TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spark Plug Interval?

I'm going to do it every other oil change now. I just pulled my NGK's after about a year (8k miles) and noticed that the gaps had increased form .032 to about .036. Tightly gapped plugs are cheap insurance to elude detonation.

How easy is the plug change on these things?

How easy is the plug change on these things?

The ones against the firewall are a little tough to get to but it's really not that bad at all. Just remove the Cold Air Intake. And you need a 10mm deep well and a #30 torx bit, and then the spark plug socket. A couple 3/8ths inch extensions (a 6 and a 3") and I also used a swivel. Torque the plugs down to apx 14 ft/lbs.

Guess I better get a set and change mine....My NGK TR-6s have about 16,000 miles on them......and a lot more boost than a stage II.

Yep, I'd get it done sooner than later. I bet their gapped up to apx .040 by now.

Yep, I'd get it done sooner than later. I bet their gapped up to apx .040 by now.

Yep, picked them up at Advance last night and will put them in this weekend. They only take about an hour to change....including a beer. Almost not worth cooling down the garage for.

Archived