor, I am sure you will enjoy the upgrade, although you may want to wait for the initial excitement to wear off on the '10 pricing. I see the '10 as a great refresh to the '09 (same power train, add intake, tune, clutch, suspension, interior), but really wanted to keep my powder$ dry to see what the '11 or '12 model had in store. If I had not saved a ton of $$ on a new '09, the '10 would be a no-brainer. One thing to keep in mind, the press is paid to hype new cars, and downplay the outgoing model to keep folks turning over cars. Are the incremental refresh items worth the incremental $$? Good luck with your decision.

I was at the same crossroads. The '10 is a great car, but so is the '08. If money is no factor, I am sure you will enjoy the upgrade, although you may want to wait for the initial excitement to wear off on the '10 pricing. I see the '10 as a great refresh to the '09 (same power train, add intake, tune, clutch, suspension, interior), but really wanted to keep my powder$ dry to see what the '11 or '12 model had in store. If I had not saved a ton of $$ on a new '09, the '10 would be a no-brainer. One thing to keep in mind, the press is paid to hype new cars, and downplay the outgoing model to keep folks turning over cars. Are the incremental refresh items worth the incremental $$? Good luck with your decision.

Thanks guys! I know waiting on what price I can get! If not a good one I will wait til next year!

Just love the video this guy did! Watch it everyday : )

Thanks guys! I know waiting on what price I can get! If not a good one I will wait til next year!

Just love the video this guy did! Watch it everyday : )

I sold my 2009 two months ago for $40,000, I paid $43,000 (invoice) back in December of 2008. I bought a new 2010 with HID for $45,110 ($1,000 over invoice). I think the $5,000 difference is worth it and I will get a $2,500 tax credit back this year on my sales tax because of the new law just passed.

I was going to add CAI, improved suspension parts, and new KR exhaust among other things to my 2009 that would have cost me more than the $5,000 difference I paid to upgrade to the 2010.

Steve

I sold my 2009 two months ago for $40,000, I paid $43,000 (invoice) back in December of 2008. I bought a new 2010 with HID for $45,110 ($1,000 over invoice). I think the $5,000 difference is worth it and I will get a $2,500 tax credit back this year on my sales tax because of the new law just passed.

I was going to add CAI, improved suspension parts, and new KR exhaust among other things to my 2009 that would have cost me more than the $5,000 difference I paid to upgrade to the 2010.

Steve

That is a good deal.

each to his own---if you got the cash,go for it,its a really great car,and evryone oogles on it.Im sure you'll get hammered on depreciation on the 2008,so you might want to wait for re-sales on the 2010 next year to equalize the costs.

Only one problem, the 08 will continue to depreciate it is not going to wait for the 010 to catch up.

No one knows the certainty of the future, if I wanted on I would not wait until next year, it could be like certain baseball teams wait till next year and next year never comes.

JMHO>

Cobra010

can you tell us more about the tax savings--did you trade a clunker,or wil any of us buying a new one get it--thanks

Here you go, there will never be a better year to buy a new car than 2009. Prices are down and tax savings. I did not do a trade, straight sale.

I almost forgot to mention that my CPA indicated that the current sales tax deduction (which this incentive actually is) may be going away to increase tax revenues to the Government. Currently you can deduct any sales taxes on new or used cars, aircraft or boats but looks like not going forward except this targeted deal on new autos. I bought a used aircraft back in March I was hoping to be able to deduct the Florida sales tax of 6% but may lose that option. So the actual deal is this is a little bit of "Smoke and Mirrors" and feel good by the current congress. However the incentive may not be there at all in 2010 so...........

http://www.savingtoinvest.com/2009/02/car-...a-economic.html

I did forget to add that you really need to watch the total drive out price carefully. The State of Florida considers the Dealer Doc fee as part of the sales price of the car and you have to pay tax on that as well as the gas guzzler tax.

If the IRS does what my CPA say they are planning and do remove the sales tax deduction for used cars it will improve the market for new cars and further hurt the used car market. It will help the autoworkers union, the big three sell more new cars and the Dealers.

You can look for other small and hidden changes to the tax codes going forward as the Government tries to find more revenue sources.

I think all of this must be factored in when making a go or no go decision on an expensive new car right now.

Steve

Steve

Hi, just playing devil's advocate here, the suspension is marginally better than the '08, but if handling and lowering is your thing, you will likely replace the suspension on the '10 model too. Same for the Exhaust. Intake and tune comes to about $1000. So for me, the difference of a comparably equipped '10 model would be >$6k, which as gas and insurance for quite a few years.

Here you go, there will never be a better year to buy a new car than 2009. Prices are down and tax savings. I did not do a trade, straight sale.

I almost forgot to mention that my CPA indicated that the current sales tax deduction (which this incentive actually is) may be going away to increase tax revenues to the Government. Currently you can deduct any sales taxes on new or used cars, aircraft or boats but looks like not going forward except this targeted deal on new autos. I bought a used aircraft back in March I was hoping to be able to deduct the Florida sales tax of 6% but may lose that option. So the actual deal is this is a little bit of "Smoke and Mirrors" and feel good by the current congress. However the incentive may not be there at all in 2010 so...........

http://www.savingtoinvest.com/2009/02/car-...a-economic.html

Thanks so much--guess my acct would have picked it up, but we pay7% here in Atl,so looks like i can deduct $3500--now i can buy the strut brace!!

Hi, just playing devil's advocate here, the suspension is marginally better than the '08, but if handling and lowering is your thing, you will likely replace the suspension on the '10 model too. Same for the Exhaust. Intake and tune comes to about $1000. So for me, the difference of a comparably equipped '10 model would be >$6k, which as gas and insurance for quite a few years.

Roger that, those were not my only reasons for buying a 2010. I fell in love with the new interior, and overall styling of the car. I really love the new HID headamps, the new hood, the fender flares, and now really like the back of the car better than my 2009. All in all it was the right decision for me but might not be for everyone.

Steve

Roger that, those were not my only reasons for buying a 2010. I fell in love with the new interior, and overall styling of the car. I really love the new HID headamps, the new hood, the fender flares, and now really like the back of the car better than my 2009. All in all it was the right decision for me but might not be for everyone.

Steve

Understand. Are the HIDs available on the 10's? I have the HIDs on the'09, which I love. For me, I like the hood of the '09 so much better, but indifferent about the rear. The new interior is nice.

Understand. Are the HIDs available on the 10's? I have the HIDs on the'09, which I love. For me, I like the hood of the '09 so much better, but indifferent about the rear. The new interior is nice.

The 2010 HIDs are totally different, check this out.

post-25298-1246907698_thumb.jpg

post-25298-1246907698_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much--guess my acct would have picked it up, but we pay7% here in Atl,so looks like i can deduct $3500--now i can buy the strut brace!!

If we are talking sales tax will not help me much at all traded my 2009 on the 2010 only $4600 difference which the tax is based on at 6%.

Cobra010

Steve

Right and the 2010 is far superior to the 2009. New clutch, different ratio in 5th and 6th gear on transmission, satellite radio standard,

sync standard, 3:55 rear end instead of 3:31, cold air and tune standard, suspension upgrade and more.

Cobra010

Facts speak for themselves.

Cobra010

The question posed by the OP was whether it was worth it to 'trade' his current ride for the '10 model. The OP actually got some pretty good advice from 'some' replies, stating that it depends on his financial standing, how much he values the refresh items, the market values in his area for both vehicles, etc……

Archived